Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elitistniceguy View Post
    As for consequence for mistakes, wouldn't you agree it's much easier to make a mistake in a 25-man due to clutter and intensity? Again, I only have Al'Akir as a reference to this. But even as for one person holding a much higher weight, we got out of P2 numerous times with one person down at the beginning of it. To be fair, the kill didn't actually occur until all 10 of us were alive, but the phase 3 wipes with just 9 of us were just stupid mistakes like not moving fast enough out of clouds.
    Well phase 3 has always been the "Okay, you got me here's your loots" phase. The simple fact of the matter is that there is no major change between phase 3 on normal and HM, so it, compared to the rest of the fight, is a cake walk. Our first normal Al'akir kill was with 1 DPS and 2 Healers surviving the phase switch.

10 man and 25 man are different, but I don't think you can overall say one is easier and one is harder. 25 man makes it easier to cover all the buffs, spreads out raid damage much more, is easier on aoe heals, and of course, gives more loot. 10 mans have easier interrupts (well, for the ones that they've moved it down to manageable by 1 person), much more room to spread out, easier to see boss spell effects without all of the player clutter, easier to organize, and don't punish you for not covering every single buff.

They're different, and almost like 2 completely different styles of raiding. I enjoy both, but I prefer the large scale of the 25 mans.

As some have said before, its really up to the people. You can get more mediocre players through 25 man content than you can 10m, I am referencing only hard modes in this by the way.

If you look at the numbers, to this day there is still only about 50 guilds with 10m 13/13. I think the recent fixes to 10m's have made them in line with the 25 man fights, but the real challenge for those of us that raid 10m hard modes, is definitely group composition. The reason V+T is so difficult on 10m is not only the massive meteor damage and inability to handle that in a lot of cases with 3/10 members out of the fight (at a minimum and only IF you have a rogue which makes the fight 100x easier.) the other 2 are the ones with engulfing magic. But if your 10m doesn't have a rogue, that fights complexity is through the roof.

Also, with rogues bringing almost no utility to a 10m setting in the form of buffs, they are often left out for other classes due to the need to maximize raid buffs to a hellish extent to attempt to overcome the slower gearing pace for 10m to 25 and the necessity for high dps/throughput. I understand the loot number drops are relative, but we all know 25m's gear MUCH faster than 10m.