Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    That's a very vague rule there. Technically, depending on the definition of "action" we can interpret a macro that uses a trinket with an ability to be "botting".

Incidently, there's also no distinction made on whether or not the actions referred to are unique actions or not. That is, if you read it one way, it could be talking about using multiple unique actions with one stroke. Another way, using the same ability twice with one stroke could be considered using two actions with one stroke (they are both actions, are they not?)
    umm let me go over this again, as it seems you didnt bother to read any posts above...
    i can cast "steady shot" 100 times by spamming my keybind 100 times, right? OR i can use the g13 function to have it repeat the keystroke 100 times while i hold my key down instead of spamming. ultimately i get same results (casting steady shot 100 times in a row might be dumb, but is perfectly legal) but one method is far less comfortable

---------- Post added 2011-05-21 at 12:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flidro View Post
    Sorry; I could've gone into more detail.

Open a Notepad after downloading AutoHotKey. Copy and Paste starting at #ifWinActive and the last }return} into a Notepad and click Save As..., Name it with the .ahk at the end.

After that, drag the icon to your desktop and double click it and give it a shot in Wow.

**PLEASE NOTE** This WILL affect your password if it has 1-7 in it!
    ok tyvm you have been very helpful
    EDIT: OMFG i just tried it in game!!!! THANK YOU this is perfect, exactly what i needed :hug: i have been looking for this for so long! quick question. how can i make it do same thing for keys "e" and "q"
    edit2: nvm figured out e and q on my own

ty again
    Last edited by Almighty1; 2011-05-21 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazdran View Post
    That's against the rules. It's 1 action for 1 keypress.
    You can make ingame macros that do more than 1 action with 1 keypress.

I understand perfectly what you're saying, and I personally have no problem with it. But the line "the use of automation, where a single keystroke will perform multiple actions, may be considered a form of botting and could result in account action" leaves some opening for interpretation.

That is, does "multiple actions" mean unique skills, or can it be referring to the same skill repeatedly? Honestly, it wouldn't make a difference, but sometimes Blizzard can be a real stickler about rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    I understand perfectly what you're saying, and I personally have no problem with it. But the line "the use of automation, where a single keystroke will perform multiple actions, may be considered a form of botting and could result in account action" leaves some opening for interpretation.

That is, does "multiple actions" mean unique skills, or can it be referring to the same skill repeatedly? Honestly, it wouldn't make a difference, but sometimes Blizzard can be a real stickler about rules.
    single key performing multiple actions =/= single key performing single action multiple times. while the first can get you banned the second is 100% allowable and doesnt violate the tos

They must have changed their stance on it recently then.
    I don't think they count 'multiple actions' as one key casting the same spell. It's a single action just over and over. Not multiple different actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle8 View Post
    I don't think they count 'multiple actions' as one key casting the same spell. It's a single action just over and over. Not multiple different actions.
    yup exactly. you can accomplish same result by simply spamming the key but this way is just a bit more convenient

I used to have a Sidewinder x6 that did the same thing. Just hit a button and it did my openeing rotation and kept my dots up for me in a fight. But I broke it when I hit the dog over the head with it after it tried to bite me when I punched my girlfriend for throwin my bag of pot in the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by Faded Design View Post
    I used to have a Sidewinder x6 that did the same thing. Just hit a button and it did my openeing rotation and kept my dots up for me in a fight. But I broke it when I hit the dog over the head with it after it tried to bite me when I punched my girlfriend for throwin my bag of pot in the toilet.
    you sound like a real winner... and what you just said about it doing your opening rotation for you is illegal...

may be considered a form of botting and could result in account action
    i dont think most people realize how lax blizzard is when it comes to botting or petty things like keystroke repeaters

Quote Originally Posted by greenn View Post
    i dont think most people realize how lax blizzard is when it comes to botting or petty things like keystroke repeaters
    i dont think you realize the difference between botting and what is being discussed here. if you want to criticize blizzard policies or guidelines for dealing with bots then find an appropriate thread to do it in. this is not the thread you are looking for.

Dipping Bird Macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty1 View Post
    i dont think you realize the difference between botting and what is being discussed here. if you want to criticize blizzard policies or guidelines for dealing with bots then find an appropriate thread to do it in. this is not the thread you are looking for.
    and im saying who gives a shit about the legality of what people are doing with keystroke repeaters b/c blizzard is never going to ban you for it even if it what they are doing with it is against the tos
    Last edited by greenn; 2011-05-21 at 09:05 AM. Reason: fuckin typos

Quote Originally Posted by FearXI View Post
    Gotta be careful with things like that.
    It pushes the line of a bot.

But as far as I know there isn't since, like I said, pushes the line.
    It actually doesn't, at all.

I recently had a discussion with a GM about this. I just wanted to use my G15 software to loop ONE key so it would automatically prospect my whole inventory full of eternium ore without me pressing the same key over and over again.

The GM specifically said that this is NOT allowed. 1 keypress - only one single action.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    I recently had a discussion with a GM about this. I just wanted to use my G15 software to loop ONE key so it would automatically prospect my whole inventory full of eternium ore without me pressing the same key over and over again.

The GM specifically said that this is NOT allowed. 1 keypress - only one single action.
    ^^

if you cant do it with the in game macro interface its not allowed with a g15 or anything else

There is a difference here between what everyone is talking about. This not a single keystroke. It is a single key depression.
    The OP is not botting because he has to physically be at his keyboard, utilizing the key in question to achieve his goal. He's not pressing a key, and walking away, letting a 3rd party program work magic for him. He has to continue to hold the key down to make it work.

This kind of action is sanctioned by Blizzard, as recognized by their general acceptance of outside sources (such as G13 peripherals).
    Their issue stems from programs and peripherals that accomplish these actions where the user sets something up and is capable of having the program continue without any human interaction.
    Since he has to continue to be at the computer (and thus, there is a requirement of human interaction to make this function) this is not an issue of botting.

Quote Originally Posted by TimesOrphan View Post
    There is a difference here between what everyone is talking about. This not a single keystroke. It is a single key depression.
    The OP is not botting because he has to physically be at his keyboard, utilizing the key in question to achieve his goal. He's not pressing a key, and walking away, letting a 3rd party program work magic for him. He has to continue to hold the key down to make it work.

This kind of action is sanctioned by Blizzard, as recognized by their general acceptance of outside sources (such as G13 peripherals).
    Their issue stems from programs and peripherals that accomplish these actions where the user sets something up and is capable of having the program continue without any human interaction.
    Since he has to continue to be at the computer (and thus, there is a requirement of human interaction to make this function) this is not an issue of botting.
    Nope, I asked the GM about that as well. Holding down the key makes no difference, it is still not allowed to repeat a key.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty1 View Post
    basically if i were to macro steady shot, chimera, shot aimed shot, serpent sting together and set it to repeatable keybind allowing me to cast all that constantly by simply holding one button then that would be illegal. if i only have to to cast my steady shot back to back to back to back it is perfectly fine. believe me i did a crap-load of research on the legality of this function. the g13 keyboard lets you do that and is perfectly sanctioned and even RECOMMENDED by blizzard
    You are incorrect in your assumption sir, please read the Terms of Use and relevant threads on the official forums.

Automation in any significant manner is classified as botting by blizzard, so setting up your G13 to press "Speacebar" (jump) every 30 seconds wile the button is "HELD down" to prevent your self from going AFK if classified as "botting" and I know someone that was banned for just that. How is that any different then seeing up a macro that when you Press it you cast X spell contentiously?

Sure the likely hood of someone catching you isn't large but at the same time if your going to use it on Steady Shot your just a BAD player since every SPEC of hunter never casts more then 2 or 3 Steady/Cobra shots in a row.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's against the rules. It's 1 action for 1 keypress.
    Well the keyboard macros actually can work in a way that they repeat themselves hundreds of times with a single keypress....

You could for example (tip for Crittergeddon achievers) make a macro for G11 (or G13 whatever) that does:
    /tar Deeprun Rat
    /cast cheapest spell

And copy paste that in the macro the number of times you want it to happen.... The it's one simple keypress that is not violating the rules.

Then again, just putting those 2 rules in a macro and keeping the keybound key pressed should also work fine... although against the rules... detection is improbable, since Blizz won't be able to make out the difference there.

Anyway, have fun in Deeprun Tram, best spot for Crittergeddon with the insane respawn rates of the rats.
    Last edited by velde046; 2011-05-21 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iosif View Post
    You are incorrect in your assumption sir, please read the Terms of Use and relevant threads on the official forums.

Automation in any significant manner is classified as botting by blizzard, so setting up your G13 to press "Speacebar" (jump) every 30 seconds wile the button is "HELD down" to prevent your self from going AFK if classified as "botting" and I know someone that was banned for just that. How is that any different then seeing up a macro that when you Press it you cast X spell contentiously?

Sure the likely hood of someone catching you isn't large but at the same time if your going to use it on Steady Shot your just a BAD player since every SPEC of hunter never casts more then 2 or 3 Steady/Cobra shots in a row.
    at what point did you assume i would be using more then 2 or 3 SS in a row? lol please GTFO of my thread troll