Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Scarab Lord StayTuned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany & Croatia & Netherlands
    Posts
    4,452
    Quote Originally Posted by hadry View Post
    Demonstrators all over the world

    http://www.thetechnoant.info/campmap/
    yeah... like... two guys holding up sings in the air can be called a demonstration.

  2. #22
    Field Marshal hadry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    World revolution? You are kidding me. Nice and quiet where i am.
    I didnt make the web an i dont think its a world revolution either, but its not only here in any way. Other thing is if its not being showed around.. might be for something hehe. The ay it started here no1 showed it in the newspapers and news... and now it keep growing...

  3. #23
    The Lightbringer Eightace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,727
    Quote Originally Posted by KpEMuKoBcu View Post
    Anyone else noticing the information umbrella?
    No umbrella, just lack of interest from the rest of the world. According to the news the protests have been going on for 4 days now, plenty of time to spread the word.

  4. #24
    The Lightbringer shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Spaniard in Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/eu...sts/index.html

    Here is the link. When you said revolution and the rest of Europe i thought it was serious. It is just a few thousand people having a demonstration. Most of the world is having similar financial problems.

    In fact, it IS SERIOUS. In Spain we can only choose between two political groups because there is no way the rest can win. That happens because the two main parties, PP and PSOE gain extra votes from each vote we do.That way no other party can win the elections.

    Since Franco died (cheers) we've only had those 2 parties on top of the country. PP (Partido Popular) is the right side one, they are the ones who manage a little better the economy , tho, they don't give a s++++ about the social improvements but for rich people.... and the PSOE (Partido Socialista Obrero Español) is the worst you could never imagine about the economy but at least they are the ones who look for people rights (tho now a day not even they do that).

    So, onces again, it is serious because it's important that every spanish person in the world starts moving to stop the corruption in our politics. In the last years they've stolen and wasted millions of euros.

    It is a problem when a country is managed by banks and building companies and it's time to change. In Spain workers have to pay for the bad gestion of the politics and it's reaching a critic point so, what you see on tv and in some european capitals is furious people showing how unhappy we are with our politic situation in Spain, if we have "democracy", why don't they let us change it?

    Que todos los españoles salgamos a las calles en cualquier ciudad de Europa, merecemos una democracia justa y real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by shise; 2011-05-20 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Gram

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer Eightace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,727
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    In fact, it IS SERIOUS. In Spain we can only choose between two political groups because there is no way the rest can win. That happens because the two main parties, PP and PSOE gain extra votes from each vote we do.That way no other party can win the elections.

    Since Franco died (cheers) we've only had those 2 parties on top of the country. PP (Partido Popular) is the right side one, they are the ones who manage a little better the economy , tho, they don't give a s++++ about the social improvements but for rich people.... and the PSOE (Partido Socialista Obrero Español) is the worst you could never imagine about the economy but at least they are the ones who look for people rights (tho now a day not even they do that).

    So, onces again, it is serious because it's important that every spanish person in the world starts moving to stop the corruption in our politics. In the last years they've stolen and wasted millions of euros.

    It is a problem when a country is managed by banks and building companies and it's time to change. In Spain workers have to pay for the bad gestion of the politics and it's reaching a critic point so, what you see on tv and in some european capitals is furious people showing how unhappy we are with our politic situation in Spain, if we have "democracy", why don't they let us change it?

    Que todos los españoles salgamos a las calles en cualquier ciudad de Europa, merecemos una democracia justa y real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The USA has 2 parties to vote from, the UK has 3. Spain is no different to most of the western world. in the UK we have 2 parties sharing power at the moment because they did not have majority votes needed to take power. They made a deal just to take power, how is that democracy? Least amount of votes get in by making shady deals.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    In fact, it IS SERIOUS. In Spain we can only choose between two political groups because there is no way the rest can win. That happens because the two main parties, PP and PSOE gain extra votes from each vote we do.That way no other party can win the elections.

    Since Franco died (cheers) we've only had those 2 parties on top of the country. PP (Partido Popular) is the right side one, they are the ones who manage a little better the economy , tho, they don't give a s++++ about the social improvements but for rich people.... and the PSOE (Partido Socialista Obrero Español) is the worst you could never imagine about the economy but at least they are the ones who look for people rights (tho now a day not even they do that).

    So, onces again, it is serious because it's important that every spanish person in the world starts moving to stop the corruption in our politics. In the last years they've stolen and wasted millions of euros.

    It is a problem when a country is managed by banks and building companies and it's time to change. In Spain workers have to pay for the bad gestion of the politics and it's reaching a critic point so, what you see on tv and in some european capitals is furious people showing how unhappy we are with our politic situation in Spain, if we have "democracy", why don't they let us change it?

    Que todos los españoles salgamos a las calles en cualquier ciudad de Europa, merecemos una democracia justa y real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Spain and the rest of the world. Portugal has 5 parties worth mentioning, but only 2 matter (not to me anyway).

  7. #27
    The Insane smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    15,501
    The Spanish have an uncanny ability to start revolutions, from Spain to Latin America, they're very good at starting these things.

    Problematically, they historically have a hard time actually finishing them, with most successful revolutions being "successful" because the military or some other powerful group finished it for them, pretty much fucking over anything they intended to accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  8. #28
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    The Spanish have an uncanny ability to start revolutions, from Spain to Latin America, they're very good at starting these things.
    what revolutions are you referring to exactly? and who is"the spanish"? from spain to latin america you say... well, that's a whole lot of people to put in that "like to start revolutions" bag of yours, isn't it?

  9. #29
    The Insane smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    15,501
    Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr View Post
    Ontopic: Spain has my support. At least one country is trying to do something about the two party system and political hypocrisy on a scale that might achieve something.
    The idea that three parties or more will be an improvment is silly. There are only 3 choices that any politician can ever make regarding anything, regardless of what side they're from.

    They can agree.
    They can disagree.
    They can compromise(which can be taken as an extension of agreeing or disagreeing, thus reducing possible sides to 2).

    That's it. There are no other options. You either support legislation that would do X, or you don't. Provided the supporters of X are open to working on it to get you on board, you would then still not support X, and support X2.0. If they are not open to altering it, then you still don't support X.

    Maybe more parties would bring more diverse viewpoints, but in the end it comes down to supporting or not supporting something. Everything system is a two-party system.

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-20 at 11:03 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaugrana1899 View Post
    what revolutions are you referring to exactly? and who is"the spanish"? from spain to latin america you say... well, that's a whole lot of people to put in that "like to start revolutions" bag of yours, isn't it?
    Pretty much every revolution in any Spanish-speaking country ever. And yes, it is a wide variety of people. I was simply noting that they have a LOT of revolutions, but few of them improve the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  10. #30
    As far as I know they're protesting the austerity measures. I can understand the hatred towards the politicians, but on the other hand they have to cut or they're gonna be forced to cut when the country goes into default. Looks pretty shitty short term no matter what they do.'

    But yeah, almost complete media blackout about the protests in Spain. Almost as to not instigate panic.
    Last edited by Diurdi; 2011-05-20 at 06:06 PM.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    The idea that three parties or more will be an improvment is silly. There are only 3 choices that any politician can ever make regarding anything, regardless of what side they're from.

    They can agree.
    They can disagree.
    They can compromise(which can be taken as an extension of agreeing or disagreeing, thus reducing possible sides to 2).

    That's it. There are no other options. You either support legislation that would do X, or you don't. Provided the supporters of X are open to working on it to get you on board, you would then still not support X, and support X2.0. If they are not open to altering it, then you still don't support X.

    Maybe more parties would bring more diverse viewpoints, but in the end it comes down to supporting or not supporting something. Everything system is a two-party system.[COLOR="red"]
    Thats oversimplifying politics, and its definitely oversimplifying political parties.
    Party x supports a and b. Party y supports q and r. Q and A, are mutually exclusive. R and B are mutually exclusive. Who do I vote for if I support Q and B?
    Individuals are not simple. They cannot be defined for easy reference in the manner of:The elves are a lithe, pointy-eared people who excel at poverty.

  12. #32
    Can anyone enlighten me as to how cohesive this whole mass demonstration thing is?
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-05-20 at 06:30 PM.
    Individuals are not simple. They cannot be defined for easy reference in the manner of:The elves are a lithe, pointy-eared people who excel at poverty.

  13. #33
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Pretty much every revolution in any Spanish-speaking country ever. And yes, it is a wide variety of people. I was simply noting that they have a LOT of revolutions, but few of them improve the situation.
    i don't quite understand what you're trying to say. these diferent historical events happened for all kinds of reasons, i can't see how the fact that the people involved speak/spoke spanish has anything to do with anything.
    it's especially confusing that you mention latin america, since the roots of most of their revolutions probably lie in -spanish- colonialism... and of course the USA have also played a huge role in these events.

  14. #34
    The Lightbringer Eightace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,727
    Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr View Post
    Its the german word for "eugenics". Something a certain group who hated Jews was fond of.

    edit: Beat me to it.

    Back on topic: Can anyone enlighten me as to how cohesive this whole mass demonstration thing is?
    Does not seem very cohesive, only 8 thousand protestors in spain with a population of 46 million.

  15. #35
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,345
    Try to keep it on topic and ignore the racist comment please.

  16. #36
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    Does not seem very cohesive, only 8 thousand protestors in spain with a population of 46 million.
    i'm pretty sure it's more than that. i haven't heard exact numbers since this whole thing started a few days ago, but judging from what i've seen live today in barcelona and the images we see in the news from madrid, i'd say it's more than 8000 people in total.

    probably still not enough to call it a revolution, though... we'll see how things develop.

  17. #37
    Miss Doctor Lady Bear Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    15,036
    Killed the conversation from a troll; please ignore and move on.

  18. #38
    Elemental Lord Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    8,240
    It's only in Spain as far as I know.
    I guess greeks should go out and do something too.

    But no-one else is out, because we don't have your problems :P

  19. #39
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    (´・ω・`)
    Posts
    1,729
    Nobody expects the Spanish Revolution!

    (sorry, OT I haven't seen anything in the news about this but I don't read it that avidly)

  20. #40
    Elemental Lord Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    8,240
    Quote Originally Posted by hadry View Post
    Demonstrators all over the world

    http://www.thetechnoant.info/campmap/
    There are no demonstrations in any of the cities marked in my country, nothing. And do you honestly believe anyone in China cares? There's marks in China. There's one in the middle of nowhere in Russia too.
    This "map" has nothing to do with reality.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •