Deleted

What to do next?

Hi,

We are currently 7/13 with Conclave, Al'akir, Nefarian, Council and Chogall still alive and we need to decide what to do next. But unfortunately we don't have a rogue and / or a mage available so we decided to skip conclave and do one of the final bosses next.

Some say they want to do Al'akir but others warned us about it and said that it's the hardest one and suggest for example Nefarian.

What are your opinions?

Thank you in advance!

Deleted
    Al akir got nerfed hard kill him

or councils if you are 10men

Deleted
    Yes we are a 10m raid. How was Al'akir changed exactly and when?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbomite View Post
    Yes we are a 10m raid. How was Al'akir changed exactly and when?
    I believe the ice patches we're nerfed hardcore

We got Nef down tonight after 188 pulls, and are working on Al'Akir next, and if u have 2 pallys then Conclave is also do-able.

Nef is pretty easy. Cho'gall is a huge joke.

Conclave is a pretty big PITA, so its difficulty level varies depending on your group's makeup and skillset.

Al'Akir is probably still the hardest boss. The "nerf" that 4.1 brought wasn't actually a nerf, but it was a fix to the ice patch damage.

Apparently AC is easier than Sinestra in 10 man, but they're still probably one of the last fights to do given the nature of the encounter and the lack of good rewards (titles, loot, achievements).

I hear a lot of people saying Cho'gall H is a joke, the stuff I've read on him says that:
    His beckons spawn an add that must be killed to remove his buff
    He spawns two big adds each time instead of the normal one so bloods come out in 10/20/30/40
    He spawns Crusher Tentacle type stuff in p2 that melee really hard

Frankly, that doesn't sound that friendly, particularly on 10 man. Can anyone provide any insight because I am seeing the two adds part and thinking "we don't have enough interrupts for 2 depravity casts every 15 seconds" and if they have the same health on heroic as normal "that's a lot of dps to do before the fester blood"

Any tips for this?
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

Any tips for this?
    Yes, there is only 1 add.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokty View Post
    Yes, there is only 1 add.
    I could kiss you, that makes me feel so much better. Hell, we may even play with heroic Cho'gall on Monday. How steep is his DPS requirement? Do we wanna 2 heal or bring back the third healer for heroic? Lately we've been 2 healing and pushing him to phase 2 just as the third add is spawning.
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."

2 healing Heroic Cho'gall and Sinestra are both recommended.

I think we were able to push Cho'gall faster than you guys can on normal and we snugly met his DPS check in Heroic with 2 healers. He was at about 30% when the 4th wave of Bloods died, but he was just starting a Shadow's Orders, so to avoid raid damage, we actually held off DPS for a bit.

The slight break in DPS allowed Cho'gall to summon his 5th add at 26%. This is arguably quite a bit ahead of the actual DPS check, which is to beat out his 5th Fester Blood cast. We saved Lust until the first set of tentacles were killed and burned him to about 10% before the second set spawned. We killed him just as his 3rd set spawned.

The only real differences in the fight are the Crushers (just don't stand in range of them, they hit for like 50-60k or something) and the elementals he spawns for each "stance" (they have 200k and 250k HP). Everything else is just ramped up a lot, like his HP, which is 53.25m. Keep in mind at 2.5% he will slouch to the middle of the room and an hero, but you can still wipe to his aura/eye beams at this point, so just pop a Bubble/Ice Block to ensure victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotron View Post
    Keep in mind at 2.5% he will slouch to the middle of the room and an hero, but you can still wipe to his aura/eye beams at this point, so just pop a Bubble/Ice Block to ensure victory.
    So is he like Archimonde/LK where once he reaches 2.5% he's basically dead except you can still die if you don't outlast the RP?

Quote Originally Posted by Druidjezus View Post
    I could kiss you, that makes me feel so much better. Hell, we may even play with heroic Cho'gall on Monday. How steep is his DPS requirement? Do we wanna 2 heal or bring back the third healer for heroic? Lately we've been 2 healing and pushing him to phase 2 just as the third add is spawning.
    2 healers.
    6 dps doing around 20k each.

It requires fairly crisp play by everyone, but there isn't much added that you haven't already seen on normal. A good video to study is this one by Bizzno http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o3uypGhACU. Keep in mind that you can no longer spell reflect your way through the fire lord dmg.
    Last edited by Pokty; 2011-05-20 at 10:59 PM.