Detecting array.....??

When i turn on my computer it says "detecting array.... (then in flashing red) 0 Degraded NVIDIA Mirror 232.80G 1 Degraded NVIDIA MIRROR 232.80G"

What is this?

One of the discs in your RAID is broken.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

What does that even do lol. im not tech savvy.

The government is tracking you. Fo' realz.

I love it when people type responses that are completely unintelligible to anyone that doesn't know computers inside and out.

Quote Originally Posted by broflexing View Post
    Repair shop is your best bet then. Odds are everything on C disc is lost and Windows needs to be reinstalled.

---------- Post added 2011-05-22 at 04:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kaelyor View Post
    I love it when people type responses that are completely unintelligible to anyone that doesn't know computers inside and out.
    People who have RAID array as a boot disc usually know what they have bought and are fairly computer savvy.

---------- Post added 2011-05-22 at 04:18 PM ----------

Can you link what computer you have bought where, and I'll try to give simpler response?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

we got this computer from an old office building for free. that seems to be the only thing wrong with it considering i can run WoW on ultra settings which is pretty fantastic id say =D.

we got this computer from an old office building for free. that seems to be the only thing wrong with it considering i can run WoW on ultra settings which is pretty fantastic id say =D.
    So it still boots and works normally but shows that error when you turn power on? Then it probably means it has two harddiscs inside which are meant to have identical contents for simple backup purposes, but one of those discs is now broken and the backup feature is no longer functioning.

If it does not boot anymore, it probably means that the pair of harddiscs inside was meant for increased speed. Sadly if one disc breaks from such pair the computer will no longer work unless the pairing is turned off and Windows installed again.
    Trolling should be.

im trying to find it on Google but i think its to old.

Yeah, take it in to the shop. The guys who said your RAID is broken is probably right. RAID array is the hardware controlling your hard drives basically and if it doesn't work, it isn't allowing everything else to work. It is very common on business machines.

it boots fine. its a great computer and all. (other than the fact that this tray app and photogallery install things keep comming up). So that just means that i have a second drive? like i have a C and i also have an F with what looks to be the same files that were on C.

Am i ok to still play on this computer? im only gunna use it for WoW anyhow. or should i get it fixed asap

it boots fine. its a great computer and all. (other than the fact that this tray app and photogallery install things keep comming up). So that just means that i have a second drive? like i have a C and i also have an F with what looks to be the same files that were on C.

Am i ok to still play on this computer? im only gunna use it for WoW anyhow. or should i get it fixed asap
    If you used to have only C drive, and now see C and F with same contents, it means that the backup pair is broken and split into two parts. One of the discs, either C or F is damaged.

The problem with running the computer as it is now is that if the C drive is the broken one and you keep saving stuff there, you might lose everything new you put there and it might just stop booting completely in the near future. On the other hand if the F disc is the broken one, the computer will keep working fine without any problems as long as you do not use the F drive for anything.

You really should get some friend come over who knows more about computers to check out which disc is broken and to remove the pairing of the discs to get rid of the error message.
    Trolling should be.

Thanks for the help guys! ill try to get my moms I.T. guy to look at it.