Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to Avoid Elegon Pillar bug

Getting annoying because several of us sometimes receive the bug that one of the Pillars becomes indestructible, sometimes several tries ain a row.

Anyone know how to avoid this?
    Capitalism, Ho!

Always killing the 4 o'clock orb (facing the boss), and making sure you kill any stalled orbs during pillar phase seems to prevent it. He's still broken as hell skipping/merging phases no matter what you do, but either doing that or killing every orb on every wave (1x blood boil, starfall, divine storm) works best. Soloing with rogue/dk/druid/monk weekly.

You should be able to solo all the orbs with 1 AoE as any class though

Why do you even wanna prevent it from happening?

Just let him do his thing, after the third spawn of orbs let one through and start the next phase.
    Sry 4 bad english if present :P

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    A lot of AOE's don't actually hit and are hard to use on the fight. Off the top of my mind is CL/EQ, which can never hit them all due to distance, Multishot (although hunters can barrage every other wave or so in the start), Mind sear (range issues again, and halo is a 40 sec cd), and that's just the classes I solo elegon with. Not sure about things like warriors/mages etc, as I don't have those.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Why do you even wanna prevent it from happening?
    An immune pillar (or rather one of the pillars in a pair not activating) would mean the boss stays permanently immune as he will never leave the transition phase.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Best ways to prevent the immune bug are to either kill it before it matters or don't burn him so hard during the first pillar phase forcing him to overlap them. If you consistently have trouble then a little patience via letting the fight progress normally will do wonders for you.

The problem there is that the fight is currently so buggy that you can stop killing the orbs but they'll just go out to the pillars and sit there. The last few times I killed it the orbs wouldn't activate the pillars until I pushed him under 50%, even had his debuff stack all the way to 20 (the max).
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

The pillar on the opposite side has to be killed as well for it to go down. I assume you're mistaking this for a bug. If you're soloing, you can just run through the beam to circle around; it doesn't hit too hard.

However, you can also just completely avoid that phase. Get him to 50% while orbs are heading out and all further orbs will just stick on the pillars and never activate the next phase, allowing you to ignore them all and tunnel the boss. We were doing this before ToT even came out to cheese parses.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    The pillar on the opposite side has to be killed as well for it to go down. I assume you're mistaking this for a bug. If you're soloing, you can just run through the beam to circle around; it doesn't hit too hard.
    They are talking about how sometimes the 2nd pillar never spawns at all. It makes it impossible to get out of that phase without suiciding.

Mechagnome
    Can't you just kill him before pillars spawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkon View Post
    They are talking about how sometimes the 2nd pillar never spawns at all. It makes it impossible to get out of that phase without suiciding.
    Ah. I imagine that happens if you activate the 50% phase before pillars, but you kill only some of the orbs in that wave.

That's just a guess, though; never happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    An immune pillar (or rather one of the pillars in a pair not activating) would mean the boss stays permanently immune as he will never leave the transition phase.
    Oh, nvm. Thought he was talking about the bug where sparks reach pillars but never transitions him.

I simply don't touch the orbs, hasn't bugged yet for me that way. Takes a bit longer maybe, but at least it doesn't bug out...

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksel View Post
    I simply don't touch the orbs, hasn't bugged yet for me that way. Takes a bit longer maybe, but at least it doesn't bug out...
    You sure? I think I seed it bugging out sometimes, mostly in conjunction with the helpful "Pillars not spawn" bug.
    Capitalism, Ho!

I did this for the first time this weekend and what happened to me is I got him to phase, orbs spawned and I started killing them as usual, then some orbs hit but he never phased into P2 so I had about 10 stacks of orbs on top of each pillar but the floor never went away so I just killed him in that weird transition phase and he kept spawning more orbs. Was quite odd.

Signature Created by Jassinta

I gotta say I have having a very similar any annoying bug. Not sure it is the exact same that you guys have mentioned. The pillars all go up, and I DPS them down one at a time. Two of the pillars (not necessarily across from each other) just sit at 1HP and I can't do anything but stay stuck in that stage forever. It's really aggravating.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Many classes have no AoE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    The problem there is that the fight is currently so buggy that you can stop killing the orbs but they'll just go out to the pillars and sit there. The last few times I killed it the orbs wouldn't activate the pillars until I pushed him under 50%, even had his debuff stack all the way to 20 (the max).
    Yeah, I noticed that on some tries. If you ignore them for like a minute they'll stack up to become so many that it literally kills your FPS all the way down to below 1. Killing him before he becomes immune seems to be the only viable way if you have no selfhealing abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    You sure? I think I seed it bugging out sometimes, mostly in conjunction with the helpful "Pillars not spawn" bug.
    I repeat this too. Don't touch the orbs (not a single aoe/cleave effect when they are up), and boss won't bug out. I did it like this after having horrible attempts with indestructible pillars, worked like a charm.