Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    We had pretty much the same problems so here are a few pointers:
    - 2-heal it. Even if it looks tough, it's possible, actually everybody does it. You should also push all your raiders to come with an OS for which they are geared and that they can play satisfactorily. Typically our holy paladin goes retri on this fight and does very well (he stays on the boss).
    - interrupts.
    - tank the boss closer to center, and have everybody stack on him, that way your prot warrior shockwave should be enough to break the MC on everybody. Have the fire mage dragon's breath at the ready as backup. More than 2 seconds MC = fail, period. Anything above that is not tolerable. Tell your players with single target interrupts to macro /targetenemyplayer with their interrupt ability.
    - interrupts.
    - have your frost dk eat the fury of chogall and retaunt immediately (if your healers have issues keepnig the tanks up)
    - interrupts.
    - avoid shadow crashes. Tell your raiders to move out ASAP, I know I've been hit by it despite being far away from the visual effect. I think it registers your position at some point while falling, not at the time of landing.
    - interrupts.
    - drops the big adds in a line, to create a nice train of small adds: easier to slow, easier to pushback, easier to aoe.
    - interrupt depravity 100% of the time, and interrupt anything else, really.
    - if you are around 30% when 4th big add spawns, keep dps on the boss and try to push p2. If you reach p2 with big add up, it will despawn (warning: if Cho'gall has time to cast Fester Blood the small adds will not despawn = guaranteed wipe)
    - interrupts.
    - you should enter p2 with nobody over 20 corruption really.
    - interrupts.
    - start movnig the boss when he's around 30% because he will stop when casting some abilities and will not necessarily be easy to kite. Move him against a wall, so that tentacles don't spawn all over the place. Actually, tell your tank to move him INSIDE the wall, and I'm sure Cho'gall will still not be as close to the wall as you'd like
    - interrupt the tentacles, or you will never get them down with 4 people with a -75% debuff to damage and healing.
    - use all burst you have on tentacles, then switch to boss only when they are all dead.

Did I mention interrupts? I might have forgotten, so once more: interrupts. Everybody, all the time, with whatever they have, including class abilities, talented abilities, glyphed abilities, racials and even the kitchen sink if they have to.

Deleted
    it has been said before 2 heal it. any 2 will do even just take the ones that can best manage their mana.

You will at first run into issues of healers going OOM, make sure people are at max 10 corruption as you are pushing phase two.

Then p2 as someone said, interupt interupt interupt the tank not actively tanking should throw out interupts where possible

In P1 if the group stack right on his arse, the warrior can shockwave the mind control which is just another added stun for those interupts of the worship. Even 1 stack / tick of the buff that is given is costly as it will make for more healing needed, more mana used.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudruker View Post
    tell your resto shamman to drop healing rain down the whole time and have him lightning bolt his mana all teh way back up the whole time perma healing rain is insanely OP in that fight

Just.... no. Don't do this, please.

2 heal and get a lock. Have a warlock to shadowfury the worships and have the mage dragons breathing them, EZ.

sorry but a 4th add means your melee on the boss is just terrible, 20k isnt a crazy number to be hitting, but he should be hitting at LEAST 18k, that is how much our ret had when we got our first kill and 20-23k is what im getting now that im the top melee, our guild is only 1/13hc so its not like we overgear it (my average i-level is only 358). tell your guys to buck up, simple.

Deleted
    Remember: Resto Shamans Spirit Link Totem can heal the transformed mage/ w/e, simply put it down and tell the mage to move inside the effect for at least one tick (make sure enough ppl standing into it, too)

Quote Originally Posted by darkhybridx View Post
    Just.... no. Don't do this, please.
    R-Shaman here. I do that, actually. Dropping HR during Shadow's Order or whatever it is where the AOE happens and it actually works really nicely.

Like others have said 2 heal it. Ask your resto to go DPS. The spirit will become hit. If you are getting to Cho'gall there is enough gear for him to work on a DPS set. Our Shammy goes DPS and we 2 heal with Disc Priest on the MT and a druid on the add tank. We use the fire mage to break worship.

No need to do the whole cheese method.

When we first did it on 10 man back in December, we 3 healed it and pushed Cho'Gall when the 5th add had spawned (without killing it, so we only needed to do 4 add waves). The key is to group them up properly. Instead of you getting the adds, a better idea would be to have the warrior do it so that he can intervene or Heroic Leap across a previous add as the current one dies, so you can neatly stack the pools right on top of each other.

If you can't manage that, move the whole fight back 50 yards and kill the adds by the door, so that the bloods naturally funnel down the stairs.

As long as the adds are grouped together, you could handle even a 5th add wave (although that would push you into the enrage timer) as long as you have the proper slows. Remember that you have Ring of Frost, Frost Trap, and an Earthbind Totem. It also wouldn't hurt to have the DK back and specced into Biting Chill and HB the adds to slow them.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

You need to drop a tank and a healer, and get 2 new dps in there. No need for 3 heals or 2 tanks.