Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I would go with whatever fits you the most.

Healing is quite intents as newly dinged, but as your gear improves you will see a big change.
    I struggled in the start with healing, but I got after it and I am enjoying it alot now!

Well, as alot other guys said - Go with you want all 4 druid specs are viable at the moment, especially if you are thinking in "alt-terms".

If my druid was an alt, he would probably still be resto, but with a bear spec instead of kitty

Deleted
    My alt is a druid, and hes a bear tank whit boomkin os, simply cause i swap between my hunter and druid for our 10man guild and we lack a good backup tank. My 2nd alt is also a druid , but he is my farm toon whit herb/mining.

Reason that i like bear is that i love doing something else then trying to pump the highest dps

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    My main is a fire mage and I actually have a worgen druid alt. He's kitty with bear offspec that never gets put to use. It's a ton of fun and is hugely different than my mage.

i played my drood as my main alt in WotLK with a resto MS and a pretty good kitty os. When I finally got around to leveling her up and gearing her for healing, which i have always enjoyed as a druid, i switched main at once. I have seen a lot of crap being dumped on resto drood in cata but from the raiding i have done so far (only 10's where i would suspect a resto druid shines a lot more) we are absolutelly viable. I have so far been pretty much on par with pala and shammy healers healing done wise, with about an equal spread between raid healing and tank healing. and as i said i find druid healing more fun than its ever been, just the fact that i dont spend 75% of my globals spreading out rejus in every fight makes it so much better, rather getting use out of pretty much every healing spell we have makes it a real hoot and half in my book.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Druid is my alt. I say go with whatever spec you think you enjoy. They're currently all viable.

I would advice on having either a Bear or Resto (off)spec though, makes it much easier to get into pug/alt raids. If you played Resto at competitive level in Wotlk like you say, the 'switch' to the 'new' healing style is surprisingly easy. Go with your instincts, it makes a whole lot of intuitive sense.

my main is a 359 resto shaman but my alt is a 360 druid tank, resto os. Yep my alt is better geared/itemized than my main...lol. My druid is a BEAST...I love tanking on my druid. I think I play my druid more than my shaman actually. I tank call to arms heroics and am usually top dps as bear. It is nice to be a bear overlord.