Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    That implies having cheap mats and if mats are cheap chances are he will buy them off the ah 2. Even when he is farming you are not guaranteed a sale simply due to the fact u don't know if there are people interested in most of your items. Relist doesnt work if he has mats 2 just craft more given u just bought out most of his items. Usually people who engage in these sort of activities have an ample network set up so i doubt they run out of supply or money given they probably got some bots or spend most of their days farming. It's impossible 2 deprive someone of supply unless u know where it comes from. Again profit means money u keep after u deduct mats cost and if you buy them but if they got bots farming they are always on profit no matter what.
    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." Muhammad Ali

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by methus View Post
    That implies having cheap mats and if mats are cheap chances are he will buy them off the ah 2.
    Yes - this means that you will have to buy out all the (for example) Elementium and Obsidum Ore up to 45g/stack. But depending on your server this should not be much more than 20-30k gold. And you will recover the gold in time.

Even when he is farming you are not guaranteed a sale simply due to the fact u don't know if there are people interested in most of your items.
    Of course you have to know your market. Pulling such a stunt in a market you do not know or understand will always fail.

Relist doesnt work if he has mats 2 just craft more given u just bought out most of his items.
    This is the gamble you take. Can you buy him out and force him to buy expesive ore off the AH. (maybe even form you?)

Chinafarmes seldom play the AH. They list their ore for cheap, hope someone buys them up quickly and then try to sell the gold before they are banned. If somenoe is botting: Try to make sure (e.g. by chatting with them) and then write a ticket. GMs ban AH bots regularly.

Also try to never think too short term. If you buy up cut infertno rubys at 50g/per now, chances are high that you will be able to resell them at 100g/per once 4.2 hits. I am still selling Saronite Ore and Epic gems I picked up cheaply in November for up to 200% profit.

If that server has something like sub 20g/stack Obsidium/Elementium, no wonder someone just prospects, vendors all greens and considers blue gems 'free leftover' they need to get rid asap for any price.

Just buy all uncuts up and sell, when 4.2 hits for insane profit.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeT View Post
    Yes - this means that you will have to buy out all the (for example) Elementium and Obsidum Ore up to 45g/stack. But depending on your server this should not be much more than 20-30k gold. And you will recover the gold in time.

Of course you have to know your market. Pulling such a stunt in a market you do not know or understand will always fail.

This is the gamble you take. Can you buy him out and force him to buy expesive ore off the AH. (maybe even form you?)

Chinafarmes seldom play the AH. They list their ore for cheap, hope someone buys them up quickly and then try to sell the gold before they are banned. If somenoe is botting: Try to make sure (e.g. by chatting with them) and then write a ticket. GMs ban AH bots regularly.

Also try to never think too short term. If you buy up cut infertno rubys at 50g/per now, chances are high that you will be able to resell them at 100g/per once 4.2 hits. I am still selling Saronite Ore and Epic gems I picked up cheaply in November for up to 200% profit.
    First of all not all mats are at the same price and also if he farms u just give someone else money you wouldn't really spend.

Second of all you can't really say u know ur market due to the fact that gems/glyphs are not consumables u get all the time like pots/flasks therefor it's impossible 2 know exactly when most of ur time will sell. Sure u have a feeling for an optimal time to sell but that doesn't mean he will actually be busy farming at said time.

Again if he farms u just give him more money there is no point in buying him out unless u know for a fact he wont which is kinda hard.

As for your final point this just happens to be the case now that they will be useful but if 4.2 didnt come you would still have a real issue.

PS: I am not dabling in the JC market but instead the glyph market so just making a few common sense comments from what my xp was while buying/selling at ah.
    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." Muhammad Ali

Deleted
    Darksorrow PvP - EU

Ocean Sappire / Rigid Sapphire - 10 - 12 gold per one. Used to be 45 two weeks ago, but one person that holds like 90% of our gem market decided to post them for 12 gold each. -.-

Some demonseyes cost about 30 - 40 gold.

Inferno rubies and their cut gems vary from 70 to 130 gold, depending on the day. I managed to earn about 3 - 4 k gold in the last two weeks buying uncut and cutting bold and brilliant ones.

The rest varies from 10 - 20 gold. And often I dont see the point of selling Ocean Sapphires for 5 gold 5 silver, when it costs 75 silver to post one @ AH for 12 hours, whereas you can sell an uncut one for 5 gold to a vendor or transmute it...

Quote Originally Posted by Nëgï View Post
    There is one person on my server whose completely ruined the gem market in just under a week. Delicate inferno rubies were going for about 175g, and up to 250g on a good day, but now the price is about 80-90g all because of one jerk. He is undercutting everyone by insanely stupid ammounts, and listing items in bulk. Delicate inferno going for 185? Too much for him. He lists about 10+ all at 111g each, and then if someone undercuts him by even a copper, he removes every gem, and undercuts that person, and repeats this until about 2am server, and then we finally can post gems without him undercutting until about 7-10am server. But by that time, the damage is done, and the prices ruined.

Imo, blizzard should ban people like him who ruin not one, not two, but three gem markets. Hes done this to delicate, brilliant, and bold inferno, and is also starting to corrupt the uncut prices as well.
    This, except its not just one person, its a bunch of people undercutting each other until it gets to the point of the cut gems being cheaper then the uncut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imposter View Post
    You can get suspended for making too much gold in a short period of time
    Actually you can't. Unless you are using a 3rd party program or bot in order to do so, you can't be banned/suspended for making gold. I have talked to multiple GM's about this already.

Quote Originally Posted by Imposter View Post
    You can get suspended for making too much gold in a short period of time
    not really lol, as long as you are making it in a legal way than nothing will happen. Sure your account would probably raise a red flag to anyone they have monitoring but if you aren't doing anything that is wrong/against ToS then you can't be banned/suspended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solfire View Post
    You can report people for manipulating the economy. I have had friends reported and banned before for buying up all of several items then re-listing them for double the price. The same can happen to people who flood the economy and drastically change prices. Just report them with a detailed explanation of what they're doing and see what happens. Most likely nothing will, but there is a slim chance they will be banned for what they've done so it's worth a try.
    Why would they be banned by influencing the marker? If they have the money and want to take the risk to buy all items out and relist them, they should be able to. Keep in mind these actions can also lose them money if the items end up not selling for the price they want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chozobo View Post

Any other server have this annoying problem as shown in the pic? Gem prices gone completely low, where most of the gems is more expensive than then uncut one. .
    I am on a german vanilla pve server, launched spring 2005. The cut gems are cheaper then the raw gems right now. Since 1 week the Orestacks (Ele + Obs) are listed for 15 (!!) to 22 Gold...cut Meta Gems dropped to 40-50 Gold. It was never as bad as today.
    Remember the whining in the blogs after the 4.1. patch notes and the "END OF THE OBSIDIUM ORE SHUFFLE OMG OMG" ? One Gold Blogger wrote "Ore Stacks will sell at LEAST for 30 gold, I predict 50-60 Gold".

lolz