Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pissed666 View Post
    Hello guys and ladies, I looked all over the blizz sites for the info but i cant seem to find the answer im looking for >.>

bassically If you get a 3 hour ban in wow, and lets say .. 1 month later u break a blizz rule again -_- , does that mean you go up the ladder to a 24 hour ban ? is there some time limit as to when the whole ban volcano resets ? Hope that makes sense.

btw the violation would be something along the lines of .. bad language , or racial remarks for example.

thanks for ure time
    The volcano never resets. You'll always have any actions taken against you displayed in your account history for a GM to see. And if it's the same rule you keep breaking you normally go up the volcano a little faster. Blizzard doesn't really like repeat offenders. you aren't guaranteed or promised a 24-hour ban next, you could jump straight to a 3-day or even 7-day with a final notice. So your best bet if you wanna remain in game is to just follow the ToU.

---------- Post added 2011-05-21 at 05:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    That's an old one, the new one is:

I've gotten a warning 7 times on my first account and no ban, and so far on my second account I've gotten 4 warnings and no ban.

Cussing, trolling, rerolling and harassing people for being douchebags in instances by spamming them... But not a real ban, yet! Suck it, volcano.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just curious then to why you are on your 2nd wow account? If you've never been banned wouldn't you still only have the first?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    i got suspended for getting hacked.. pretty retarded actually
    They only suspend your account so that the hackers wont have acess to your account while they investigate, be happy they do it.
    Last edited by Exera; 2011-05-21 at 10:24 AM.

Deleted
    I've gotten banned many times for " Foul Language ". But it seems I'm not climbing the volcano, they have all been 3 hours.

If you are foul mouthed but the receiver really deserves it, will blizz see that and cut some slack?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm looking at those pictures I don't like it one bit. They've gone from a perfectly innocent Trapezoid scheme into one of them there shady pyramid schemes. It's all a ploy! *Tinfoil hats*
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    If you are foul mouthed but the receiver really deserves it, will blizz see that and cut some slack?
    No, how would some deserve being cussed at in a game? I think all of you need to step back and remember that this is just a game. Most players use it to relief stress from the normal daily grind IRL. Not everyone plays to be the best.

Depends on how serious your violation is. If it's something like a trade chat abuse then it goes up the ladder but if it's something like using 3rd party software or exploiting you can get permabanned for the first time you got caught.

GM's seem rather inconsistant with handing out bans. Sometimes they do nothing, sometimes they come down like a tonne of bricks over a minor offense.

Though I've never even been warned. I limit my anger to between friends and on ventrillo.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    You left out final warning on your graphic there mate.

I think it depends on what you do, and how close the offenses are together. I've gotten bans for all sorts of silly shit (on my end) when i first started playing. mostly trolling and "offensive" language. It got to the point I snapped on the GM that was telling me what was happening...The mature language filter is there for a reason, if the word asshole or shitbag bugs you, turn it on. If you make the decision to turn it off (it's on by default) you shouldn't be allowed to report someone for simply swearing. Insults are different, i understand that.

I might sound naive and silly, but I've never been banned or warned. Am I doing it wrong? If not, then you're doing it wrong.
    Don't be rude, don't exploit, don't flame, don't troll, don't bot. Keep all the rules and you will never have to worry about such things.
    Simples.

But seriously, if you have to worry about such things then it's time you change your behaviour/habits. Will be better for everyone in there, you included.

Deleted
    There is not actually a simple form of how does banning and such go, each case if treated with it's own requirements. Those volcanos sure give you some idea about how it might go. You can get dozens of warnings and it won´t go further or you can aswell get your account closed with out a single warning (happened to me because I was suspected of datamining using some softwares on my old account). We don´t know how long they keep the information about these cases but it is sure that they do reset because we have several cituations where someone has got two final warnings during the accounts lifetime.

But in following review of you case, I would say you can keep doing that quite long before you get your penalty worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    No they won't. Unless the receiver did the same perhaps, but as long as the receiver behaved in a decent manner and you are the one to be the foul mouth, you won't get any slack.

Quote Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
    You left out final warning on your graphic there mate.

I think it depends on what you do, and how close the offenses are together. I've gotten bans for all sorts of silly shit (on my end) when i first started playing. mostly trolling and "offensive" language. It got to the point I snapped on the GM that was telling me what was happening...The mature language filter is there for a reason, if the word asshole or shitbag bugs you, turn it on. If you make the decision to turn it off (it's on by default) you shouldn't be allowed to report someone for simply swearing. Insults are different, i understand that.
    I disagree. People naming their characters "An*lr*pe" really isn't mature or sensible even if it's not meant as an insult. I've never reported people in Trade chat - I either ignore it or put it in another chat window altogether, for which feature, believe me, I would pay a whole extra sub on its own - but I have reported quite a few offensive names and the mature language filter doesn't work then.

I would let my child play WoW, but I think adults keeping mature around them should be enforced properly, otherwise people will take advantage.

---------- Post added 2011-05-21 at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    No they won't. Unless the receiver did the same perhaps, but as long as the receiver behaved in a decent manner and you are the one to be the foul mouth, you won't get any slack.
    Besides, who's to say Blizz agrees that they deserve it? I've been chewed out in dungeons and PVP, all my own fault (except when it wasn't and I proved it wasn't by saving the idiot's ass for them), but I wouldn't like it if I reported the person for particularly bad language or going beyond what was necessary to get me to play better and they said "Oh, you deserved it, so they don't get warned". There are plenty of polite ways to tell someone they are not playing properly. Chewing them out so it's potentially actionable is not one of them.