Thread: addons

addons

i had to reload my wow so it wasnt in my one file that has 86 in it to normal programs now i cant get my addons to work with it any suggestions?

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your addons should be in your Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface folder still (WTF folder too). Copy those to your Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface and WTF, respectively, and you should be alright.

What you're seeing here is two different versions of Program Files: one is for 64-bit stuff, and one is for 32-bit stuff (the x86 folder). Since WoW is a 32-bit program, it should actually be in the x86 version, although I don't think it matters too much since your OS is backwards compatible.

Deleted
    Would you please read back what you just wrote and try that again?

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Translation:

WoW used to be installed in his Program Files (x86) folder. It is now installed in Program Files. His addons no longer work. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Although his English isn't perfect, it is still understandable.
    Stop being a grammar/English nazi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    Although his English isn't perfect, it is still understandable.
    Stop being a grammar/English nazi.
    This has absolutely nothing to do with being a grammar nazi. I was not criticizing his English or the grammar (which are both, indeed, poor). It was about not having a clue what he was on about. A first glance gave me the impression that he mistakenly clicked "new thread" instead of "post reply" but that doesn't seem to be the case. It was just one weird sentence without punctuation or context to understand what he was trying to say

On-topic: No matter where your game files are located, all addon files should go in the \World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons folder.
    It does not matter if your game files are in E:\MyGames\WoW or even on a network drive like N:\Game Installations\.

Normal Windows installations still work with C:\Program Files\ though, so the first mentioned path should work.
    Last edited by mmocf5e5a6d2c7; 2011-05-22 at 05:34 PM.

Ranting over the original post aside, lets try to move this on a bit.
    I will make a few assumptions here, correct me at any point if wrong.

You are trying to find previously installed addons, but they were not present in Program Files(x86).
    Using Windows 7 64-Bit.
    Installed WoW in default location in program files(x86).

If those are correct then the following may explain why you cannot find previously installed addons.
    If an installed application does not have sufficient rights to write to the program files or program files(x86) folder then those will instead be placed into what is known as the virtual store.

The virtual store is located at
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore
    with what could be the location of the addons folder in
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\
    -- %username% being the name of the user.

That folder is hidden by default, and you can either turn on hidden folders, or instead go to Start, Run and type in %localappdata% and press OK.
    That should open the \AppData\Local folder from which you just browse into \VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\ and look for the Addons and WTF folders.
    Addons should have your installed addons, and WTF will include their saved variables (settings for each addon).
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2011-05-22 at 06:08 PM.