Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

H Conclave Adds kiter

Our guild just did 1st attempt on H Conclave last week and it didnt go quite well,at least from my PoV as a Frost DK Kiter.I've done Magmaw kiting and its not an issue for me,but it seems that Conclave adds moves alot faster and does AoE dmg that REALLY2 HURTS!Any tips from those adds kiter out there?Coz we gonna try it again next week and i dont wanna fail them again ;( Im already specced Chillblains with 2Handers so im using UP for speed movement btw.

He're some tips that may help you alongside with video guides.
    As you could notice, flowers don't spawn at the same time. So I usually pick 2-4 and start kiting while rogue and hunter MD the rest to me.
    I drop my DnD to the spot where 2 or more adds are going to spawn (you can see little shiny bubbles there).
    Don't be afraid to tank 1-2 flowers' melee when you're gathering the others. Just make sure you're enough far away from them when the spores go out.
    It's okay to stand near the edge of the platform when the adds spawn. It will give you some extra space to run.
    Don't forget use the allmighty Runic Empowerment. When I kite, I have 3 keybinds for my Death Coil.
    When you learn how to gather the first pack, the only thing you should learn is how to gather the second. The DBM timer is kinda slow, so when the timer "next-add-spawn" (sry, don't remember the ability name), you should be at about 12 yd from Anshal. Wait a couple of seconds when the green swirls appear and then Hungering Cold the adds. And then repeat what you've done at the first add wave: drop DnD, HB some flowers and run. Don't forget to HB previous adds.
    When we first attempted Conclave, I had a frost mage, two rogues. hunter and a holy priest to assist me. Now only two guys with MD and a priest help me. Hpriest isn't vital, though. I just feel safe when he stands behind me and is ready to life grip me if I fail.

Good luck!

About the AoE that hurts to bad, there's a timer for it called Toxic Spores. Be careful not to be anywhere close to them then. It's also easiest for you if people group up on the tank just when the adds are spawning, but I assume you're doing that. A holy priest to help you out would probably be the best aswell due to Body And Soul and Leap of Faith. We had a hunter to MD and a mage to pop Ring of Frost to help our kiter out (who every now and then fell off the edge, DON'T DO THAT ).
    It's a fun fight when all the stars align! Best of luck
    Last edited by Litoru; 2011-05-21 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Additional info

If you have DK tank it is mush easier to aoe adds right from the start =)

Spec frost for the kiting (obviously). Make sure you have chillbains (obviously).
    You want to be spell hit capped (17%) for hunger cold. Glyph it too.

With the new (ish) changes to frost and the way blood runes work it certainly isnt too bad.

Now the way every guild does it is pretty different. We orginally tried Frostdk/Frost mage. Didnt work too well.

So how I do it is;

Get a rogue on nature platform with fan of knives glyph (kinda makes it easier for him). Crippling posison can help too.

Get the rogue to Tricks of the trade you the adds when they spawn up.

As the adds are spawning the boss is casting the spell "Nuture", make sure you take note of where the drops of water land (animation) and the where the flowers pop up on the ground, this is where the adds will spawn. Place Death and decay around the largest clump flowers on the floor.

So as i said get the rogue to ToT you the adds, Hungering cold adds as they come up/as they group up. You need to hit the adds at least once before the ToT threat (tricks of the trade) wares off, thats not much of a problem.

From when all the flowers have jumped up you have like 3 seconds until they cast Toxic spore. You need to be I think its 10+ yards away from them by that point, if you are too close the toxic spores will simply kill you. You can however AMS and not receive any applications of the buff, or take any damage so keep that in mind and keep it ready to use if you are too close to them.

After the first toxic spore they will then do a second toxic spore some 6-7-8- or so seconds later (timer on big wigs as well for this spell btw), same deal make sure they are slowed/not near you.

After thats its pretty simple, thats the only danger point is at the start when they are over the place and toxic sporing. Just keep spamming howling blast on them, kite around the circle. The part i see most people failing on is, moving far far far far too fast. Dont run too fast, you dont want them crossing over the middle of the platform (the mobs will take the quickest path to you so if your a full 180 degrees further around the platform they will just simply walk through the middle).

So keep them at a safe distance of like 10-15 yards away, move slow. Keep to the edge of the circle as much as you can, keep the adds away from the middle. You generally do not want the green healing thingy being near the middle, or the boss can heal a bunch when he goes to do his ultimate. A little tip for keeping the adds as far away from the inner circle as possible is, getting super close to the side of the ledge and tapping you're forward key repetedly (stagger walking). I guess it just sends more client update requests to the server, the adds seem to respond to you more any ways and keep further towards the ledge.

So you just keep pretty much moving around in a circle, snaring them, keeping them out of the middle of the platform as much as possible.

The danger period comes when he re-casts Nuture (typically you will get 3-4 add waves I guess, maybe a 5th if low dps).

When he just starts casting nuture i try to make sure i'm as far away from the boss (thus the adds are too) as possible. Have you rogue come over and ToT you and move back ready to ToT you the adds.

Now this is where hungering cold comes in, go towards the adds a bit, hungering cold them (make sure you dont go into melee range, after 2 waves of adds you will just get one shot). When they are frozen, run directly to the boss, place a DnD where the most flowers on the floor are.

in 1-2 seconds time the Hungering cold will wear off, go over and re-snare them with howling blast (important, super important).

As the adds come up, start howling blast the hell of out of them, and start kiting again.

Rinse-repete 3-4-5 times and its a gg. Its actually really simple with the rogue ToTing and is just a matter of 3-4 attempts to get the "hang of it".

Just remember: Never go super close to the the adds, unless you are hungering colding them. They do melee quite hard, and the spore will kill you so quickly. If you do get any spores on you, AMS if u can. IBF, health stone. Everything.

You can take some melee hits from new adds spawning in, 1-2-3 adds wont kill you. But 2 waves++ will kill you if you go into their melee range.

Make sure they are either all slowed by crippling or chillbains 100% of the time, thats the most important part.

---------- Post added 2011-05-21 at 08:48 PM ----------

ow and all adds will toxic spore, when the new ones come up. Its always 3 ish seconds after the new adds all spawn, then again 7-8-9- ish seconds after the first. Make sure you are not near them.

Get the rogue to help with crippling poison a lot when you are learning it (He can CloS the toxic spore if needed btw). Until you are comfortable with it, just get the rogue to baby sit you i would suggest.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you so much for the info guys,now i have some general idea on how to do it.. i'll get the hang of it on few attempts(hopefully) ;p