Looking for a new headset

I'm currently using a fairly bog standard Logitek headset and whilst it does it's job, it's horrendously uncomfortable around my ears and the mic quality is only about so-so.

The main reason I want a new one, however, is the comfort issue, perhaps I have large ears but the ear muffs really dig into mine and cause a lot of issues during a prolonged gaming session such as a raid. My budget is about £70, give or take (that's about $110 or €80).

I'm currently looking at getting the Razer Carcharias which is obviously at the top end of my budget, I'm wondering if anyone could offer any other more cost-effective solutions?

Finally, if anyone could offer any first hand experience of the sound quality of any headsets, that would be greatly appreciated. I listen to a lot of music and good sound quality, especially in depth of bass, can be near paramount for me.

Many thanks for any help you can provide
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

The Logitech G35s are really good. I have them and they work great. Within price range too.

G930(wireless) or G35(wired) are both good headsets

http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/gamecom-777

I'm extremely happy with this. I sometimes forget I have them on and keep playing after logging off skype, or turning off a music dvd I had on while playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the Razer Carcharias and I love it. I use Bose for listening to music but the Carcharias do well enough for music. The best thing about the Carcharias is that I have a huge head and they fit better than any other headset I've worn, very comfortable, and durable.

Just one other thing, the noise canceling on them is awesome. Pisses my wife off.
    Last edited by Ossian; 2011-05-20 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Too many good things to say.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I currently use the Razer Carcharias headset, and it is by and far the most comfortable headset that has ever graced these ears. Light as a feather, soft as a pillow, and damn good looking, if I do say so myself. The sound quality is astounding for an open-can headset (they use a wire mesh on the outside of each earphone.), and the mic quality is reportedly excellent, coming from fellow guild-mates in Vent and Mumble.
    Coming from someone who had used around 20 different headsets, including most Logitech, Turtle Beach, and so on, these have yet to be beat, and sit at the top of my list for quality and performance. You just can't go wrong.

---------- Post added 2011-05-20 at 11:50 AM ----------
    ^^

Lol Just noticed this. My fiance HATES how well this headset works.
    Last edited by Soulshaft; 2011-05-20 at 03:53 PM.

Many thanks for the replies, folks. Have a much better grasp of what I want now
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh