Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warlocks: Every 2 major patches...your rotation changes...

How do you all get used to this? This would really piss me off if my dps priority changes this often. Your mechanics, cooldowns, and pet's genders change frequently too.

I just don't get how you locks do this.

/shrug

I'm one of the few people in my raid that can play any of the 3 specs at top level, being a warlock kind of forces you to do that.

It's called: Adapting.

Just adapt to a new playstyle.. and rotation/priority/we won't change much anyway..
    It's just changing the demons you are using ? :S that's not significant at all..

Goodness, that's pretty awful.

Warriors say hello!! We have had out Stat priority change 3 times this expac.

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

Once you get 7-10 classes to 85, nothing phases you anymore.

At least that's what works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Andelormon View Post
    Warriors say hello!! We have had out Stat priority change 3 times this expac.
    Org stat priority ?
    You must've had a hard time ://
    Changing gems/reforging, and be #1 again ? :'C

Quote Originally Posted by FredMaHead View Post
    It's called: Adapting.

Just adapt to a new playstyle.. and rotation/priority/we won't change much anyway..
    It's just changing the demons you are using ? :S that's not significant at all..
    The dot change from wrath to cata was a complete change in philosophy, what used to be the worst thing you could do was now ideal.

Beyond switching around what specs to play, nothing has really changed since then though

Org stat priority ?
    You must've had a hard time ://
    Changing gems/reforging, and be #1 again ? :'C
    You mean change to be the middle of the DPS pack again? Locks are above us on DPs atm =P

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Andelormon View Post
    You mean change to be the middle of the DPS pack again? Locks are above us on DPs atm =P
    Sounds like L2P issues..
    and blizzard did favouritise casters this content.. talking about the encounters.

Mild changes to your DPS rotation every eight months to a year? UNACCEPTABLE, HEADING TO FORUMS.

I'd like my game to change constantly, less stale and I can blame my short comings on my inability to face smash my macro keyboard to victory

Deleted
    Sounds like L2P issues..
    and blizzard did favouritise casters this content.. talking about the encounters.
    Hardly. The problem is too many people roll a melee class and pretend to be surprised when they're thrust into the thick of things. Many fights are movement intensive, and just because ranged aren't taking as much damage...it doesn't mean we're not running around too. At least most melee attacks are instant!
    Last edited by mmoc43944ad0e7; 2011-05-21 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    /shrug

I'm one of the few people in my raid that can play any of the 3 specs at top level, being a warlock kind of forces you to do that.
    3 x dps trees is quite a difference from 2 dps / tank or dps / tank / healer trees for a single class. Might want to keep that in mind. It's a completely different role and play style combo for 5 out of the 10 classes out there.

That being said, I do respect those who manage to master 2 different rotations for dps till perfection, let alone 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Auralan View Post
    3 x dps trees is quite a difference from 2 dps / tank or dps / tank / healer trees for a single class. Might want to keep that in mind. It's a completely different role and play style combo for 5 out of the 10 classes out there.

That being said, I do respect those who manage to master 2 different rotations for dps till perfection, let alone 3.
    Oh I know, it's a whole 'nother story switching from healing to dps for example and staying competitive with the guy who doesn't heal and just dpses

But the other dps classes do have it easier

Deleted
    yeah, i can pretty much pull decent dps out of the bag in any spec

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't know how other people feel about it, but i personally love changing my spec and that specs rotation every few patches. The fact warlocks got so many options (and not to forget 3 raid viable dps specs) enables me to keep playing the same class for a few years.

I dont mind and keeps stuff fresh, even tho I would prefer all 3 specs viable, they never been this close imo demo just needs a little nudge.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am just thankful that we don't have arcane as our top DPS spec every once and while...that shit would piss me off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll trade you, warlocks. I've had the same rotation since Vanilla as a combat rogue, +/- Revealing Strike at times.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.