Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    lol I do love the advertising. They have new ads airing on SyFy that are pretty funny.

Deleted
    Try trial. I tried it, but it wasn't enough for me. I am still to used to WoW.

Deleted
    People saying "I don't want to give up all the time spent in a game" So what, it is a game. If you don't enjoy it. You quit and move on. Time spent in WoW is equal to wasted time (sad but true) imo.

I tried it, but every time I played, I felt a desire to play WoW instead.

I tried it, but honestly, the content is just too easy to cut through, and you'll reach the endgame too quickly and be put into the same situation we're in with Cataclysm's endgame content.

It didn't help that the large guild of active members I was apart of (not mass recruiting of level 1s) started losing members day by day, and the shard started to feel like a low-populated WoW realm. That's just particular to that shard and faction side though, could have been different on other servers.

The biggest mistake I see is people pointing to Trion's quick patch releases, but fail to understand that Trion NEEDS more content, and quickly if they want to keep the people happy.

The game isn't bad at all, mind you. I just didn't feel investing more time into the game to be in the same situation as I am with WoW was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    I got bored of wow for the moment too and tried a free mmo called Uncharted Waters Online . If you like pirates of the caribean ( spelling i know) you might like it . It's really not like rift or wow or anything. And it's pretty in depth so to say. From classes to ships , profesions , pirates, storms, plague and so on . So if you're looking for something totaly different than wow , you might want to try that.
    If you want something genuinely different then none of the hyped MMOs will cut it. I played YPP for a while which was something else, totally. And a couple of other MMOs which were quite different. Apparently eve interesting, then if you want more space, you could try star sonata (too grindy for my liking, though it's not a "level cap" game). Then theres the 2d MMO beat em up dungeon fighter which is the biggest MMO in the world and free. I once played a browser game which intrigued me (called magic duels or something) which was quite different to most, but very geeky. And tonnes of others.

Do you want a massive change or just a new world? Rift's developement ethic is "how can we one up wow?" the two games could learn a lot from each other tbh. However if you want a genuine change GW or SWOTOR orwhatever won't be miraculously different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its all opinion, I feel like rift is better than WoW and I would try it if I were you.

edit: Im not at level cap yet though, May very well change then.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostx View Post
    Eh trust me, you will get sick of Rift and head back to WOW. They all do.
    Erm, no. They "all" don't. I quit wow a few weeks after Cata. Been playing rift since. Both of my accounts got given a free seven-day pass to "come back" to WoW. I logged on, looked at the incredibly poor excuse for graphics, approached my old GM (who has subsequently also quit wow) and gave him all my gold. Logged off. Not been back. The servers on rift are still, after months after release, mostly medium to high/full at peak times. See here: http://riftideas.com/shardwatch/

Rift is a really such an upgrade on WoW in so many ways. I loved my 6 years of wow, but they really should have upgraded the graphics engine, and should have actually stuck to their promised philosophy of shorter patch/content periods. I was bored out of my mind in WoW.

Rift got two minor expansions (including raids), bug fixes, new features and what did you get in all that time? Wow... 4.1? From a company with several times more resources than Trion? and now I see talk of this "premium" feature nonsense? Blizzard is pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked it, it was fun but since it was so close to WoW for me it got boring quick.
    Too much the same and then it hit me that this will (at current form) will bore me quick.

Lot of neat features in it I'll give it that. Made me remember my FFXI days with the jobs (Classes).
    It felt like a mesh of WoW and FFXI like it took some things from both, but mostly from the WoW side.

I would honestly recommend it, it was fun but not what I'm looking for.
    So give it a shot with the free trial can't hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift is fun for me at the moment, its been 2 months i played in beta for a month, so ive been playing it 3 months, im not max level but minecraft is the reason for that.

However i think guildwars 2 will kill rift.

Deleted
    THe game is on sale no less than 2-3 months after release. THey have to resort to "bonus item offers".
    These are the signs of a game that is going strong, oh wait.

try rift or wait for SWTOR. I'm not from those who claim x will kill y, but I got a strange feeling that wow is going down with the release of SWTOR. Just saying.
    {broken sig link}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    THe game is on sale no less than 2-3 months after release. THey have to resort to "bonus item offers".
    These are the signs of a game that is going strong, oh wait.
    Well then you must not know the game... I am on the highest Pop. server.... and well I almost always am seeing groups for the instances.

OT: I say try it. My main character is a lvl 50 rogue(Nightblade main soul)((kinda uses spells)). Now yes it can be similar to WoW for mabye the first 20 levels but then it starts to get fun. And in the 1st raid Greenscale's Blight there is a boss where around 10-20% you get transformed into a critter and have to run back to the boss while avoiding wolves(boss before final boss). Another boss would have bombs that can daze you,throw you back about 20 yards and every 25% places a bombs that u have 23secs to kill or its a wipe. All in all try it, if you dont like it just go search some more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice necro of a six month old thread.... wait, what? this thread just started today?

I see the same "experts" who post in every stray RIFT thread that has popped up in the past six months spouting the exact same copy & paste crap as always, i see the OP just joined MMO this month so possibly didn't realise there's a big RIFT discussion thread here >>> http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...al-Discussions

This is the second Mega thread started as the other one got too big, this one is over 235 pages and heading close to a quarter of a million views, guess the game is dying and nobody is playing it

Basically, post in that thread, opening up new RIFT threads just leads to all the WoW addicts swooping in to declare RIFT is dead...WoW clone, boring...no flying mounts so it's the suxx0r... ignore them, do the free trial, see how you like it, heck watch YouTube videos