Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cata View Post
    It is quite a good trinket for a druid tank, as for the warlocks, mages, and warriors... maybe they can't read?
    i had a guildie who was using the valor Agi trinket as a lock because of the HIT.

yes, he actually legitimately thought that was a good use of his valor points, as opposed to reforging. he now complains that we don't bring him to our HM raids. i honestly don't even feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    i had a guildie who was using the valor Agi trinket as a lock because of the HIT.

yes, he actually legitimately thought that was a good use of his valor points, as opposed to reforging. he now complains that we don't bring him to our HM raids. i honestly don't even feel bad.
    You might want to let him know rubbing a magnet on his computer will increase its speed also. It is a mix of confusion and sadness over bad math skills or a complete lack of understanding on what helps or hurts toons.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

People are just stupid. I saw a guy running around with agi trinket as a warrior instead of str, when i asked why he replied "agi is crit and crit is best XD".

-.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    An agility trinket is something that ONLY rogues, hunters and feral druids can use. Anyone else rolling on it is an asshat so I do sympathise entirely with the OP.
    Poor enhancement shamans

Deleted
    Except any tank other than a druid gets no benefit from agility - so it's not justified for DKs, Warriors or Paladins.
    Agility grants dodge. I wouldn't personally roll on it though. up until the recent addition of cloaks from Al'Akir heroic the agility cloak from Maloriak was best in slot for Paladin tanks, and I would assume all tanks.

Deleted
    Best solution is just not to group with idiots in the LFD. Make a premade group on your server or from your guild. If you are going LFD, be prepared to meet players who don't care about you since most likely they will be from a different server. I agree it is frustrating however I disagree with your views on gearing for a different spec.

I am well geared in one spec which is healing, but have you tried doing dailies or other activities in any healing spec, it is close to retarded. So of course I am gearing up for DPS off spec just so it doesn't take me many minutes to kill one mob and I certainly won't want to "get gear" before entering a heroic to do that. It is a waste of time. If someone needs those items for their main, I just pass/greed, but if no main needs it, I just take it for off spec.

An agility trinket is something that ONLY rogues, hunters and feral druids can use. Anyone else rolling on it is an asshat so I do sympathise entirely with the OP.

Exactly this. The actions of virtually every person in this game nowadays is despicable.

---------- Post added 2011-05-22 at 02:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    You're complaining about something you don't have a clue about and YOU are sick of it? Tia's Grace is pretty much BiS(pre-ZA/G) for a Feral Tank.

Pre Za/Zg? ROFL what great Trink drops in those? When you play a hunter, rogue etc and a lock, warrior, mage, pally, dk rolls on your agility piece and shards it report back how you feel.

ive had a retarded as fuck resto shammy die 3x on Coroborus (first boss of the stonecore) as the healer and yet "key to the endless chamber" drops and he needs on it. i need on it , on my hunter yet he wins it. typical situation carry retards and they'll just spit in your face. the entire party said how worthless the shaman was and kicked him promptly right after it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, same thing happened to me today. Agi trinket drops and a DK rolls need on it. I was on my druid, which is a feral kitty, so it was something I could have used. I didn't really care, as it was a normal dungeon and I'm almost 85, but it was just one of "those" moments.

FWIW, it's been pretty rare for someone to need on an item that isn't for their class.

I would support some sort of system where only people who can use an item can roll on it. For at least BoP stuff. BoE stuff adds a whole different level of, uh, potential drama.

---------- Post added 2011-05-23 at 01:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    Just to clarify: I'm not saying that rolling need an anything you can is ok, but the attitude "other people should not roll on stuff I want" annoys me.
    But that's not what he's saying. Nobody should be rolling need on anything for offspec if there's someone who needs it for mainspec. That's the way it has always been. Unfortunately, we're seeing a whole new class of selfish players who think they're entitled to anything they could possibly use.

---------- Post added 2011-05-23 at 01:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    So if i have a resto shaman and want to play another spec I should roll a new character
    Again, nobody is saying that. Feel free to roll on offspec gear, but make sure nobody else who's in your group needs
    the gear for the spec they're running the instance as (mainspec). If someone else needs it for mainspec, pass on it.
    Last edited by tacoloco; 2011-05-23 at 01:01 AM.
    I'm a crazy taco.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calm down on the flaming. I'd hate to have to close another one of these threads...

Quote Originally Posted by streetlightout View Post
    Tia's Grace is actually really decent for bears - so I wouldn't feel bad losing to them - but I do feel your pain. I've been in countless random heroics when a trinket will drop that is specifically for a healer/dps/etc and someone will OS roll it and win over the MS in the group that actually needs it. Yes - this can all be avoided by running with guild groups, blah blah blah - but sometimes you can't do that or don't want to - just want to do you own thing you know? It would be great for Blizz to at least attempt to lock down the 'need' restrictions on trinkets (and I think rings/necks are pretty open as well).
    Well said. I just don't see Blizzard doing that anytime soon. In fact, I think their current stance on it is "working as intended." Or whichever awesome-cool catch phrase they're using these days. Winning?

Well technically, there is a possibility that a non agility class player who has a trinket ilvl 280 from quests comes to this instance. When such a thing drops it will obviously be a big upgrade for him. I'm not gonna judge whether it is right or wrong, just explaining some people's reasoning

10+ Year Old Account
    When i was lvling an alt thru northrend recently, I qued as tank for Azjol Nerub, hoping to get the tank ring at the end. It drops and im like , Then the warrior dps, and Ele shaman both need on it and im like -.-*, luckily i won with a Need of 100. The ele shaman even asked me if he could get it from me...../facepalm

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Well technically, there is a possibility that a non agility class player who has a trinket ilvl 280 from quests comes to this instance. When such a thing drops it will obviously be a big upgrade for him. I'm not gonna judge whether it is right or wrong, just explaining some people's reasoning
    Nobody should be rolling need on gear where the main stat doesn't apply to their class and main spec. That means classes that use agi as a primary stat should be rolling need on an agi trinket. I'm not even convinced that tanks who get some dodge from agi should be rolling need over a class who uses it as a primary stat.

In the end, though, it's just loot and more loot will drop. So even if someone hoses you on a piece of gear, there's no sense in getting bent out of shape over it. Shit happens.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Deleted
    This has probably been said in the thread, but i cba to read all posts.

I myself usually dont roll on offspec items untill i know im the only one who actually wants it. That being said, when its your 10th time in the dungeon and you have to pass it for the X th time since a undergeared player (not saying the OP is that, just making a point) who barely breaks 7k dps. Then yes i will most likely roll need. Just to be clear, this is for offspec gear i could use... not items i wont ever use.

15+ Year Old Account
    [about Heart of Solace]
    tank: anyone need that?
    mage: well, i could use the haste
    mage has selected need for Heart of Solace.

WAT. but yeah, just another problem with Blizzard's group loot system.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    There are plenty of quest rewards that give a passive boost to a primary stat (the last quest for Schnottz comes to mind). All of those will be better for non agility users than the trinket the OP is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    Pre Za/Zg? ROFL what great Trink drops in those? When you play a hunter, rogue etc and a lock, warrior, mage, pally, dk rolls on your agility piece and shards it report back how you feel.
    Yeah, Pre-ZA/ZG, and I know exactly how it feels, what of it? I had a Porcelain Crab get ninjad because they liked the Mastery... as a Combat Rogue..
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-05-23 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraspank View Post
    I just can't believe that at 85, and in Heroic dungeons, people still have NO clue.
    He knew exactly what he was doing. He just wanted it to pad his ilvl, regardless of the stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we're talking about Tia's Grace?

I don't see any issue with feral druids rolling against DPS on it at all. It's just as useful to them as rogues and hunters. Plate tanks rolling on it is sketchier, and of course, casters are right out.

The trinket is stupidly well-itemised, which might be part of the problem. For my spec and gear level, that trinket is better than every single normal raid drop, and better even than some of the hard mode options! I'm not saying all gear needs to be "worth" it's item level, but that's too good for a heroic blue.

I suppose, with that in mind, the amount of mastery might make it still a very good trinket to a lot of casters. Their behaviour isn't justified by this fact -- one should never roll against someone who will get full use out of all the stats and procs -- but it does at least make it a little less nonsensical.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |