Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harakan View Post
    the only "hard" part is for the healers, and on hard mode just one of them messing up once (a hot ticking 0.5 sec later than expected) means someone dies a horrible horrible death
    Well if you're counting on HoTs to heal random people for 10k in 5 seconds, I can see the problem.

Why did not you quit in wotlk? Chimaeron is just light version of Anub'arak.
    Anub'arak got pretty much the same mechanics - keep all raid on 1k hp, heal up people with debufs.
    The only difference maybe that you can complitely ignore mechanics on normal mode. But you just cant ignore mechanics on heroic Anub'arak. Even on lvl85 with 359 gear.
    Chimaeron looks complitely the same - keep everyone on 10k hp, heal up people with debuf.

Or maybe you just started playing and this boss is hard for you? Well, believe me, its one of the easiest bosses in current content. Its second easiest heroic boss after halfus. Some day you will learn how to heal and you will just laugh on yourself failing on Chimaeron.

Personally, I love to heal it with my restoration shaman. I'm in top 20 healers in WOL and thats pretty much the only boss where I rock so much

Please don't compare Chim with the nightmare that is Anub HC.

Quote Originally Posted by etsumii View Post
    Name one hard fight for dps. ONE.
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Deleted
    Chimaeron has a good idea - any healing over 10k being overhealing and being under 10k meaning death - but the fight as a total is a bit ruined on the fact that parry/dodge/block luck plays a huge role and that the feuds happen randomly. The fight also has absolutely no challenging mechanics for tanks/dps, apart from a small thing in p2 if your class happens to have something to reset threat.

Also a hard fight for dps? Compared to other roles, I'd claim that on average healers have it hardest, but in terms of what you need to do compared to a hypothetical tank and spank fight all roles have it roughly equally hard apart from those few special roles on some bosses: for example add tank on both normal and heroic Maloriak is slightly harder than any other role in my opinion, tanking Magmaw on normal is ludicrously straightforward and on Atramedes tank is the only person who won't get a ground phase breath targeted on him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoHealsForYou View Post
    You mean another fight where DPS just facesmash and let healers/tanks do all the work? Oh, wait..
    Just sad....

Deleted
    Really? I'll just be happy and collect my free epics.

There's always a gearcheck. Patchwerk, Brutallus, Patchwerk, Blood Queen, Chimaeron. They're always fun, simple fights, get used to them.

Sig by Mipeo

Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    All of them

Somehow I'm thinking no.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Normal Chimaeron isn't so bad, but I really hate Heroic Chimaeron. However, as my guild downs it more and more it does get easier, so most of my hatred is residual from those first (way too many) wipes learning it Heroic.

At least it's not Anub. Those bugs gave me nightmares. SHADOWSTEPAMGYOUAREDEAD

OT: It doesn't look like there's a Chimaeron-style fight, and I'm hoping it stays that way.

Quote Originally Posted by etsumii View Post
    Name one hard fight for dps. ONE.
    This tier? Heroics:

ODS
    Maloriak
    Cho'gall
    Ascendant Council

Very challenging fights, particularly as melee dps.

I'm not saying healers have it easy, but this tier has been universally challenging, which is a very good thing.

Sig by Mipeo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligaments View Post
    This tier? Heroics:

ODS
    Maloriak
    Cho'gall
    Ascendant Council

Very challenging fights, particularly as melee dps.

I'm not saying healers have it easy, but this tier has been universally challenging, which is a very good thing.
    I get where you're coming from, but "heroic" modes are supposed to be hard. :P

What about normal modes? (And yes, I openly admit I do not raid on a DPS, so I will not sit and compare roles or say it's easy/hard for DPS.)

Deleted
    I'm not saying healers have it easy.
    Yes noone is saying healers have it easy, but any condescending healer coming onto forums with the "omgqq dps are so stupid and have stupid jobs and have it soo soo easy" need to gtfo....

Quote Originally Posted by Rashunt View Post
    Yes noone is saying healers have it easy, but any condescending healer coming onto forums with the "omgqq dps are so stupid and have stupid jobs and have it soo soo easy" need to gtfo....
    This all the way.

well not sure what you mean another boss like Chimaeron.. Think it's pretty fun for healers to do and I think that each tier should have 1 boss that is designed for healers to have fun. Chimaeron now, Dreamwalker in ICC etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Auralan View Post
    Chimaeron is a unique and fun encounter for those tanking and healing it
    Chimaeron unique and fun for tanking? I thought so before I played it with my tank alt the first time also. Then though
    my first comment was "That is even more boring than playing him with dps". I think the interesting-ness for that fight
    is like Healer > dps > Tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashunt View Post
    But omgqq dps are so stupid and have stupid jobs and have it soo soo easy!! >.>*

Clearly, they're just jealous. :P Either that, or perhaps they're more familiar with the DPS role than the healing role, and thus the healing role "feels" harder.

I know when I'm tanking on my bear it feels like a lot of work (except Chimaeron--I fall asleep there) just because I'm not as innately in-tune with the class and role (been healing for years, not so much with the tanking). Maybe the same thing is happening?

*The above statement is a joke and is not to be taken seriously or as flaming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    I get where you're coming from, but "heroic" modes are supposed to be hard. :P

What about normal modes? (And yes, I openly admit I do not raid on a DPS, so I will not sit and compare roles or say it's easy/hard for DPS.)
    You are pretty screwed on Cho'gall if you don't got enough Range/AoE/Slows UNLESS melee dps has excellent target communication.
    Other then that...no idea really.

Yeah Chim was annoying with the wrong healing comp. We had a ton of trouble with him using two paladins and an undergearwd shaman (before they were buffed). The long cast times for the paladin and inability to raid heal effectively, and the shamans chain heal only healing two over 10k maybe 10% of the time was super annoying after a non feud massacre. Druids usually have trouble too until they figure out that they have to heal this fight completely differently than any other (use completely different spells)

Dps actually do have some challenges in this tier. Atra heroic can be somewhat daunting for a ranged dps, maloriak can be tough for all dps trying to ape down oozes fast enough, while dodging puddles and not pulling threat. The light storm interrupter had a pretty hard job prenerf too(I did it as our tank, as my latency is super low). Heroic conclave is almost all on the dps. Cho is another, especially if you are low on strong ranged aoe or interrupters.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's always a gearcheck. Patchwerk, Brutallus, Patchwerk, Blood Queen, Chimaeron. They're always fun, simple fights, get used to them.
    I always thought Blood Queen was just a brain check :P. I remember all the trouble we had with Chimaeron when we first started raiding... now he's just the boss that refuses to drop the Mail agility bracers for our hunter.