Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

NFL Teams? Who's yours!? Where did it start?

Well, straight off the bat

Obviously, Im a Bucs fan! I just wanted to see if there was a majority on here that loves NFL, so please! Post your favorite team!
    Why you love them!
    Where did your fandom start?
    And more importantly....

Favorite memory?

P.s. For all the trolls, here's a bunny :3

KC Chiefs, who were the Dallas Texans till the leagues merged and they moved to Kansas City.

Sig created by Darknstormy

From half way between from Houston and Dallas. My whole family is Dallas fans so kinda just fit in, also didn't help that Houston's team left for Tennessee.

Deleted
    Steelers! I guess it started when a couple of friends (who actually plays football) introduced me to Madden a long time ago. I found my favorite team and I started watching a couple of games and the NFL finals they've been in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Baltimore Ravens!!!!
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Not trolling, but honestly, I don't quite understand why people feel such a fervent attachment / devotion to professional teams. Let's be honest, once upon a time a team actually represented a city, and the players were from there. Now, it's just which steroid-pumped guy can you afford?

College teams I can understand to an extent. If you attended UT, I can understand being a Vols fan. I have always wondered how in the hell someone living in say, Georgia, who never even attended community college is a maniacal devotee to a team such as the Florida Gators.

I demand logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Teffi View Post
    Not trolling, but honestly, I don't quite understand why people feel such a fervent attachment / devotion to professional teams. Let's be honest, once upon a time a team actually represented a city, and the players were from there. Now, it's just which steroid-pumped guy can you afford?

College teams I can understand to an extent. If you attended UT, I can understand being a Vols fan. I have always wondered how in the hell someone living in say, Georgia, who never even attended community college is a maniacal devotee to a team such as the Florida Gators.

I demand logic.
    I know what you mean, I support Charlton Athletic in Football (soccer to you from the USA, sorry i'm English ) and the reason I supported them was I went to a game and and had such a nice time, I had not supported them my whole life, and didn't know much in terms of football, but after having fun watching a few games and having a few pints with some friends, they grew on me!

Tampa Bay came from friends again, as a kid I used to go to Tampa, and mainly around Florida as a kid, and all the people I knew and met supported Tampa, needless to say I started enjoying American Football once I got into it and understood a bit, and I wanted to go for a team, so boom, there was my choice! I don't see why I have to be bound by a club near me, I mean, in England, I live near a place called Crawley, but I do not need to support Crawley FC, what have they ever done for me, other than have a few residents at Crawley bottle me late at night walking to my friends house. I can see what you mean with the whole 'sports becoming too mainstream, not like classics', however, I support a team not neccesarily for the winning, but the fun I have had watching and the experience.

Nonetheless, thats not really trolling, it's a good stated opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi View Post

I demand logic.

You can't understand liking something? I don't get it. You see something, you're impressed, you wanna see more of it. I don't watch TV shows I hate. I watch TV shows I like. I don't understand people who go so far as to get in fights over teams. These people who strip naked in 20 degree weather just to color their skin in their team's colors. But liking a team outside your general area? nothing wrong with that.

Myself? A Dallas fan living in Alabama. No pro teams around, except when we got the Titans. Which, might as well ignore, with Fisher gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You can't understand liking something? I don't get it. You see something, you're impressed, you wanna see more of it. I don't watch TV shows I hate. I watch TV shows I like. I don't understand people who go so far as to get in fights over teams. These people who strip naked in 20 degree weather just to color their skin in their team's colors. But liking a team outside your general area? nothing wrong with that.

Myself? A Dallas fan living in Alabama. No pro teams around, except when we got the Titans. Which, might as well ignore, with Fisher gone.
    I'm not saying it's wrong to like a game. I don't mind watching sports from time to time. In general, I watch them from a strictly objective perspective, though. What I don't comprehend is the fanatical devotion to a hollow entity, such as a pro sports team.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan true and true.

I happen to walk into the kitchen one day with my mom making stuff and she was watching the game. I never paid attention to football up until that day and I've been a Dallas Faithful ever since. My favorite memory of Dallas had to be... 1) Jason Witten being the f*cking badass he is and running down the field with no helmet on. He's my favorite player and I will admit, I don't think the Cowboys would be as good without him. 2) The Kansas City game when Miles Austin became a threat. He broke that tackle in the overtime and just bolted down the field. 3) When we finally won a playoff game two years ago against Philly. Its was dual awesome because it was a playoff game AND we beat Philadelphia
    Last edited by Sharpopiev2; 2011-05-22 at 11:59 PM.

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

Seattle Seahawks. Been a minor fan as long as i can remember, but when the mike holmgren era started for the hawks it caught me and now im pretty much a diehard hawks fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpopiev2 View Post
    I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan true and true.

The Kansas City game when Miles Austin became a threat. He broke that tackle in the overtime and just bolted down the field.
    F**k the Chiefs' performance that day... I wanted Austin to go into Free Agency and Baltimore to pick him up, he would be the blazer that Baltimore needed. I saw his potential, and wanted him, 'cause up till we got Boldin, we had virtually no big name receivers that would last us a decent length of time, and I saw Austin as a breakout player waiting to happen.

Chiefs, I have nothing against you otherwise.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Patriots, it was more fun when they sucked/just getting good because we didn't have all those 'fair weather fans'.
    Hi Sephurik

Personally its the Minnesota Vikings ( I live in Cali however) and ill tell you why...My first ever football game i went to was Stanford vrs Notre Dame and it was RB Toby Gerharts senior year. I remember having so much fun at the game and loved watching Toby run...i didnt really watch too much NFL previously (minus some raider games here and there), so when Toby Gerhart go drafted to the Vikings I decided I was going to be a Vikings fan (i also love the color purple and their new rookie QB Ponder i liked watching in college too). So there you have it, im a Vikings fan and not bc of Farve (i hated him after his GB days).

Edit: I am a huge college football fan and diehard Stanford football fan, so itll be hard seen Harbaugh at the 49ners i was hoping vikings would grab him

For one reason or another when I was on a T-ball league when I was like five.. i just loved the Baltimore Orioles. When I started shifting into some football interests Browns were making thier shift to baltimore ravens so it just clicked. I was a military brat so it's kind of hard to pick the team in your backyard. ( never lived in maryland)

15+ Year Old Account
    Detroit Lions. Best franchise ever. Who needs to fucking win when one of your team colors is Honolulu Blue?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Los Angeles Rams.

Damm shame there is not a NFL franchise in LA anymore.
    Operation Red Wing

Detroit Lions. I have grown up and still live in Royal Oak a city just a bit outside Detroit and have been watching them my entire life. Favorite moment was the day we canned that idiot Matt Millian.Only downside I still have to see his face during pre game shows. Also LIONS 2012 CHAMPIONS...Can't think of anything else that could cause the world to end.

reapemd, honestly i see detroit and atlanta having legit shots at the SB next year. If you look at it, detroit now has a NASTY pair of dlinemen in Suh and now Fairley, couple that with van bosch and avril and you have a scary defensive front. I dont know alot about the secondary for the lions but ive heard they are decent enough. I feel is matthew stafford stays healthy he can be an elite quarterback especially with Calvin Johnson at the WR position and pettigrew at TE, they also have a above average RB in Jahvid Best who i think give him a season or 2 will really be a star. The Falcons obviously have a loaded offense with Matt Ryan, Tony Gonzales, Roddy White, Michael Turner, and now Julio Jones....i know almost nothing about the Falcons D besides John Abraham being a BEAST.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xblrecurrent View Post
    reapemd, honestly i see detroit and atlanta having legit shots at the SB next year. If you look at it, detroit now has a NASTY pair of dlinemen in Suh and now Fairley, couple that with van bosch and avril and you have a scary defensive front. I dont know alot about the secondary for the lions but ive heard they are decent enough. I feel is matthew stafford stays healthy he can be an elite quarterback especially with Calvin Johnson at the WR position and pettigrew at TE, they also have a above average RB in Jahvid Best who i think give him a season or 2 will really be a star. The Falcons obviously have a loaded offense with Matt Ryan, Tony Gonzales, Roddy White, Michael Turner, and now Julio Jones....i know almost nothing about the Falcons D besides John Abraham being a BEAST.
    I admire yours and Reapermds fan loyaly and optimism. But in 3 years Lions have(might be wrong) won 15 games, 1 road win and no division road games. I think just a 2011 winning season and maybe contending for a wildcard spot would go far for the future of that team and fans. Dont think they are legit SB contenders. But it seems alot of those losses were not bad losses if there is such a thing.

But, the Lions are always my favorite underdog team and I am always cheering for them for some reason. Would love to see them do well. It would be the 'feel good' story of the NFL 2011 season. Never know, they might catch lightning in a bottle. Hope so.
    Last edited by kunah; 2011-05-25 at 06:44 PM.
    Operation Red Wing