Deleted

Ain't this computer good enough for WoW?

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en...2-4173642.html

I use this laptop atm for WoW, and I always get around 6 FPS in 25-man raids, at best it's around 20 FPS. I didn't believe it would run 60 FPS always but 6?

Deleted
    This laptop spec you've linked gives a wide range of possibilities

Care to link more specifically, like your CPU-Z or even DXDIAG screenshots?

Also, from a list of graphics card benchmarks I often use, and have found to be quite useful, here, the 540V is pretty low for the high-end graphics of WoW, do you play on high? Or on low? More specifics definitely needed.

Scryus.
    Last edited by mmoc46e92a5b5a; 2011-05-21 at 08:04 PM.

Deleted
    Currently, my computer is a complete dinosaur as well, but I do notice these things in the 25 man raids, which is where he is having these problems. Obviously, the clutter of 24 other people and their spammy spells are always going to take a bite out of the lesser systems

Scryus.

Deleted
    That's the problem, everything is on low, hell, I'm using scripts to get the lowest graphics possible, still only 6 FPS though.

13 FPS in Stormwind. Awesome.
    Last edited by mmoc96b28150b7; 2011-05-21 at 10:52 PM.

GPU is really really bad on that, Radeon 540v is equal to 4550 on paper. Has about same fillrate and memory bandwidth. Those new three digit mobile GPUs are a big sham, as somebody might think it has got something to do with Radeon 5400 series...
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    So my GPU is the only reason that my FPS is so low?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    So my GPU is the only reason that my FPS is so low?
    You still didn't tell which CPU you have in the laptop. The link you provided lists four alternatives, some of which are good, some not so good. But it doesn't really matter because the graphics chip is not meant for gaming in the first place, and you're doomed to run any 3d games on low settings.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Any of the CPUs listed there should be able to offer you a playable framerate in 25 man raids. I'm using a CPU that's 6-7 years old and I still can get 10-15 fps in 25 man raids. That 540v should also offer playable framerates with everything set to low. I've seen videos of a guy running wow with the integrated sandy bridge GPU at a steady 20-25 fps in raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have the integrated video card? Those are always a terrible choice. The upper end of everything on that list should run the gam on lower-mid end settings fairly well (40+ fps).

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't find the 540v to be so terrible that it would warrant those framerates on low settings. It's a tad worse than the already bad 5470 but it's not in class with an Intel integrated GPU. Heck, on 1366x768 it should handle WoW's "good" settings.

OP, make sure to let us know what CPU/GPU you really have. Do a Dxdiag. How you can do one is specified on the bottom of this sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Turn everything down to low, and yuo should get a good FPS. I use an Athlon 64 (pre dual core) 2GB RAM, a crappy old HD, and 2x Nvidia G6800LE and with things on medium at 1680x1200 Res, I still get 40fps, so God knows what your doing wrong, as my PC is a relic. Turn GFX settings down, and resolution to your monitors recommended setting, and you should get a speed increase.

Oh and don't run programs in the background also.
    TBH that sounds more like you never play in any situation where's there more than just you and a few mobs running around on screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something you may have overlooked is the use of addons. Granted 3 or 4 aren't going to make any difference, but if like me you run 50-60 addons, it's going to take its toll on the CPU and memory.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gaming is 80% graphics card, 20% everything else. WoW's coding however taxes your cpu more than most games so its more of 60% graphics card 30% cpu 10% everything else.
    Last edited by Krunsh; 2011-05-22 at 01:37 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Krunsh View Post
    Gaming is 80% graphics card, 20% everything else. WoW's coding however taxes your cpu more than most games so its more of 60% graphics card 30% cpu 10% everything else.
    MMOs require more CPU time to process all the hundreds of players around you.

WoW while questing alone is 80% graphics card 20% everything else, but in 25-man raids it's 60% CPU 35% graphics card and 5% everything else.
    Trolling should be.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    MMOs require more CPU time to process all the hundreds of players around you.

WoW while questing alone is 80% graphics card 20% everything else, but in 25-man raids it's 60% CPU 35% graphics card and 5% everything else.
    the way wow is coded to run off your computer, it uses your cpu more heavily than most other games, at all times not just heavy environments. I forget where i read this. i'd link if i did.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunsh View Post
    the way wow is coded to run off your computer, it uses your cpu more heavily than most other games, at all times not just heavy environments. I forget where i read this. i'd link if i did.
    As I said above... "MMOs require more CPU time to process all the hundreds of players around you."

That is the biggest reason why WoW is more CPU hungry than some brainless singleplayer 3D shooter.
    Trolling should be.

laptops are crap, i would recommend getting a desktop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Echohunter View Post
    Do you have the integrated video card? Those are always a terrible choice. The upper end of everything on that list should run the gam on lower-mid end settings fairly well (40+ fps).
    I have absolutely no idea what that means. In fact, most of the stuff you're talking about I have no idea what they mean. Dxdiag told me no problems were encountered though.

The only programs I run in the background is Google Chrome. I've got following addons installed: Badboy, ForceXorcist, NugComboBar, Power Auras Classic, Recount, DBM and Rogue Power Bars. Are these addons enough to slow my computer down so much?

Try raiding without any addons for a night and see what kind of fps you're getting. Also see if you can monitor the temperature of your GPU and CPU. If something is overheating the system might lower the clocks resulting in decreased performance.