Poll: What should I do?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    ebay dude.. and it doesn't have to be new just has to work right . something new is a WANT not a NEED its arguable its not a NEED at all but if you really want it consider do you NEED it new or WANT it new? Its probably a WANT so go buy a second hand one for a 10th of the price that does exactly the same job. Since i started doing this i have saved a fortune. Clearly some things you have to buy new or you want a warentee because even if second hand it could cost more that's understandable but something like a headset surly not?

Deleted
    I so understand your pain, US eBay is pretty much my home .

However I don't get why don't you order them from eBay or some US store? Low price, you gotta add shipping (10-30$ let's say) but still worth it.

Anyway voted the "Ride my bike to USA" option because... Who the hell wouldn't?

http://www.webhallen.com/hardvara/95..._sound_headset

Best headset on the market imo and only 899 SEK (about 140 US$)

And you could probably get to the store as well unless you're a farmer or something But they have home delivery as well so no biggie!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancha View Post
    I'm a Norwegian myself, and I have checked around some, and I can't say I'm seeing any G930 around 140$ here. They are in the same price range as in Sweden (230-250$)

Check out Amazon. I've bough quite few of items there, and I'm rarely above 5-10$ in freight costs.

Edit: I took a look at Ebay and Amazon, and there are plenty shipping for free and are at a reasonable price.
    Uhm, I'm not sure if this was a mistake on their part or if it was supposed to be that cheap. Too bad it's at the normal price again
    http://www.prisjakt.no/product.php?pu=654571

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon.com
    This item cannot be shipped to the address you selected. (Learn more.) You may either change the shipping address or remove the item by clicking Delete.
    How do I get this to work?

10+ Year Old Account
    Make a friend and have em mail ya a set?

Quote Originally Posted by BrontoÐ View Post

And you could probably get to the store as well unless you're a farmer or something But they have home delivery as well so no biggie!
    You do know the g930 is the exact same thing has that, but wireless

Deleted
    Wtf, since when is something cheaper in Norway? :/
    + are you accounting the fact that the norwegian currency is "worth more" than the swedish?
    On topic: Sure you've checked every alternative? buy online, different store, etcetc.
    Last edited by mmoc2c18626f4d; 2011-05-20 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Currency! found the word!

welcome to the internet, use google and find a cheaper shop, your inside the eu arn't you
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Try being a Canadian looking for a big screen HDTV.

See that ad on that website for that TV that's $1299? Yeah, we don't ship to you because we only ship within continental U.S., however you can buy the same TV from our Canadian counter-part for a mere $2499!!!

Everything that is expensive in the U.S. is insanely expensive in Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by Il1dan
    Sorry bro but it is mmo-champion the #1 QQ web site on the net

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BrontoÐ View Post

If I'm going to buy a new headset for a lot of money it has to be wireless and the G930 was recommended by a lot of people. Only complaint I could find from 2 days of searching forums/review sites was that it had a tight fit which is not really a problem. The only thing I didn't find was the expected battery life (not talking about how long it lasts before I have to recharge it, I want to know how many times I can recharge it before the battery dies). On my old headset the cable would get stuck on my chair and when I tried to stand up it broke.

About Ebay, how reliable is it? Most of the trusted sellers only ships to USA and I don't know if I can trust the NEW tag on those that ship internationally.

Does someone know if there is a site that ships this headset to Sweden for around 150$?

http://www.inet.se/artikel/6606177/s...0-g4me-headset
    Sennheiser is, and have allways been, best when it comes to sound. Those are 1400kr but there are cheaper ones to, just browse aroudn on Inet. Inet ships in sweden for about 70kr with a very fast delivery, you could check out komplett.se if you want to, allso a very good place for computer stuff.

I'm admittedly very uneducated on the subject (and I did not read most of the thread), but cannot you not have it shipped to you from Norway?
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-05-20 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have a cheep 30$ logitech head set,(not sure which one, no longer have the box.) works like a charm,. I'd take a bike ride to the usa. :P or lower your price range. plus you wont be as upset if a dog/cat chews up your head set if it only cost 30$. (that's what happened to my last head set. ><)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FearXI View Post
    Make a friend and have em mail ya a set?
    Easier said than done. I'm don't have any friends

You guys need to take in to account the fact that shipping internationally taxes and duties are imposed.

That is probably the reason computer stuff is so expensive in your country, its all being imported and your government wants to tax the crap out of it.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I'm admittedly very uneducated on the subject (and I did not read most of the thread), but cannot you not have it shipped to you from Norway?
    No longer an option since A, the site that sold it cheap didn't ship to Sweden and B, it's not cheap anymore (sudden increase of 135$).

@eErike
    I'm looking for a wireless headset. I've heard nothing but good things about the G930 so that's most likely the one I'll buy. The problem is where I can buy it for 150$~

@Playintrafic
    What would happen if I take a small boat and go outside the Swedish borders, would I be able to get past those insane taxes?

This may be an obvious suggestion, but have you tried Logitech's site? I checked their Swedish site and found http://www.logitech.com/sv-se/gaming...s/devices/7248 for £ 1799.00, not sure if that's a lot or not >.>

try being canadian. everything here is taxed and expensive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    This may be an obvious suggestion, but have you tried Logitech's site? I checked their Swedish site and found http://www.logitech.com/sv-se/gaming...s/devices/7248 for £ 1799.00, not sure if that's a lot or not >.>
    lol

1799 SEK is 285$. If you change your language on Logitechs site the price suddenly drops to 119.99$ which is ****** up, how can taxes/shipping more than double the cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Porkitozh View Post
    No longer an option since A, the site that sold it cheap didn't ship to Sweden and B, it's not cheap anymore (sudden increase of 135$).

@eErike
    I'm looking for a wireless headset. I've heard nothing but good things about the G930 so that's most likely the one I'll buy. The problem is where I can buy it for 150$~

@Playintrafic
    What would happen if I take a small boat and go outside the Swedish borders, would I be able to get past those insane taxes?
    Sorry, missed that.

@Nikedarling905:

Yea, don't really think you understand what's going on here.
    Sweden is the highest taxed country after Denmark who's the world leader in those matters.

Danmark: 48,9 procent (Denmark)
    Sverige: 48,2 procent (Sweden)
    Belgien: 44,4 procent (Belgium)
    Frankrike: 43,6 procent (France)
    Norge: 43,4 procent (Norway)
    Italien: 43,3 procent (Itally)
    Finland: 43,0 procent (Finland)
    Kanada: 33,3 procent (Canada)

Taken from http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skatt (Swedish Wiki about taxes).

Edit: Those percentages are Taxes and Fees of the national BNP.