Alakir HM p3 disconnects

My guild has been working on this fight for a couple weeks now and last night we finally made it to p3....three times. Each and every time we would have no less than 5 players all disconnect, each time being 2 or 3 of the healers. Is there some known issue with this fight that is causing some kind of addon conflict that causes players to lag out? It is pretty frustrating that we pretty much had to kill three times but the lag boss beat us.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Are said people using the Optimize Network for Speed check box?

Oh man, someone else is getting the same problem! I don't disconnect, however I get tremendous lag and am basically useless for all of p3 al'akir and it makes it a pain in the ass to do.

Edit: This happens on normal for me, never done heroic.

I am guessing it might be some kind of graphical issue in that zone. We also had our shaman disconnecting every time he zoned in after a wipe. I have also experienced problems with the game freezing as soon as rohash casts his air beam thing.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty much your internet OP; I've had that issue for a LONG time

Then I upgraded and everything was fine

it seems to only affect you when your ''Stacking'' so fight's such as chimeron will also give you delays in your case

So my suggestion to you is probably find another service if not use a proxy such as wowtunnels or smoothping

I doubt it is our connection. Four of us in the raid live within 30 miles of each other geographically, all using the same ISP. I personally didn't disconnect on any of our attempts (I am among those four). Those who disconnected all did at the same time in p3, among them some players on the other side of the country. I sincerely doubt that everyones internet took a dump at the same time, at the same specific part of the fight, on three different attempts that were spaced out throughout the night. We never have disconnect issues in any other raid instance, nor during any of our 100+ attempts on this fight, 97 of which were only p1 and 2, other than every once in a blue moon. The coincidence points to something to do with the game itself, not our connections.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cleotaurus View Post
    I doubt it is our connection. Four of us in the raid live within 30 miles of each other geographically, all using the same ISP. I personally didn't disconnect on any of our attempts (I am among those four). Those who disconnected all did at the same time in p3, among them some players on the other side of the country. I sincerely doubt that everyones internet took a dump at the same time, at the same specific part of the fight, on three different attempts that were spaced out throughout the night. We never have disconnect issues in any other raid instance, nor during any of our 100+ attempts on this fight, 97 of which were only p1 and 2, other than every once in a blue moon. The coincidence points to something to do with the game itself, not our connections.
    Well I'm giving you my experience for about 10 weeks+ within that fight and it's always happen until I made the change of a better net

15+ Year Old Account
    Make sure all your raiders who are serious gamers install the Latency fix. You can use the visual basic script in the download or follow the links to Microsoft's page and do the steps manually. It can make a huge difference on certain fights.

Instructions for Apple users is in the post on that webpage as well.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atencyFix.html
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Been getting really lame lag spikes everytime the clouds spawn in p3. :<
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Make sure all your raiders who are serious gamers install the Latency fix. You can use the visual basic script in the download or follow the links to Microsoft's page and do the steps manually. It can make a huge difference on certain fights.

Instructions for Apple users is in the post on that webpage as well.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atencyFix.html
    thank you, i will have them try this

15+ Year Old Account
    I was disconnecting on basically any fight that had a big aoe mechanic for about 3 weeks straight. I realized I had re-installed Windows and forgot to make the network change again. I didn't DC a single time during both raids night this week.

It also dropped my latency again from 80 to around 27ms. In wotlk it went from 160 to between 50-60ms.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never did al'akir hc but I can confirm that it happens and is most likely NOT the issue of your connection. I know some people with 10mbits that had similiar issues (someone mentioned chimaeron for example). Also random lagspikes and disconnects during raids. It maybe somehow connected to the quality of the internet connection but not directly to the speed. Or are you implying 100mbit is mandatory for wow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Never did al'akir hc but I can confirm that it happens and is most likely NOT the issue of your connection. I know some people with 10mbits that had similiar issues (someone mentioned chimaeron for example). Also random lagspikes and disconnects during raids. It maybe somehow connected to the quality of the internet connection but not directly to the speed. Or are you implying 100mbit is mandatory for wow?
    Well my old connection I tried latrix, tried tweaks; Everything. It's not the speed but it is probably how the connection roots itself to blizzard

Whatever this new net did, It certainly works

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    That's why it's a latency fix. It frees up the bottleneck of waiting for packets which is a poor network card configuration. Wow in high bandwidth uses about 1/2 of 1 mbit sustained so your connection speed is not the issue. There's a very technical explanation at the wowinterface page about it. Or you can google TCP Ack Frequency and you'll find about 100 hits explaining how it helps.