Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    This does however, not really have anything to do with you not enchanting Power Torrent. You could do the same thing if you had Power Torrent.
    Also, you said you had almost 3300 spirit - that should be more than enough, even without Heartsong. Also, from what I remember, Heartsong only equals about 108 spirit, while Power Torrent gives you an average of 120 int, which should be superior. Also INT does increase your mana regen, although not as much as Spirit does.
    And don't forget that it's pointless to have fights ending with you still having mana, that would just be a sign of excessive regen, that could instead have been put into throughput, which overall also removes a little strain from other healers, which could in turn, mean that overall, your whole raids mana in total increases.
    Also, wouldn't it be better if your resto druid used his innervate on someone other than himself? The way it is currently, he would regen more mana overall (if he has the right glyph) if he used innervate that way.

I obviously don't want to force you to do something you don't want, but I think it isn't wrong to show you what you could improve
    Well the Power Torrent vs. Heartsong is a tricky one. Yes you get mana from PT. But the thing with PT is that it's situational, it's nice to have if you need to heal big. HS on the other hand gives the mana, always (well not if you're at 100% mana). It's a tricky one, I'd say there's no better here.

And the 0% mana when the fight ends is really bollocks. I'd really like hit the one who said that right to the face. You're at 0%, everyone is up and boss is dead, OK. What if someone went wrong? People will die. And usually when people are trying to get to 0%, they will just use pointless heals to achieve that.

Of course, I don't mean that you should be sitting at around 80% mana when the fights ends, but 0% is way too risky.
    Last edited by keRmis; 2011-05-24 at 08:12 AM.

Deleted
    I have a good raiding spirit.

And the 0% mana when the fight ends is really bollocks. I'd really like hit the one who said that right to the face. You're at 0%, everyone is up and boss is dead, OK. What if someone went wrong? People will die. And usually when people are trying to get to 0%, they will just use pointless heals to achieve that.
    I did never say you should actively try to force yourself to have barely any mana left. I also didn't exactly mean "0" mana (I know, I didn't really explain that too well), but still, having more than ~20-30k left is a bit much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    zodisius he is in 10m...disc in 10m if your lucky you might see 45% mana before the boss is dead. In 25m 5-10 ppl lower than the rest b4 a mass aoe is shield spam moment and will chunk your mana not allowing you to rapture watch a tank. Holy however doesnt need more spirit than disc your mp5 is already outrageous and the amazing efficiency of PoH/CoH/PoM is beautiful thing.
    You do know that raptures gives a fuck ton of mp5? (120k*0,07 8400 => 8400/12 = 700 => 700*5 = 3500mp5) . Disc mana regen is extremely high these days. Saying that holy doesn't need more spirit than disc is a joke. The difference in mp5 between a holy priest and a disc priest at 2900 spirit is only 1k mp5. Yes coh is efficient, but so are shields and penance.

15+ Year Old Account
    2.5K, no need for more as disc imho. Spirit proc and spirit on use trinkets. 130K maxmana buffed, plus Power Torrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    2.5K, no need for more as disc imho. Spirit proc and spirit on use trinkets. 130K maxmana buffed, plus Power Torrent.
    You do realize though that the question was how much spirit holy priests raid with?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbgz View Post
    everything is correct besides the 12.5% haste. its a nice bonus but really nothing you should aim for... but then again, its really hard not to get 12.5.%haste anyways.
    12.5% haste (raid buffed) IS CORRECT, having that much haste will give you an extra renew tick.

On topic, I'm running with 2887 spirit as Holy with Tsunami and Heartsong. I feel this is enough to get through all fights (although Nef phase 2 still has me running on fumes..) and once I get my 4 piece set bonus (drop my damn shoulders Cho) I'll be changing Heartsong for Power Torrent.
    Last edited by mmoc573f783fc1; 2011-05-24 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Balore View Post
    12.5% haste (raid buffed) IS CORRECT, having that much haste will give you an extra renew tick.
    Did you even read what he said? All he was saying was that the extra tick on renew is nothing special, and you really shouldn't stack haste just for that, because it really is silly.

On topic, I'm running with 2887 spirit as Holy with Tsunami and Heartsong. I feel this is enough to get through all fights (although Nef phase 2 still has me running on fumes..) and once I get my 4 piece set bonus (drop my damn shoulders Cho) I'll be changing Heartsong for Power Torrent.
    TBH, I find priests to be amon the better healers for phase 2, simply use lightwell, renew and binding heal, followed by serendipity --> PoH

Deleted
    Did you even read what he said? All he was saying was that the extra tick on renew is nothing special, and you really shouldn't stack haste just for that, because it really is silly.
    I did read it. He didn't mention renew, and neither did the post he quoted. But, as he did say, 12.5% haste (raid buffed) is fairly easy to get, you don't have to greatly sacrifice other stats, and in my opinion I see no reason to not aim for it. The extra renew tick is free healing.

TBH, I find priests to be amon the better healers for phase 2, simply use lightwell, renew and binding heal, followed by serendipity --> PoH
    When tend to push 2 crackles so it leaves me a little low on mana at the end. However, I hadn't been using binding heal, I'll definitely try using that next time. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Balore View Post
    I did read it. He didn't mention renew, and neither did the post he quoted. But, as he did say, 12.5% haste (raid buffed) is fairly easy to get, you don't have to greatly sacrifice other stats, and in my opinion I see no reason to not aim for it. The extra renew tick is free healing.
    Like I said, you shouldn't gear up on haste just for that 12.5%. You don't really get anything out of it. If you wanna go for HpM, you go for mastery, that 12.5% threshold doesn't give you more HpM than you'd get out of mastery. Every point of mastery, or even crit is free healing too, but it affects way more of your healing than the extra renew tick does. You should never sacrifice anything for it, besides, at some point you'll reach it anyways.

When tend to push 2 crackles so it leaves me a little low on mana at the end. However, I hadn't been using binding heal, I'll definitely try using that next time. Thanks for the advice.
    We usually simply burn ony in p1 and then finish with p2 as fast as possible and then do ALL crackles in p3. The tank in p1 tanks ony+adds. Works really, really well.

Deleted
    Like I said, you shouldn't gear up on haste just for that 12.5%. You don't really get anything out of it. If you wanna go for HpM, you go for mastery, that 12.5% threshold doesn't give you more HpM than you'd get out of mastery. Every point of mastery, or even crit is free healing too, but it affects way more of your healing than the extra renew tick does. You should never sacrifice anything for it, besides, at some point you'll reach it anyways.
    You're correct there and I agree, if you are gearing for HpM then mastery is the way to go and aiming to get the 12.5% haste is 'less optimal'. However, would you not agree that getting a balance between HpM and throughput is better? I feel 12.5% is probably a good balancing point (I've actually got a little more, about 13%) and theory crafting suggests that before 12.5% haste has a slightly higher stat weighting than mastery. Once you get to 12.5% haste, mastery is better.

I guess a lot of it is about preference.

P.S. Apologies for hijacking the thread a little. I'm done now.
    Last edited by mmoc573f783fc1; 2011-05-24 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Clarity

Deleted
    As long as no one is calling 12.5% the "cap", everything is fine

The Spirit cap is more relative than you would think. Its really based on your healing style and the awareness of your raid. (I.E. If your raiders don't pay attention and get hit a lot, stand in fires and so on.) I would say that 2400 will get you close and then tweaking that number (up or down) as needed is the best course of action. I run with 3621 Spirit with Tsunami and the 4pc bonus. I enchanted power torrent a have use the tailoring int cloak enchant. If I have mana issues which I rarely do, you can execute a few things to get it back. Some tricks I use are

Use Shadowfiend early in the fight so its up again at the end (Burn phase)
    PT (weapon enchant) plus int pot plus SF: This works well on moving fights if you don't have time to channel hymn.
    Hymn and SF: Tried and true, You only need one tick it works better out if you can get the whole buff from the other raiders.
    Pot + Hymn + SF. You could do this but you will be wasting time on the pot while channeling and I don't ever need that much mana return.

Again this is all relative but I hope it help good luck.

So with Spirit only at 2.5k what is the heal preference your using? I gave up healing being I was sitting around 3k and always running out of mana. I even stopped spamming flash heal and started using normal heal but it seems too slow. what is an ideal crit %? I try and keep renews up, I use PoM often and only flash heal for emergencies. I bubble when I can unless it is a warrior tank then they get all pissy about rage... I would love to get back in to healing but not at the cost of killing my group over and over.

Deleted
    Running 3.5k spirit as Disc with Tsunami up and 4 pcs bonus procc. Rarely ever go oom unless it is my own fault, by dying or using my cd's wrong.

Currently 8/13 HC in 25man and sitting on 2400 spirit resting. I have the 4piece bonus, Heartsong and Tsunami on top of that and we have one resto shaman which is highly useful however our trees hog all the innervates. I'm only using Shadowfiend once a fight atm but mostly during burn phases so I can go a little crazy on efficiency. Mana regen is simply not an issue if you play efficiently and a large part of that is knowing the fights well enough to know if there's imediate damage inc (ie flash heal versus Heal or Gheal).

I'm considering dropping one/two more spirit pieces to drop to maybe 2200 resting spirit. Reason I don't replace Heartsong is because it's consistant and allows me to drop spirit on offset pieces (rings/neck/etc) for more haste/mastery for consistant and reliable throughput. Sitting on 14% haste and 18% EoL mastery atm before any raid buffs. A nice balance between the two is what I find most useful.

You can probably comfortably start raiding normals on 2000 (unbuffed) spirit and Heartsong if you're a smart, experienced priest. Moving up to 2200-2400 with 4piece and/or Tsunami for the harder/longer fights or heroics.

Smart play is key. No amount of spirit (at least in this tier) covers for bad spell selection, poor efficiency or stupid damage taken by your group.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm Holy
    2805 unbuffed + 540 chakra + 400 tsunami = 3745 raid buffed

than i use Fall of Mortality as second trinket

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paablo View Post
    So with Spirit only at 2.5k what is the heal preference your using? I gave up healing being I was sitting around 3k and always running out of mana. I even stopped spamming flash heal and started using normal heal but it seems too slow. what is an ideal crit %? I try and keep renews up, I use PoM often and only flash heal for emergencies. I bubble when I can unless it is a warrior tank then they get all pissy about rage... I would love to get back in to healing but not at the cost of killing my group over and over.
    This looks like a troll to me, but a few things...

Bubbles no longer have any effect on rage generation, and haven't for quite some time.

PoM is situational, if it's not bouncing it's a waste. The ideal situation for this spell is ticking raid damage, or at least 2-3 people taking ticking damage.

Renew is very efficient if it's not over healing, which it likely will if you are spamming it. There is little to no reason to keep "renews up" unless you are rolling it on the tanks with direct heals from heal Chakra, or there is a crazy amount of raid damage with movement.

Greater Heal is about as efficient as regular Heal, assuming it doesn't over heal at all.

Never spam Flash Heal. There are rare situations when you are trying to save the day and going 'all-in', but you absolutely should not spam Flash Heal regularly.

Crit is terrible for Holy. Crit can be good for Disc, depending on your role. I run Haste / Mastery heavy in both specs but primarily play Holy. If you have Disc related questions regarding crit, I suggest you check out Spiritus' Guide, which you can find in the stickies. I'm not allowed to post links on my new account.

Priest healing is about the right spell for the job. We have a lot of great tools in the toolbox, but unless you know how to use them you will not be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlehorn View Post

This looks like a troll to me, but a few things...
    Not a Troll, it was My first post. Just a misread and a slight confusion. For some reason I had Spirit swapped with Mana regen. so I was thinking these people were raid healing with a regen of 2.5k. now that I had a nap and reread the posts, and looked on my own priest in healing gear/spec a little I realized my previous error, and I am just now sitting at 2k spirit so I now have a goal to get to before I start healing heroics.

The information was useful though. Thank you.

Deleted
    About 3k @combat , with Jar from Maloriak and i never oom

well maybe cause my druid mate inervates me ? naaah its just my uberness ;p