Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei_Sin View Post
    If you slapped some butter on that graphic card you could have, literally, made breakfast on it :3
    Smart thinking, I haven't got much room to cook on, so every little bit helps

10+ Year Old Account
    Just make sure you don't get dust on your food.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Thank you for the pro tip, dust wouldn't taste so good, I guess. But I'm heading for lunch now, thank you for all of your help, so I'm not houseless within a day or two

Yeah that is a bit of a bummer.

Reminds me of an old youtube video watched once of a guy making scrambled eggs on his busted Xbox:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLabckoPC0g

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei_Sin View Post
    Yeah that is a bit of a bummer.

Reminds me of an old youtube video watched once of a guy making scrambled eggs on his busted Xbox:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLabckoPC0g
    OMG i am totally going to do that with my old RRoD 360!
    I have a MW 2 edition 360 now so i don't care about my old one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwannie View Post
    As I guessed, the weird thing is that it worked perfectly for 1½ weeks ago, then suddenly started to overheat.
    well if the fan isnt moving that will be why its overheating :P

clean it out and dont put heavy use on it till you do or you could lose your graphics card.

Quote Originally Posted by Xifer View Post
    Im scared when I see Prime push my temps past 60c!
    I hope you mean CPU temps! :P I thought I was doing pretty well with my dual 6970's at 55c idle (85c load).... :x
    Past 'rigs in service (Now the dad's gaming rig):

Current 'rigs:

OMG i am totally going to do that with my old RRoD 360!
    I have a MW 2 edition 360 now so i don't care about my old one.
    Don't want to further de-rail the thread so sent you a PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    you should always get compressed air and clean out your graphics card and pc every few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just in case - when you use the compressed air can, make sure to hold the fan so it doesn't spin, to prevent damage to the fan. If the fan still won't spin after you clean it up... I wouldn't recommend any gaming whatsoever until you either fix the card or get a new one.

You really shouldn't get to 90-100C on a GPU, and with WoW you should be looking at 80-ish since it is not as graphically intensive, depending on your setup.

And, as mentioned before, clean the rest of your components (motherboard radiators, CPU fan/radiator, PSU fan etc.) while you're at it. Just remember to prevent any fans from spinning when you use the compressed air can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascherzon
    He doesn't read topics before he posts - he just takes a dump, smears it all over his face, rolls his face across the keyboard and presses post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwannie View Post
    Should I buy a can of compressed air and try to blow it all out?

Since my card is overheating, alot, after 5minutes with WoW open it's up at 120 celsius.
    You may have already done the damage. 120C for a couple months at the start of WOTLK was all that was needed to kill my Nvidia card.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had an issue like this recently. It ended up burning out the power supply. Always keep your computer clean. At least once a year (or 2 if you don't have pets) open it up and check it. If it needs it use compressed air to clean it.

Deleted
    Now I've cleansed it, 75 C after 5 minutes, whereas yesterday 5minutes = 120 C

Someone earlier said that 80 C wasn't a problem, is that true or should I try cleaning it even further?

get yourself an Air Duster
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=air...w=1920&bih=965

I normally take my computer to the balcony every few months and blow tons of dust out. also, take off any graphics card casing as the dust is probably accumulating there too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, shoot air through it, Dust is the fan destroyer!
    v you dun got goofed bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by Broheals View Post
    I guess you have a job with blizzard... Oh no wait you do better stuff than blizzard! Well done love it, I must see more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I cut out bits from Hamlet and pasted them together in another book. I'm a better author than Shakespeare!

10+ Year Old Account
    Or buy a new graphic card ....

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Deleted
    If you read what I said three posts above, you can see that the tempature has fallen with about 40-50 degrees after cleaning it, and my FPS is stable once more, 30 in Org and 30-60 in Dungeons, instead of 15 everywhere.

Turn it off and vacuum it out. That'll help. Also, if you feel your card gets too hot you can download msi afterburner and adjust fan speeds.

Some HSFs (Heatsink+Fans) are designed by engineers. Others are designed by 4 year olds with downs after they sniff a can of glue. I have the original ATi hd4850, which has one of the latter.

There's basically what I call a "dust collection chamber" inside, because that's exactly how it functions, and if you were to design a dust collector smartly, it would look a lot like the HSF on this card. Every 6-12 months I have to open it up and clean it out. And doing so requires the removal of -18- (yes eighteen) screws.

Within around 6 months of release, ATi realized how stupid they were and changed the reference HSF to one that made sense, but this didn't help me out any >_<