Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    You misunderstood what I said. I'm not saying this will nerf frost mages, that'd be retarded, what I meant is hopefully mages will have been tuned down by Blizzard before the staff gets ingame, else they'll be even further out of control.
    Doubt it since they recently got buffed with last patch

if it really gona duplicate the same damage it will be really stupid since at the moment "3800 resilence" and i get hitted by Fmage Shatter for like 25k > 10k lance ? and the lance doesnt even crit so its like i will sit mostly on 30% ?

Deleted
    I think the staff will proc on "damaqge spells" since it got hit rating on it. So i think it won't be able to duplicate a poly for example.

Deleted
    "mage is all about control guys, our damage is shit we cannot nuek, we r onetrick pony oké"

Okay son, 25k FB 24k FB 18k lance 28k FFB. Such balance. Imagine if it copies the FFB, you're basicly dead. It's retarded. I don't know how they can fail to see this, but ah well. Wonder what the ICD on the staff proc will be, because if there isn't one, shatters are gona be retarded as ever. Fuck the staff affect on arcane mages or whatever, who cares about them, they can't cast in arena, but on a frost mage in, say, RMP when the rogue drops a bomb, if it procs on either of the shatter spells you're dead. No way around it.

Of course! All other legendaries and their effects have in the past! Well, minus the kara portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    "mage is all about control guys, our damage is shit we cannot nuek, we r onetrick pony oké"

Okay son, 25k FB 24k FB 18k lance 28k FFB. Such balance. Imagine if it copies the FFB, you're basicly dead. It's retarded. I don't know how they can fail to see this, but ah well. Wonder what the ICD on the staff proc will be, because if there isn't one, shatters are gona be retarded as ever. Fuck the staff affect on arcane mages or whatever, who cares about them, they can't cast in arena, but on a frost mage in, say, RMP when the rogue drops a bomb, if it procs on either of the shatter spells you're dead. No way around it.
    u jelly? for 1 time in WoW history mages can use legendary item and ur already crying a river about it have you ever thought how Mages were feeling when a warrior linked to them with his shadowmourne? huh?! have you!?.... I bet you didnt think what was the feeling getting ur hp down from 100% to 0% in 3-4 sec by a warrior.

Ur so arrogant and naive i see all ur posts are either about nerfing Mages or casters in general it seems ur some caster hater and anti-mage fanboy.

Frost Dk's do alot more dmg than us and have alot more utility but it seems u forgot about them? Yeah because ur melle class whining pony who cant accept the fact that for 1 time in his wow life he aint gonna do the biggest DPS out of all classes in the game but ima break the truth boy MAGES Deserve a LEGENDARY WEAPON so if u dont like it cancel ur subscription and have fun.

boomkin, arcane mage, sp. gso in less than 1 gcd

Quote Originally Posted by Hornyangel View Post
    u jelly? for 1 time in WoW history mages can use legendary item
    See, this is what happens when someons starts playing few months ago and starts talking like he/she played since launch of vanilla.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Atiesh,_Great...f_the_Guardian

It is a legendary staff that can be wielded by many classes aswell as mages.

I loved how you call people arrogant when you are the obelisk of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    Its gonna be fairly stupid, just like shadowmourne. Dont be surprised to see 2healer+mage teams, just like we did with shadowmourning warriors. At least its only for 1 season or so I guess.
    Double healer warrior wasn't good because of shadowmourne. Ofcourse shadowmourne made it better, but there were several high rated ones that didn't have any legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angy View Post
    See, this is what happens when someons starts playing few months ago and starts talking like he/she played since launch of vanilla.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Atiesh,_Great...f_the_Guardian

It is a legendary staff that can be wielded by many classes aswell as mages.

I loved how you call people arrogant when you are the obelisk of it.
    Mages can also wield thunderfury, this was introduced a couple of patches ago.

Don't bother replying to that guy, either, ever. As much as I'd love to reply to him myself, he's clearly troubled and whilst there's a moral principle involved with bashing that kind of people for the issues they have trouble dealing with, whichever they may be, it's hard to contain yourself, I know.

All I can say is enjoy the legendary staff you will never have, Hornyangel (I've refused to call you by name for a while now, due to how ridiculous it is/sounds, but... Was called for, at the time, apologies to whoever else is reading).
    Last edited by mmoc9b719c3609; 2011-05-21 at 11:45 AM.

I have the feeling, some people think that this procc will occure on every single cast.
    As the tooltip says it will duplicate the SPELL, so i bet it will be something like 1 CASTcopy (=/= dmgcopy) ever 30-45s (well, could be 15-30 aswell)
    The DMG for the copy can be critical, but as it's only a copy of the spell itself, it doesn't HAVE to be a crit, if the "initial" cast was a critical strike.

"+damage" part was the extra base damage. No legendary gave enough stats for a melee class to hit 2x more than what they would normally hit with the highest ilvl'ed(and highest base damage ofc) non-legendary weapon.

Just a simple example with absolutely no proper math involved: An arms warrior hits you for, say, 12k at level 80 with shadowmourne. That hit would be around 10k if that warrior had an ilvl 277 weapon-which is probably cryptmaker or t2 weapon- or around 10500 with 284 ilvl glorenzelg.

If the staff is duplicating the exact damage, the damage output will be 2x more than the normal output, not, say, 20% more.

The term "globalling" is very very lame tho. No class kills another in 1 or 2 global cooldown-s in equivalent gear.
    I`ve read again and again the proc on the staff and i fail to see where it says that it duplicates EVERY spell you cast. It is CHANCE to duplicate it. How this makes you every spell hit twice ?

The thing is, even though it will certainly not replicate every spell.
    In pvp you don't need that, it's enough to replicate that one or two spells while the healer is CCed during a shatter combo to bring someone down.
    The occasional double hit is good, but not the killer. It's those "lucky" procs during cc/silence/burstcombos that will bring people down.
    And exactly then such a proc is imba, imo.
    If you meet God, tell him to leave me alone.

Deleted
    I' assume it will be useable in arena as previous legendaries have been used in it

Deleted
    The term "globalling" is very very lame tho. No class kills another in 1 or 2 global cooldown-s in equivalent gear.
    As a side note, arcane mages *can* "kill" someone in 2 globals, someone with equivalent gear, and not under the effect of any pots/flasks. Was doing holy paladin/mage the other day on ATR to test how ridiculous the damage is with aura mastery/BoP and my mage literally 2 shot a warrior in a warrior/paladin setup. Yes, he had wings, yes, he had BoP, yes, I had the warrior stunned for no reflects and yes the paladin sitting in a RoF, but it happened. 2.2k ish rating aswell, so they weren't wearing PvE gear or some form of downs like you see on low ratings around TR. 72k arcane blast and 42k barrage. He was topped and the mage didn't even have a volcano/counterspell hit damage buff, just wings/AP/the on-use PvP trinket for spell damage increase/incanter's/4 arcane blast stacks and a nova. Yes, basicly the ideal setup, but it happened nontheless.

All I can say is enjoy the legendary staff you will never have, Hornyangel (I've refused to call you by name for a while now, due to how ridiculous it is/sounds, but... Was called for, at the time, apologies to whoever else is reading).
    Haha i will enjoy it bro because i got hardcore PVE friends who have couple characters with T11 25man heroics and they can carry me all day along and willing to do it just so i can get the STAFF and once i get it i will be facerolling the arenas like a boss for once in my life which wont be that bad right?

Whats ur problem with my name? To you it might sound ridicilious or whatever but to others its not just accept it and start call me by it.

As for the Legendary weapons i havent played from vanilla and i really dont care about vanilla that much since its past the real matter is if Mages were able to use OP legendary weapons it was very very long time ago and it is forgotten and irelivent today just like the patch notes. We get buffed and get nerfed in the most important time of the season therefore Blizz screwing with our class at the most important times of season.

While some other classes like Warriors , DK's gets buffed excatly on the perfect time and they of course take advantage of that and catch up to Mages and get further so pls dont call Mages OP because they arent at least they are not when they are needed to be.

Mages were invented to counter melle classes otherwise this game wouldnt of had casters in the first place since nobody would stood a chance againts you guys.

Deleted
    Blizzard already said that if they felt that the staff was too powerful in pvp that they would disable its effect in pvp. Hate to shit all over your hopes.
    Who am i kidding, TAKE IT MAGES; TAKE ALL THAT GOOEY SHIT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornyangel View Post
    Haha i will enjoy it bro because i got hardcore PVE friends who have couple characters with T11 25man heroics and they can carry me all day along and willing to do it just so i can get the STAFF and once i get it i will be facerolling the arenas like a boss for once in my life which wont be that bad right?

Whats ur problem with my name? To you it might sound ridicilious or whatever but to others its not just accept it and start call me by it.

As for the Legendary weapons i havent played from vanilla and i really dont care about vanilla that much since its past the real matter is if Mages were able to use OP legendary weapons it was very very long time ago and it is forgotten and irelivent today just like the patch notes. We get buffed and get nerfed in the most important time of the season therefore Blizz screwing with our class at the most important times of season.

While some other classes like Warriors , DK's gets buffed excatly on the perfect time and they of course take advantage of that and catch up to Mages and get further so pls dont call Mages OP because they arent at least they are not when they are needed to be.

Mages were invented to counter melle classes otherwise this game wouldnt of had casters in the first place since nobody would stood a chance againts you guys.
    Melee.

Now, I'll try and be gentle because of the aforementioned issue I have with bashing certain people - No you don't. And even if you did, no you wouldn't. A legendary won't allow you to faceroll if you're shit now. It just won't. It might get you from the 1500s onto the 1800s, but realisticly, who will you be? Still, and forever, a nobody. An irrelevant pile of pixels by the name of Hornyangel who has achieved nothing for himself. Insignificant.

Saying you don't care since it's the past isn't a valid arguement, as what YOU stated is that "or 1 time in WoW history mages can use legendary item(...)". You said that, not me, not anyone else. I'm just taking what you said literally, as should be. Mages have always been a competent class, they've never been underpowered, unlike basicly every other class in the game this far, in an arena enviroment.

Ret paladins, for exemple, got shafted into complete uselessness in the middle of a season meaning even if you did want to play one now, you couldn't because your rating would, invariably, drop. Warriors got nerfed last patch (not much, but yeah). Mages are overtuned right now.

Again, I play a holy paladin, "you guys" does not apply in this case. I'm not melle.

Mages have always been a competent class, they've never been underpowered, unlike basicly every other class in the game this far, in an arena enviroment.
    Then why the class represention in the top teams and at high end arena is so low compared to other classes like : rshamans , warriors , dk's ?.

Paladin is the class which requires so much less skills compared to other classes and now S9 for once u guys refering to all the holy paladins , rets have to be pushing your skills more than others and therefore u got rights to call who is op and who is not huh? My friend who played Ret paladin in WOTLK he was clicker he didnt know anything about arenas and yet he was stomping people just because he was running Paladin dont think ur playing the hardest class of all or just because ur class is tuned down ur someting better than pile of pixels by the name Obelodalix.

Im 2K rated player nothing big nothing small but then again who are you? some 3K rated who thinks hes holding the world in his hands or wut?.

Rating means nothing these days and people who take rating as a factor deciding how good someone is are definately stupid.

Deleted
    Yes it will.Sweet taste of revenge ..