Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Is there any addon that can remove 'gloom' shading from Zones?

In particular... Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley.

If you look into these zones from just outside, they are well lit, but they go gloomy/dark once you go into the zone.

Any addons that can change this?

Thanks.

i really doubt it since it is coded into the game, so, yea, not possible afaik

Nope, its the game, unless u edit the game files (which is breaking the ToS)

Deleted
    It was possible before Cata (Via model editing - Illegal but not bannable), not sure if it still works now.

Deleted
    Definitely ban-able in fact. The word you're looking for is "undetectable".

10+ Year Old Account
    Increase your gamma.

Otherwise, the answer has already been provided above. Ban-able offense, but blizzard will never know if you change the game files unless you tell them yourself or your friends feel like getting your account banned.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    For those that think it is undetectable, tell that to a friend of mine when Warden saw the changes coming from his client and he was permanently banned for it.,
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    For those that think it is undetectable, tell that to a friend of mine when Warden saw the changes coming from his client and he was permanently banned for it.,
    My reply was in response to a poster talking about the pre-Cataclysm era. In current 4.X WoW, model edits have a chance to be detected by Warden.