Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lazy Prospecting/DE: Device to press keyboard

Wow, what a lazy bastard, but it would be nice to walk away and eat some cereal while my macro key for prospecting is hit.

I was thinking about going to a hobby shop and making a fun project out of it. Any simple ideas to have a key pressed every 2, 3 or 4 seconds?

One of those bird weight things what rock back and forth.. Think The Simpsons. :P

You could just a G# keyboard and macro it, not quite sure whether that's "acceptable", though.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-05-20 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Typo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a software.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2011-05-20 at 08:53 PM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

at the bird weight, lol yea something like haha, or a mechanical santa claus, just take the candle out of his hand! hehe

just read the forum TOS, i shouldnt have posted this here, sorry mods

Definite blessings of having a Mac. Automator ftw simulates me pressing the keybind assigned to my prospect / de macro every few seconds (after I've had it record me doing so). Easiest way I know to prospect the 200+ stacks of elementium ore I buy

Quote Originally Posted by quietstrm07 View Post
    Definite blessings of having a Mac. Automator ftw simulates me pressing the keybind assigned to my prospect / de macro every few seconds (after I've had it record me doing so). Easiest way I know to prospect the 200+ stacks of elementium ore I buy
    but cant blizzard know if they key was actually pressed -vs- a script? did they just focus on the way PC's work to detect that, or not at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Get a software.
    bannable offense

get a logitech g-series and macro it

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    bannable offense

which is software, rofl

same thing, one keypress = one action... is g-series not detectable?

the question here is what can blizzard track to find out if you are running software or actually pressing a key?

Quote Originally Posted by ripcurlksm View Post
    but cant blizzard know if they key was actually pressed -vs- a script? did they just focus on the way PC's work to detect that, or not at all?
    That I'm actually not 100% sure. I just know that the program itself replicates whatever action I've performed and recorded, such as clicking, etc. Still hafta refine it some for my DE work since my macro works to DE whatever I have in my backpack and I don't feel like opening the mail then hitting the other button to start the workflow

Deleted
    Make a Blizz forum post and see what you get?

its against the tos... theres been several blue posts about g15 macros over the years. not like they give a shit about it though. have fun

im lazy as shit and not going to find it + there probably hasnt been a blue post about it since the old forums got deleted but they pretty much said;

g15 macros are fine as long as you can do the exact same thing with the in game macro interface

Quote Originally Posted by greenn View Post
    g15 macros are fine as long as you can do the exact same thing with the in game macro interface
    so i can program it to hit my macro key randomly between 3 and 5 seconds to /cast Prospect /use Elementium Ore?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go with the bird weight. One, it's fucking hilarious to imagine WoW being played by a bird weight, two, it's fully within the TOS to use as it follows the one keypress = one action rule.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    No one's gonna know, ya know.
    bannable offense

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    No one's gonna know, ya know.
    'Cept for the Warden program which catches that sorta thing all the time.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post

Warden won't catch a programmable peripheral. At least not in its current state.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    There was once a mass culling of keyboard macro users... It did not go over well as most of them were still following the one press = one action 'rule'. A lot of shit got stirred over that, and now keyboard softwares aren't as easily detected, especially when the software is in the keyboard itself, and not a background program. Also, since there are specific keyboards with macro keys that are 'WoWized', I really don't think it'd be a priority that Blizzard bans on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Knirps View Post
    There was once a mass culling of keyboard macro users... It did not go over well as most of them were still following the one press = one action 'rule'. A lot of shit got stirred over that, and now keyboard softwares aren't as easily detected, especially when the software is in the keyboard itself, and not a background program. Also, since there are specific keyboards with macro keys that are 'WoWized', I really don't think it'd be a priority that Blizzard bans on.
    i doubt the micromanagement is that high on the servers i mean hell they cant stop gold farmers from spamming.

Deleted

Thumbs up

get a random mouse clicker, set it to 1 click / 2sec, afk
    np