Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Maybe, I don't know. I would have to see what they planned for the game first, but I would surely give it a go at the very least.

10+ Year Old Account
    WC4 could happen if they somehow undo all of the events that occurred in WoW, or wrote off all of the deeds of the "Heroes" as something of legend and never truly mentions of those deeds as canon.

imo, the best way to do it is to have a time distorted reality on Azeroth, where the deeds of the heroes never occurred, and as such, the lore of Warcraft could be redone and retconned to fit their newer image
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

No, I can't stand RTS's. But, I wouldn't be against them if they wanted to.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    WC4 could happen if they somehow undo all of the events that occurred in WoW, or wrote off all of the deeds of the "Heroes" as something of legend and never truly mentions of those deeds as canon.

imo, the best way to do it is to have a time distorted reality on Azeroth, where the deeds of the heroes never occurred, and as such, the lore of Warcraft could be redone and retconned to fit their newer image

So, another retcon to confuse the fuck out of people? No thanks.

e: If they did make a Warcraft 4, it could easily be set in current, post-cataclysm events, with in-WoW references to shit that happens in the RTS and vice versa.

I seriously doubt that Blizzard is even considering another RTS, considering how much weight they've thrown (and successfully I might add) behind the Pro scene for Starcraft 2.

Absolutely would love WC4, not only would I buy/play it, I expect its how they will conclude things up eventually. BTW WoW is not 4,5,6 etc lol It shares the universe and lore but technically it does not carry on the sequel line. Nor does each games expansion. For all you naysayers remember Warcraft's roots is an RTS and very easily could return there.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    So, another retcon to confuse the fuck out of people? No thanks.
    which is exactly what they would need to do in order to make WC4 and not have to mention the 11.5 million subscribers who somehow all managed to do the same exact deeds in the same dimension of reality
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but if WC4 would expand the Story from Wc3 (and all that stuff that happend in WoW) m it would mean (lorewise) the death of WoW
    Druid since Feb. 06

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    which is exactly what they would need to do in order to make WC4 and not have to mention the 11.5 million subscribers who somehow all managed to do the same exact deeds in the same dimension of reality
    There's a certain level of suspension of disbelief required to be involved in an MMO story. I'm sorry that you cannot obtain that.

Yes, but only if it ignored the story of WOW, which it wouldn't. I loved warcraft 3's story but I wouldn't be able to care at all if it was relying on events from WOW.

I like enemies to stay dead when they've been killed, thanks.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    yeah,

Sylvanas could be the bad girl (Guy) in wc4 since all other bad guys got killed by 25 unknown people

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a certain level of suspension of disbelief required to be involved in an MMO story. I'm sorry that you cannot obtain that.
    nope, i know i wont be mentioned at all, but either case, nether will you or anyone else on this forum, just because im telling you what would happen if they decided to make a continuation doesn't give you the right of way to sound like an asshole, however

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes of course I would be excited...

I would wonder WHY, but... I'd be a happy customer if they could make it work
    Might even start a new trend for WoW.

New RTS > Advance the World of Warcraft > New RTS > Advance years futher

...I'd love if this was the future of WoW but... alas. It would take alot of man power.

Deleted
    I think Warcraft 4 would be a nice way to end WoW.

Lets say WoW relieses 2 more expansions, lvl 90 and lvl 100 respectively.

We do everything in wow and then we can import out characters into WC4 and do the campaign there against the legion, with the titans, etc.
    Archivements on that character matter, it will be a strategy game with heroes (like wc3) but with bioware style dialog and missions where your own character from WoW1 and his archievs will influence how the story goes.

And then they release WoW2 continuing where WC4 ended, with updated graphics and gameplay starting from lvl 100. That way power players may be interested in doing WoW1 to lvl up the character, import into wc4 and then import that into wow2 and continuing from there.

WoW just downscales everything into 5mans or solo mode so everyone can experience all dungeons properly and get the archievements. Then go F2P. WoW2 becomes the new cashcow.

Deleted
    aslong as it was good, hell yeah

You guys have no faith.

Think about all the lore events that took place between Wrath and Cataclysm:

The war with the nightmare
    Malfurian returns
    Magni turns into crystal
    Thrall leaves the horde
    Cairn dies

All of these events could be told in the context of an RTS. Not only would it not ruin WoW, it would actually expand on a section of lore that we haven't been able to participate in within the context of WoW.

I would love for a Warcraft 4 RTS, and I have no doubt Blizzard could do it without "ruining" WoW.

Deleted
    i've posted a thread on Official forums, see what you think?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2123515012

would you be excited if blizzard decided to make wc4?
    yes!!! Hell yeah!!!

Deleted
    Absolutey loved warcraft 3 and TFT, but after playing Starcraft 2 and seeing Diablo III videos I'd rather not see another Blizzard game.

---------- Post added 2011-05-22 at 09:55 AM ----------

Well you're in luck since blizzard and activision maintain separate development teams!

On topic: Not particularly. Warcraft 3 wasn't that great of an RTS honestly. Good game, terrible RTS.
    It's an excellent RTS, much better than some terrible starcraft series.

If you asked me the same question last year I would have said hell yes. But now, now I'm bored of the warcraft universe and if I want to play an RTS I'd just load up SC2