Interrupts and stuff

This is prolly a pure Q.Q post, just figured I had to say it.

Sometime now and then I queue as a healer for ZG/ZA when I see that I'll get a satchel.
    For the last two weeks, whenever I get ZG I end up leaving at the first boss. The reason is simple, not a single dps kicks anything at all making it pretty impossible to heal (not to mention tank standing in the spray).
    Everytime, since the first time I saw this "behaviour" among the dps in my groups, I say, 2-3 times when I see it fit: "Be sure to interrupt his spells". I allso make sure to ask if everyone have done this and know what to do, if not, I give a breef tutorial.
    As I said, I'm yet to encounter a group where the interrupting part have been active at all since a while back and this try today was the one that made me come here and Q.Q for all of you

I mean, we had one furry warr in our group and one arcane mage, both gets a damage bonus after interrupting spells and should happily jump over every spell they can see, how can it bethat not a single cast gets kicked?
    other times I've had dps shamys and what not, having a short CD kick that is of global etcetc but still no interrups.

How are the runs for you guys? Do you experience a problem with interrupts aswell?

I do expect a lot of "Wää, you just Q.Q, don't pug if you can't handle". Yes I'm am aware of this, but I'm after the satchel, have plenty of friends to play with and don't need any gear. So that's nothing for you to shout about
    Allso, english is not my language and I have bad grades at is in school, so try to ignore and say if there is something you don't understand and I'll try to explain what I mean.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason, nobody gets the concept of ''Interrupting'' hell I don't even think most people in LFD have it on there bar or even keybinded

It's a strange world

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally interrupt anything necessary on boss / trash encounters on whatever toons i play, as long as they are able to do so, even while tanking/healing.... but rarely do I see dps / other tanks or healers in pugs or semi-pugs doing the same. I feel its laziness at its highest artform honestly; since they still fail to interrupt even after being asked, having the mechanic explained etc.

Deleted
    More often then not I'm the only one interrupting Whispers on Venoxis. If it causes a wipe the best way to handle it is to name someone and tell them to do it next time. If you just say "someone please interrupt" they're more likely to pass the buck and end up not doing it at all.

Deleted
    Well, i saw that also eErike. as a healer you really don't have much to do about that (at least i heal as shammy and got macro to interrupt target's target xD) you could ask ppl to do more interrupts or if you need to run ZA/ZG do it with guildies and farm satchels in normal HCs (yes you can get healer satchels from there too)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Be aware, that whispers are cast more often than once in 10 sec, so one person (except shammy i think) can't handle it alone.
    The situation when all 2-3 interrupters kick the first spell and have cd when the second cast is on happens pretty often

You should not only say "You, interrupt" but assign 2 people to kick the spell in turns

You're pretty much just finding out why so many guilds suffer with progression. In my experience, a very, very large number of players do no homework on either encounters or their class. They do everything based on what has "worked" for them in the past and what they hear from other, equally mis-informed players.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyks View Post
    Be aware, that whispers are cast more often than once in 10 sec, so one person (except shammy i think) can't handle it alone.
    The situation when all 2-3 interrupters kick the first spell and have cd when the second cast is on happens pretty often

You should not only say "You, interrupt" but assign 2 people to kick the spell in turns
    As rogue/warrior/shaman should be able to handle it fine, but yes, I do assign after what kind of group I have.
    usally get the "yeye, gogo" response tho.

Most people are ignorant or lazy or both. It's very obnoxious, I agree, when I seem to be the only person interrupting 90% of the time. I've sat there and let the cast go through before, just to see if anyone was just interrupting after me and had theirs on CD. Nope, just not doing it. Pretty sad.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    As rogue/warrior/shaman should be able to handle it fine, but yes, I do assign after what kind of group I have.
    usally get the "yeye, gogo" response tho.
    Nah. A single 10 second cooldown/5 second lockout isn't enough to shut down Whispers completely, so generally the tank+1 dps can manage it.

Nobody ever interupts idd i'm so happy i got an interupt on my bear other then the charge.

On the first boss in zg its a pain indeed when i get the link on my rogue and move away and he casts his channel spell i pretty much see a person die because noone else bothers interupting, even resto shamans QQ to me about not interupting it >.>

When i run it on my main, a blood dk, i interrupt his first channeling with mind freeze, then strangulate his second, then the third goes again with mind freeze.
    Funnily enough, the 4th channeling doesn't get interrupted until my MF gets off cd...

On my healer, a shaman, that's not an issue. But it's sad really. I don't understand why people don't want to make the run as smooth as possible.

I think you're wrong. I had plenty of groups where people was just all too eager to interrupt everything and fast! Unfortunately, those happened mostly on SfK first boss while we were still on 1 hp....

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    fckit....
    I've just switched from my bear to moonkin and decided to do some za/zg. My paitience lasted for 5 wipes on venoxxxis...
    They're just THAT bad. People just can't interrupt and can't stay away from where they shouldn't be...

*sadface*

Yea people are weird, its very rare that I get in a group where people interrupt without being told to, or what to interrupt. I go in actively LOOKING for shit to interrupt. If I am not sure, I hit my interrupt anyway, if i cant be interrupted then oh well, but if it can now I know :P

Maybe I'm weird... I actually get a kick out of interrupting spells and get upset when someones a split second faster than me

Also when I first hit 85 and started heroic 5 mans that dumb trash mob in HoO that spams fireball... it would make a big difference in the damage I'd take if I interrupt... hell just me alone with 1 interrupt and spell reflect made a difference... always wished the dps would notice it and help with the interupts

Deleted
    Got so fed up of lack of interupts whilst healing I rerolled to prot pally so now I can rebuke to my hearts content .

i dont see arcane mages interruptin much mainly cause their buff stacks up. plus some spells are channelled and have odd finish times

ok but what about frost dks/ shammys of any kind/ warriors/ pallys etc.

u gotta be mentally retarded not to hit interrupt as a frost dk esp if specc'd into endless winter like most competent dks are. 10 sec cooldown and nobody figured out what an interrupt is. this is why cta fails.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a big girl, I do my own interrupts as a healer. Thank god, I rolled a shamy. Seriously though, I see a DK tank and a warrior dps, and I just know that if I am very lucky, the tank might do some interrupts. But it's likely that none of them will. So I'll interrupt whatever I can. I'm so glad Wind Shear can't miss anymore.

Deleted
    try and get lucky with more prot pallies who have an inturupt in their normal rotation and it can proc for an aditional inturupt as well. and then the ocasional one will be using Rebuke as well.