10+ Year Old Account

Great Gaming Laptop

Hey, I'm looking for an excellent gaming laptop that will handle WoW, Rift, GW2, and maybe TOR or LotRO on all utras no lag can anyone point me in the right direction? I need something with a screen bigger than 14' (Ideally 16 or 17) I am willing to spend up to $1500.

Here are my current specs:
    OPERATING SYSTEM:
    Windows 2.6.0.6001 (Service Pack 1)
    CPU TYPE:
    AMD Turion Dual-Core RM-72
    CPU SPEED (GHZ):
    SYSTEM MEMORY (GB):
    VIDEO CARD MODEL:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G
    VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
    nvd3dum.dll
    DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
    1024x768
    HARD DISK SIZE (GB):
    HARD DISK FREE SPACE (GB):

They run WoW on all very lows, at 25-30 fps in world 15 in dungeons 5-10 in city. I would like to get 50+ fps on all ultra.
    "Making brownies is more manly than Jesus." -Caleb Guzmen

Guide to Great Weight Loss and Muscle Growth. Completely free and written by yours truely.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post11680619

Have a look around for the MSI GX660R. There's a couple with bigger screens in the range too.

Specs on mine:
    CPU Intel Core™ i5-460M 2.53GHz Processor
    OS Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
    Chipset Intel PM55
    Memory 6GB DDR3 1066 MHz
    LCD Size 15.6" FHD 1920*1080 TFT-LCD Display (LED Backlight)
    Graphics ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5870M
    Graphics VRAM GDDR5 1GB
    HDD 2x500GB in RAID 0 SATA
    Optical Drive Super-Multi DVDRW
    Audio 2 Theater Class Speakers +1 Subwoofer

Was around £850 in the UK so that should easilly weight in under $1500 USD.

There's plenty of other laptops around with similar specs at the moment though.
    Get an i5. I3's are ok but a tiny bit slow for the price (a faster i5 isn't much more) and i7's run a little hot for laptops (and overheating laptops are a little common and a bit of a pain).

Get a decent amount of ram 6 or 8GB is fine.

Get a GOOD graphics card. This should be the 1 piece you go out of your way to get better. It's usually the hardest part to replace if it's even possible. Check here for mobile graphics card's ranked in order:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-...ist.844.0.html

While the card in that spec is listed as #33 the one's above it start pushing the price up VERY fast and include some SLI etc varients that will produce more heat, take more power and not be usable in everything (wow for example isn't SLI/Crossfire aware). Most "gaming laptops" offered for "cheapish" prices will be based on lower cards also.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2011-05-21 at 04:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

it's possible to purchase a laptop capable of running current WoW on Ultra, however it's not going to be under $750USD, unless it's on sale or marked down from a previous price. As far as fps, you won't see averages of 50+, but most likely 40+. That shouldn't be hard to find since almost all current gen can play WoW at a max resolution of 1600 x 900.

Just do some searching around and you'll find them.

The Dell mx series is a good start.

I'm not big on gaming laptops, since I build desktops and am used to playing wow on Ultra with 60+ FPS at 1080p on a 23 inch LED screen. But, I too would be soon looking for a laptop that can at least give me a decent performance for when I'm traveling.
    Last edited by Train Heartnet; 2011-05-21 at 04:47 AM.

Well, I have the above MSI. I copy my wow install from desktop to notebook so I get all my UI settings etc preserved it also keeps all the video settings. In this case everything at max (using the UI, no config file tweaks).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tomorrow I'm ordering a Sager NP8170-S1

2.2 Ghz 2nd gen i7 CPU

6970M graphics card

17.3" screen 1080p

gonna cost me 1900 bucks but it'll max pretty much everying. It even got 20 fps on crysis/crysis 2 benchmarks, even though I don't play those

ordering from http://xoticpc.com check em' out, you can customize laptops.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Coon...
    2.2Ghz is kind of slow for how much your paying I was expecting at least 2.5 or 3, Personally if your going to sink that much money into a system then I might as well get a desktop. (granted pc's aren't always an option due to space)

Stood in the Fire StendhalSyndrom's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Un-United States, In the newest of Yorks, on the Isle of Long, roaming the Eastern Meadows.
    Look at the Asus Republic of Gamers series I have a 10 month old g7model and I can still max out WoW easily with tons of stuff in the back all while staying @ 40+fps in a busy 10man and under 100ms this is just around your price range, may be a tad over w/ tax
    http://www.amazon.com/G73SW-XA1-Repu.../dp/B004LRO9AK<~~~$1,399
    Just found this too, as you got me looking for something new for my wife
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834157639 <~~~~$949 ($899 w/ rebate) decent setup for a low price
    Last edited by StendhalSyndrom; 2011-05-21 at 05:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    "Oh yeah?" said Rhonin. "Well, I've got Reginald Whipplebottom the Fourth, here." As he said this, he brandished his right fist. "And I've got Agamemnon W. Jackson, as well," he said, indicating his left fist. "And they brought their buddy, Peter T. Thickness, the Piston of Devastation." As he said this, he did a pelvic thrust, in case it wasn't clear that he was talking about his penis.

10+ Year Old Account
    All you're concerned about is the gaming capabilities, correct? You don't mind being tied down by a power cord do you?