Heroic Magmaw 10

We put in about 15ish attempt on this last night and I was just wondering something about the Bone Constructs. I remember reading that they aren't supposed to spawn in melee range anymore but we continuously had this issue last night until we stuck our hunter and warlock way out of melee along with me (frost dk kiter) and that finally resolved the issue except for 1-2 more times that this happened. Was this hotfixed or not? Or is it possible our healers/ranged just aren't stacking tight enough in melee?

Deleted
    you must have 3 people at range or they will chose to land in melee instead. And it could be that the rest aren't stacked enough. They should stand right at magmaw.

Deleted
    We've always had three people at range (two casters and their healer) and although I can't be sure that three is a requirement, whenever one of us died in an attempt - we seemed to get constructs in melee range.

Also, if your ranged team go too far to the left of the room (as you look at magmaw), you can actually break LoS with Nefarian who is hovering above the lava - and this seems to cause melee spawns too.

Yeah, my 10man has always had 5 people at range (healers + mage + hunter) and we've never, ever had anything spawn in melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

We usually do it with me(hunter), another hunter and a resto shammy at range, the rest stack in melee range.

You need minimum 3 people at range.

always felt safer with 4 ppl at range

No need for 4 people at all.

Didn't he get changed a few hotfixes ago to not require a minimum number at ranged anymore? When we do normal 25 on our alts we have our one hunter stand out and they are always on him.

And heroic 25 on our mains, we have 3 stand out. I'd think the minimum number would be higher for 25?

I guess you problem is that while you kite adds you come too close to the boss. He's model is big enough to create such problems

Quote Originally Posted by Hurkle View Post
    We put in about 15ish attempt on this last night and I was just wondering something about the Bone Constructs. I remember reading that they aren't supposed to spawn in melee range anymore but we continuously had this issue last night until we stuck our hunter and warlock way out of melee along with me (frost dk kiter) and that finally resolved the issue except for 1-2 more times that this happened. Was this hotfixed or not? Or is it possible our healers/ranged just aren't stacking tight enough in melee?
    We use a hunter, and two healers outside our grp. Everyone stacks in melee range. I usually tank magmaw, but I get constructs on me from time to time. No biggy, just move.

This is heroic mode, not talking about pillars of flame where you only need 1 ranged, its blazing bone construct which you need 3 on 10 man and 7 on 25 man to be at range.

You don't need 7 on 25. We used 4 today and were perfectly fine

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    at 10 man minimum number od ppl at range is 3 to make sure blazin bone constructs spawn on them

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    you must have 3 people at range or they will chose to land in melee instead. And it could be that the rest aren't stacked enough. They should stand right at magmaw.
    Agreed. Use three good Mages and you make the encounter much easier.