World PVP legendary

Large fancy stone in a prominent place in a level 85 zone. It takes 10 seconds to channel a cast on it that can be interrupted by any attack. A large radius around this stone is a FFA pvp zone. The person who successfully casts on the stone gets the stone as a trinket.

Once they have this trinket they cannot fly and they drop it if they log out. In addition everyone’s map shows where they are at all times. The trinket gives them a massive power boost but they lose their faction while they have it – anyone can attack them and they can attack anyone (but they cannot stealth). If they drop it others can pick it up, but once it’s been dropped it has to be picked up within X amount of time or it will teleport back to the zone it starts in (and be unobtainable for a small amount of time to give people a chance to pile back over there).

It could come once a week for a day or for whatever amount of time and frequency prevented this from becoming annoying and getting old too fast.

If additional rewards want to be added there could be a quest that the trinket itself gives you which asks you to make it to a certain zone (remembering you can’t fly and you’ll be hunted) to get a reward.

EDIT: forgot an important point - you can't take it into raids or BGs. The point is not for a guild to get it and go kill bosses with it...the point is to cause a massive FFA with the reward just being the fun of charging around very powerful and knowing you are likely to call lots of max level players to you where ever you go...
    If more rewards are needed they could be added though...but since the entire point is world PVP rewards should only be added if people aren't having FFAs over it already...
    Last edited by Bladeace1; 2011-05-22 at 01:19 AM.

sounds fun xD
    Roses are red, violets are blue, In Soviet Russia, poem writes you. 

haha this sounds pretty cool... it would be fun to try out though i doubt anything like this will ever be implemented

Would never be implimented, with the shear amount of people wanting it NOBODY would ever be able to complete it, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

and what would it do.... why wouldnt a pve raid guild camp the stone, get the trink for a member then mass summon everyone to there raid n they raid that evenin with it?
    No...

Legendarys are pve based, pvp is so stupidly out of balance without these sorta things, would rather bliz spent time on tryin to fix some of the more important issues with pvp, than waste there time on gimmics

Sounds a lot like faction stones in Ultima Online.

Interesting concept... but potentially farmable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Would never be implimented, with the shear amount of people wanting it NOBODY would ever be able to complete it, period.
    exactly, blizzard would be out of their mind to implement such a thing knowing full well how much frustration and rage it would cause everyone

rage and frustration =/= fun =/= profit... ergo, it would only hurt their subscription numbers, whether it be minor or not
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    that sounds like a fun idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that the purpose of the Venture Bay PvP in Grizzly Hills?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This idea rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Ah, but by preventing others from acquiring it, you're engaging in the stone's entire purpose, ergo, you are fulfilling the purpose with or without it on your person. I think it's pretty brilliant--perhaps with a caveat that you cannot go hostile on unflagged players on RP and PvE servers, to keep with the spirit that they rolled on those servers to escape forced PvP environments.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Ah, but by preventing others from acquiring it, you're engaging in the stone's entire purpose, ergo, you are fulfilling the purpose with or without it on your person. I think it's pretty brilliant--perhaps with a caveat that you cannot go hostile on unflagged players on RP and PvE servers, to keep with the spirit that they rolled on those servers to escape forced PvP environments.
    Well, I think OP said that the zone around the Stone (I'm sure that he doesn't mean the entire ZONE that the Stone is in, just like... a radius around the stone) would be ffa PVP. So, even on PVE servers, it'd be free for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshdatroll View Post
    Well, I think OP said that the zone around the Stone (I'm sure that he doesn't mean the entire ZONE that the Stone is in, just like... a radius around the stone) would be ffa PVP. So, even on PVE servers, it'd be free for all.
    True - only if (for some reason that I can't think of?) it became an advantage would a large area like an entire zone be included.

Still - some type of difference for PVE servers may be in order...

No, just no, btw, not allowed to go stealth? so basicly useless for rogues?

Deleted
    Its a good idea and a start of something that could be worked on.. You should take it to the Official Suggestion forums though..

Deleted
    I think that this is a good idea. Couple of legendary items like this scattered throughout the game and even levelling areas, would make levelling and 85 world PvP more fun.

But I think it should be a reward from some PvP activity, and usable in raids and BG's. So when you win Tol'Barad theres that stone somewhere there that appears only for the winning side. Fastest person gets it for an hour. Then you could have fun with Pew Pewing with it in raids or in bg's.

Add another legendary(or artifact, remember the stage that came after legendary in thottbot was artifact) weapon you could randomly dig in from archeology and activate to use it for an hour or two(of combat). This would be EXTREMENELY rare to find but people could have alot of fun if they happened to come across one.

But NOO Blizzard are too concerned about BALANCE to actually bring FUN back into the game.

In a world like Azeroth, artifacts like this should be a commonplace.
    Last edited by mmocdf22af34e1; 2011-05-22 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brucie View Post
    Its a good idea and a start of something that could be worked on.. You should take it to the Official Suggestion forums though..
    My accound dosen't have time on it and I won't be adding any for a few weeks (until after my next set of exams finish - it's an easy way to help me study...sucks for gaming though).

If anyone wanted to chuck it up there and post a link here or something that would be interesting - but if not that's cool, just an idea that I liked and wanted to throw into the interpool.

Deleted
    What if I took the stone somewhere like Shattrath or The Wrath Gate?

It sounds fun though.

Let's just call it what it really is, a championship belt! Sounds fun, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdatroll View Post
    I was referring to the fact that those carrying the item after obtaining it could attack either faction. I'm just recommending they extend the cross-faction restrictions (you can't attack those unflagged, but they can flag and attack you) from PvE/RP servers to this FFA mechanic, also, give players a warning and a ten-second debuff a la when you enter a locked heroic informing them they've entered the stone's FFA radius in case there's no markers or notable environment around it like an arena.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!