Thread: Changes to BoL

Changes to BoL

With the changes of BoL having the Holy light landing 100% of the healing back to the BoL target, will holy pallys want more crit? It's tough to put crit towards the top of our secondary stat priority.... After intell, we pretty much need spirit and haste to be pretty high. What do you guys predict holy pallys will do with the changes of Holy Light? Is this an incentive to use HL as much as DL?

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure there are existing threads discussing this...

Anyway, crit will be wanted not just because of the Beacon change, but the change to 200% crits instead of 150%. I still don't think it will outweigh haste, however.

As far as HL vs DL, I don't think this is going to make us significantly change our playstyle. HL is filler. The change to BoL basically says "Here, have double the filler!" ...thanks, I guess?

Thanks. I probably should have titled the thread differently. I wanted to know people's opinion about stacking crit as a secondary stat now because of the changes....

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't mean to be rude, so please don't take it that way Bostonian. <3

I don't think I'll be quite stacking crit at the expense of haste, but I don't think I'll reforge it to haste as I currently do. Probably only Mastery will still be afforded the "blanket-reforging" technique imo.

Edit: I'm not really sure. I'd go play with it on PTR, but I just don't look forward to downloading all that stuff all over again. XD I'll probably follow the above route, and then perhaps tweak my method as I get a chance to play with it and see how it pans out. I still think haste will be better than crit, but the gap will be much smaller than before (and that's a good thing).
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-05-20 at 05:52 PM.