Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddyLee View Post
    You see I don't even know what that is, it doesn't even have P67 in the name. I said in my original post (I think) that I am clueless when it comes to hardware
    It's a Z68 board. Basically it's got a few more features that are nifty.

H61 - not overclockable
    P67 - overclockable
    Z68 - overclockable + features

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. And all arguing aside, and not taking into account the price and the mix of parts. Will it still fair well with modern games?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Oh. And all arguing aside, and not taking into account the price and the mix of parts. Will it still fair well with modern games?
    The build or the particular board?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I sugguest something? Build your parts list off of the "Sweet Spot" Builds in the sticky index. They all run World of Warcraft at ultra, and anything at the $700 USD build will run modern games well. All parts are compatible, saving you a ton of work.
    The sites and prices are in USD, however, so you may have to hunt around. At least it will give you a basic idea.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pot-quot-Build
    Here.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Can I sugguest something? Build your parts list off of the "Sweet Spot" Builds in the sticky index. They all run World of Warcraft at ultra, and anything at the $700 USD build will run modern games well. All parts are compatible, saving you a ton of work.
    The sites and prices are in USD, however, so you may have to hunt around. At least it will give you a basic idea.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pot-quot-Build
    Here.
    Here's the biggest problem, i'm an impatient so & so. And basically needed (Well, wanted) my order as soon as, as it is TT over here next week. And well, delivery drivers & couriers tend not to come over here during then, or at least take 3x longer than their stated time.

But, money is only an issue at the moment. So come a few months, I can replace any parts anyway. That isn't something I mind doing, I have a tendancy to "throw away" money.

And @Drunkenvalley. The whole build.
    Last edited by MannDuo; 2011-05-25 at 08:21 PM.

Using the site from earlier... and pretty much copy-pasting Fuzzykin's $700 build with a few mods (due to parts not being available, ie)

Case: Antec 200
    Power Supply: Corsair CX500
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
    Processor: Intel i5 2500k
    CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GB
    Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3
    Optical Disc Drive: Sony Optical DVD Writer SATA
    Graphics Card: MSI GTX 560 GTX Twin Frozr

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the biggest problem, i'm an impatient so & so. And basically needed (Well, wanted) my order as soon as, as it is TT over here next week. And well, delivery drivers & couriers tend not to come over here during then, or at least take 3x longer than their stated time.

But, money is only an issue at the moment. So come a few months, I can replace any parts anyway. That isn't something I mind doing, I have a tendancy to "throw away" money.

And @Drunkenvalley. The whole build.
    That's an awful mindset, and you have successfully pissed me off.
    I realize it's your money, but if you like throwing it away, send some to me.
    Prices are going to take a drop after BullDozer comes out. It's inevitable. Intel's monopoly will slip from the CPU market if Bulldozer is remotely good.
    That said, you could save up over the next month and get a far better build.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Using the site from earlier... and pretty much copy-pasting Fuzzykin's $700 build with a few mods (due to parts not being available, ie)

Case: Antec 200
    Power Supply: Corsair CX500
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
    Processor: Intel i5 2500k
    CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GB
    Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3
    Optical Disc Drive: Sony Optical DVD Writer SATA
    Graphics Card: MSI GTX 560 GTX Twin Frozr
    I really do hate it over here. A $700 build comes too... £700. That shouldn't make sense, ha ha. So outta budget, especially with postage to this little island on top of that.

But the mix&match I bought, will it still fair well against modern games, or to make that question a little easier... Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really do hate it over here. A $700 build comes too... £700. That shouldn't make sense, ha ha. So outta budget, especially with postage to this little island on top of that.

But the mix&match I bought, will it still fair well against modern games, or to make that question a little easier... Wow.
    Simple answer, yes.
    But you're wasting money.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Simple answer, yes.
    But you're wasting money.
    I feel really stupid now.

Is it a huge waste of money? As I feel I have really ballsed it up with this one. Keeping in mind i'm not on the mindset of there is something better, so get it. I just got what I thought was the best for my money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel really stupid now.

Is it a huge waste of money? As I feel I have really ballsed it up with this one. Keeping in mind i'm not on the mindset of there is something better, so get it. I just got what I thought was the best for my money.
    Without a P67 motherboard, your K version processor might as well be thrown out the window, as you cannot overclock it. You'll see later down the road that overclocking a P67/i52500k is stupid easy. Even with the stock heatsink, you could boost the performance.
    Otherwise you should have gotten a cheaper i5 and went with the H61 motherboard.
    Everything else is sound, though I would have gotten the 1GB version of the 6950.
    And you still have a Caviar Green drive picked out. I hope you get an SSD soon, because your boot/load times will piss you off.

If you're going to complain about how things cost a ton, do the proper research before purchasing, and you'll find your money goes a lot further than you think it does.