Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Angry drunk people- why?

So I met my first angry drunk tonight and holy fuck... I did not know that it was actually possible to be that much of an asshole but my god did he ever pull it off. With class! One moment I'm standing around chatting with my friends and the next I'm on the grass (we were outside) with him on top of me trying to choke the life out of me. Now to be fair I did say I was going to sleep with his sister, but this was immediately after he said he was going to fuck this girl's cousin. I have never met his sister, have never communicated with his sister in any form whatsoever, and have no interest in sleeping with her and given my tone of voice that should have been quite clear. But whatever. Things happen.

Later that night, however, he was playing another game and doing it wrong (in that he was drinking way less than everyone else and nobody was correcting him on it) and when everyone else decided to stop, he was kinda taunting them and saying they should continue. I pointed this out and, again, sarcastically accused him of cheating and he just lost his shit, saying that he was going to kick my ass if I said one more thing and threatening to go all Kevin Hart on me. (I don't know who Kevin Hart is)

When I left 5-10 minutes later (I didn't want to be there when he tried to kill everyone with an axe), people were still trying to calm him down and he was still screaming.

Now to be fair I was being kind of a dick, but we were at a party with 10 other guys. You can't not expect people to make fun of you and people were doing the same thing to me. In retrospect, it's one of the funniest things that has happened to me, but if I actually had continued pushing him, he probably would have tackled me and tried to pound my face in.

I guess what I'm wondering is why the fuck do people invite those kinds of people to parties?

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezeburger View Post
    So I met my first angry drunk tonight and holy fuck... I did not know that it was actually possible to be that much of an asshole but my god did he ever pull it off. With class! One moment I'm standing around chatting with my friends and the next I'm on the grass (we were outside) with him on top of me trying to choke the life out of me. Now to be fair I did say I was going to sleep with his sister, but this was immediately after he said he was going to fuck this girl's cousin. I have never met his sister, have never communicated with his sister in any form whatsoever, and have no interest in sleeping with her and given my tone of voice that should have been quite clear. But whatever. Things happen.

Later that night, however, he was playing another game and doing it wrong (in that he was drinking way less than everyone else and nobody was correcting him on it) and when everyone else decided to stop, he was kinda taunting them and saying they should continue. I pointed this out and, again, sarcastically accused him of cheating and he just lost his shit, saying that he was going to kick my ass if I said one more thing and threatening to go all Kevin Hart on me. (I don't know who Kevin Hart is)

When I left 5-10 minutes later (I didn't want to be there when he tried to kill everyone with an axe), people were still trying to calm him down and he was still screaming.

Now to be fair I was being kind of a dick, but we were at a party with 10 other guys. You can't not expect people to make fun of you and people were doing the same thing to me. In retrospect, it's one of the funniest things that has happened to me, but if I actually had continued pushing him, he probably would have tackled me and tried to pound my face in.

I guess what I'm wondering is why the fuck do people invite those kinds of people to parties?
    Don't be a dick to someone you won't be able to beat in a fight. You know that you were a dick, you probably deserved to have your ass kicked if even you think you were being a dick, don't complain when you can't back up your talk.

Also, Kevin Hart is a WWE wrestler.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

This is why we invite people like that, because watching others suffer is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Don't be a dick to someone you won't be able to beat in a fight. You know that you were a dick, you probably deserved to have your ass kicked if even you think you were being a dick, don't complain when you can't back up your talk.

You can't tell someone you're going to fuck their cousin then go apeshit 30 seconds later when someone else says the same thing about one of your family members. It's against the rules. Also, why is a 22 year old male watching WWE?

this
    10chars

Angry drunks are funny. He sounds like a real light-weight though. I wouldn't have worried too much about it.

if people aredrunk and you tuant them lol...just be careful they could do something crazy !

Also, why is a 22 year old male watching WWE?
    whats wrong with that? wwf (before it became wwe) was MA.

You can't tell someone you're going to fuck their cousin then go apeshit 30 seconds later when someone else says the same thing about one of your family members. It's against the rules. Also, why is a 22 year old male watching WWE?

I don't know the details of what happened, I don't know if what you're saying is exactly how it happened, but if the guy is bigger than you, drunk, and already kinda angry because you've been pissing him off all night, then no, you can't do what you did and not expect to get hurt.

Also, Kevin Hart is an old wrestler, any kid growing up in their 80s/90s who watched WWE would remember his name.

All adults who watch WWE know it's fake, and just watch it because it's entertaining to them. No adult actually believes that it's real.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    whats wrong with that? wwf (before it became wwe) was MA.
    Grown men in their underwear play-fighting with each other? The guy's going to graduate school in engineering. What is he doing watching pro wrestling?

---------- Post added 2011-05-21 at 11:55 PM ----------

I don't know the details of what happened, I don't know if what you're saying is exactly how it happened, but if the guy is bigger than you, drunk, and already kinda angry because you've been pissing him off all night, then no, you can't do what you did and not expect to get hurt.
    The guy spends his spare time playing poker and doing math problems. How was I supposed to know he'd lose it over a drinking game?

You were being a wanker. I bet he would've acted the same even if he was sober. Most people who believe in preserving their dignity would. Yes some people are angry when they are drunk and occasionally people like you give them a good reason to.

Grown men in their underwear play-fighting with each other? The guy's going to graduate school in engineering. What is he doing watching pro wrestling?

---------- Post added 2011-05-21 at 11:55 PM ----------

The guy spends his spare time playing poker and doing math problems. How was I supposed to know he'd lose it over a drinking game?
    And what are you, a grown man who plays a little computer game online with other grown men?

See how easily your hobby can be diminished? Who cares what he watches?

Don't be a dick to someone you won't be able to beat in a fight.
    QFT. Make sure you size him up, determine how intoxicated he is and its effect on his ability to fight, make sure you can beat him, and then fuck with him.

Angry drunks are terrible people, and as such should be made fun of at every opportunity. But remember friends - Safety first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by captainreefer View Post
    You were being a wanker. I bet he would've acted the same even if he was sober. Most people who believe in preserving their dignity would. Yes some people are angry when they are drunk and occasionally people like you give them a good reason to.
    As I said earlier, you can't lose your shit when someone does the EXACT SAME THING THAT YOU JUST DID.

[QUOTE=Sneezeburger;11561656]Grown men in their underwear play-fighting with each other? The guy's going to graduate school in engineering. What is he doing watching pro wrestling?
    [QUOTE]

Well some people still find it entertaining, just a few other reality and entertainment shows they are fake but people still watch it for entertainment.
    Also he probably doesnt watch it anymore because kevin hart hasent wrestled for many years...

As I said earlier, you can't lose your shit when someone does the EXACT SAME THING THAT YOU JUST DID.
    He's drunk, and he's bigger than you, and you did more than 1 thing to him in the night. You should've stopped by the first time you pissed him off.

And what are you, a grown man who plays a little computer game online with other grown men?

See how easily your hobby can be diminished? Who cares what he watches?
    That's not an accurate comparison. Using your analogy, playing WoW would be comparable to watching sports or something like that, where there was an objective and you played with other people to accomplish it or watched the equivalent on TV.

Watching wrestling, which is basically role-playing in real life, would be comparable to naming your character "Lightbringer, bringer of dawn and daytime," and getting into arguments over whether night elves could beat up blood elves. If you're doing that when you're in grad school, you're an odd fellow.

---------- Post added 2011-05-22 at 12:02 AM ----------

He's drunk, and he's bigger than you, and you did more than 1 thing to him in the night. You should've stopped by the first time you pissed him off.
    I thought he was kidding! Everyone was bent over laughing. I was crying from laughing so hard. That's not something that adults do. You don't walk up to someone you're having a disagreement with and choke slam them. If you've lost all your baby teeth you are waaaaaaaaaaaay too old to do something like that and expect to be taken seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you were being a cock to a guy who's drunk and you didn't expect shit to start? Who invites guys like you to parties? A couple of drinks and suddenly you're Mister One Liner with all the pithy comments and witty retorts. Christ if I were standing there perfectly sober and you went "yeah and I'm gonna fuck your sister" I'd punch you in the mouth on the principal that my sister's 16. You don't know that, and I know that you don't know that, but it's a matter of principle. A) for you being a smart-assed little turd muncher, and B) for immediately going with the HURRR I ENGAGED IN SEXUAL ACTS WITH A FEMALE MEMBER OF YER FAMILY DERRRRRR line.

Agreed. Being a dick is going spaz when someone pretty much repeats what you just said to them. You can't go around, claiming that you're going to do lewd things with peoples relatives and not expect at least some verbal retaliation. Angry drunks are usually bigger people who just want to fight with people smaller then them. Since they have compensate some how, y'know.

And WWE is fun as to watch.

That's not an accurate comparison. Using your analogy, playing WoW would be comparable to watching sports or something like that, where there was an objective and you played with other people to accomplish it or watched the equivalent on TV.

Watching wrestling, which is basically role-playing in real life, would be comparable to naming your character "Lightbringer, bringer of dawn and daytime," and getting into arguments over whether night elves could beat up blood elves. If you're doing that when you're in grad school, you're an odd fellow.

---------- Post added 2011-05-22 at 12:02 AM ----------

I thought he was kidding! Everyone was bent over laughing. I was crying from laughing so hard. That's not something that adults do. You don't walk up to someone you're having a disagreement with and choke slam them. If you've lost all your baby teeth you are waaaaaaaaaaaay too old to do something like that and expect to be taken seriously.
    As I said earlier, most adults who watch wrestling know that it's not real, and they just watch it because it's on TV. It's better than Jersey Shore or whatever other garbage is on TV. Nobody is actually role-playing and believing that these wrestlers are real.

And yes, it is a completely accurate comparison. Any hobby can be made moot if you describe it in ugly words. It's just a form of past-time.

I probably would've been on top of you too if you did that to me at a party while I was drunk. You don't do that to drunk people, especially one's who can kick your ass.