Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisko View Post
    You make your judgment about classes and specs based on your weekly BH pug? That's totally relevant.

That's how current Patchwerk-style dps looks like:
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Chimaeron...14/30/default/

Yes, Arcane beats Fire, obviously. But Fire beats Ret. And Balance beats Ret. And Shadow priests beats Ret.

Every raiding spec in the game beats Ret except Feral, Enhance and Unholy.
    You're comparing Chimaeron and calling it relevant? FYI Chimaeron is not patchwerk style DPS, Hell the closest patchwerk style DPS would be Alakir.
    Last edited by Requital; 2011-05-22 at 07:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    You're comparing Chimaeron and calling it relevant? FYI Chimaeron is not patchwerk style DPS, Hell the closest patchwerk style DPS would be Alakir.
    Chimaeron is as close to Patchwerk as you can get in the current tier for all classes. Try again.

Hint: Patchwerk is when everyone stands still and dps the boss, if you forgot the Naxx/WoTLK I can remind you.

Alakir is awful fight for most ranged classes, because of the amount of movement. It's a good fight for melee, no question, but it's not a Patchwerk, very far from it.

Chimeron sadly, is not patchwerk because of the nice little hit chance reduction applied to random people. With RNG, you can be screwed over on that fight (I got hit by every single slime bomb for the first 2 minutes of that fight once, needless to say my dps was horrible). Al'Akir is better because of the minimal movement (tornado walls are minimal with some preparation, same with Wind Burst), but it is kind of neutralized because of the +damage bonus in P2. The only almost 100% patchwerk style fight I can think of this tier besides Loladin Hold is normal V&T, minimal movement if you are the stacking point.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

I like how when looking at all compared to top 100 Rets are almost dead last.

Quote Originally Posted by t3hj0j0 View Post
    Chimeron sadly, is not patchwerk because of the nice little hit chance reduction applied to random people. With RNG, you can be screwed over on that fight (I got hit by every single slime bomb for the first 2 minutes of that fight once, needless to say my dps was horrible). Al'Akir is better because of the minimal movement (tornado walls are minimal with some preparation, same with Wind Burst), but it is kind of neutralized because of the +damage bonus in P2. The only almost 100% patchwerk style fight I can think of this tier besides Loladin Hold is normal V&T, minimal movement if you are the stacking point.
    Suggesting Alakir, you completely forget about ranged classes and how sad this fight is for them.

If you want some fight to be used as measuring stick for all dps specs, you need to pick the fight which is reasonably fair for both melee and ranged.

If you just want to prove that there is a single fight at current tier where you have a chance against MM hunter ... yeah go with Alakir. But to call it Patchwerk ...

I could have phrased

Al'Akir is better
    better. I mean that Al'akir, while better than chimeron as an example of a patchwerk style fight, both are still quite terrible. Nothing this tier... or most likely any tier soon will be a true patchwerk style fight, because I believe blizz is trying to move away from true gear check bosses.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.