Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

New paladin spell icons

Seems on the ptr Paladins now have new icons for Bubble and Divine protection.

I liked the old bubble icon

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will take some getting used to. Though I don't like that Divine Protection and Divine Shield looks so similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Huraaay i hope we get some skull icons

Deleted
    can some1 take a screenshot and post it pls?

I dislike them being so similar as well. Probably just going to make a macro with the old icons.

10+ Year Old Account
    taken from ptr wowhead

Divine Shield:

Divine Protection:

Good use of art development time
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I guess it didn't really make much sense having Divine Shield a Glowing Pink Hammer and Divine Protection being an Orange Beam of Light... But these do look a lil similar. I don't mind them putting time into new icons.. I think a lot of existing icons in this game could really use some re-doing... Especially GEAR icons... (I hate when new Tier items use old old old icons that don't look anything like the item, and would it be so hard to recolor the icon to the same color as the item when it goes from Regular -> Heroic?)

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even really see why they felt the need to change the icons, tbh.

I just recently got used to using Divine Protection as Holy (and man, it's amazing glyphed for some things), and now I gotta get used to a whole new icon? Lame!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    I just recently got used to using Divine Protection as Holy (and man, it's amazing glyphed for some things), and now I gotta get used to a whole new icon? Lame!
    [Glyph of Icon of Divine Protection]

Punches a hole in the ceiling whenever Divine Protection is cast. Can only be used indoors.

Deleted
    Rebuke has also changed aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    [Glyph of Icon of Divine Protection]

Punches a hole in the ceiling whenever Divine Protection is cast. Can only be used indoors.
    Makes sense. Enables heaven to shine down upon you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Deleted
    It's so weird, but I like it
    Last edited by mmoc9777cc7e92; 2011-05-21 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    Good use of art development time
    This.

Feels like a very subtle joke on their part.

Or a way to keep those people who have paladin alts under level 85 or still in greens/blues happy.

I honestly don't know why this needed to be done. I liked the old icons, they were iconic (no pun intended) and I was used to them after 4 years.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

There is also a new spell overlay (bliz power aura) for infusion of light

Rebuke should have a pimp hand slapping someone in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Visko View Post
    Yeah I guess it didn't really make much sense having Divine Shield a Glowing Pink Hammer and Divine Protection being an Orange Beam of Light... But these do look a lil similar. I don't mind them putting time into new icons.. I think a lot of existing icons in this game could really use some re-doing... Especially GEAR icons... (I hate when new Tier items use old old old icons that don't look anything like the item, and would it be so hard to recolor the icon to the same color as the item when it goes from Regular -> Heroic?)
    Are you joking? They put in icon art FOR the set in play when the set is in use... but then they dont use those icons until two or three tiers down the road.

And they use it for random garbage loot in the dungeons, rather than the stuff that looks similar.

And have you bothered to pay attention to the NAMES of various abilities, every once in a while?

Why is it that Kidney Punch is a finishing move, but Cheap Shot is a stealth attack?

Now, I'm no scientist, but Kidneys are in the back... and when I think of a Cheap Shot, I think of kicking a guy in the rocks. You can kick a guy in the stones from the front, but you can only Kidney Punch him from behind... Just for clarity sake, the two should be reverse.

Also, BOTH abilities use a normal weapon attack animation... WTF is that about?

Garrote should use Mutilate's animation, it makes sense, because when you choke a bitch with a wire, both hands are used.

After the simple matter of swapping the names to avoid any further confusion, Cheap Shot can make use of Kick's animation, and Kidney Punch can make use of... gasp... a punching animation.

We know this is possible because Hammer of Justice still uses the unarmed special attack animation (I would vote they turn this into a simple unarmed attack, rather than the special. It winds up looking rather silly as is, where when I imagine the ability, it's perfectly justified for a Paladin to haul off and slug a guy, but the uppercut, overhand smack, and other specials just look goofy with a weapon in hand.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Derp,I leveled a paladin after they changed the prowl icon on my druid. Now I have to change class once again!
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I really hope they revise spell icons for all classes. Many are really outdated.
    I'm not too addicted to quit WoW, I've already done it dozens of times.