Flight Path Map idea.

Hey all,

This just something I was thinking of suggesting over at the official forums but wanted to ask around here first to see if anyone could give me further ideas on the idea.

Leveling a new alt these days you level through the content rather quickly and often miss a lot of the flight paths along the way. To counter this perhaps there could be a purchasable BoA reward on a character who has all the flight-paths all ready that would teach you all the flight paths to another toon. Even if they split it by continent so there is multiple of these books to buy.

So is this a good idea? Or does it need some more work before I pop it somewhere on the official forums?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds good but I don't think it is something blizzard would spend development time on atm tbh seeing as they are always "super busy" with something else.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can return later and discover them

Whenever you faction transfer or create a Death Knight they automatically gain all Flight paths at and below your level... So I imagine it can't be that hard to just a one-time buy and unlock for the whole account thing.

Deleted
    The only problem I imagine is that you would have to wait until 85 to be eligible for all the paths such a book would teach you, I don't think they want a lv25 getting the flight path to vashir that required a lv 80 quest to get for the main character.

Deleted
    No, there is enough flight paths now. It will make the game too easy, personally they should reset the fflight paths back before there was so many.

So no.

sounds as a good idea, they could also to counter low lvls getting into very highlvl zones, make it so you first get the fligth path, when you reach the minimum lvl to quest in the zone.
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They allready have pathing events to get you to different zones as a low level so it's not needed imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezi View Post
    They allready have pathing events to get you to different zones as a low level so it's not needed imo.
    thing is with heirlooms/guild reward you out level the zones a lot faster..

I see no problem about creating some books "Eastern kingdom cartography" "Kalimdor cartography" "outland cartography" "Northrend cartography"

be this a vendor item that is an heirloom or be it a BoE that scribes? engineers? make (saying engineer here so they actually get something worthwhile out of the profession)

You already level quickly enough now, and those would just allow further skipping of content.
    They are meant to be discovered as you level, and as you actually need them.
    Some sort of tracking or indication as to which you do and do not have yet would be an idea though.
    That would be best catered for through an achievement which requires discovering all flight-paths on a continent.