Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

2 men are in a room - how many people are there in the room?

We are often asked to think outside the box, let's see if you can think inside the box with this olde riddle.

2 Men, A and B (their names hold no meaning) are in a room, the room has always existed since the dawn or time and so have the men, there are no mirrors or reflective surfaces within the room itself, no doors, no windows, no way in or out of the room, no women, no children, no other beings or animals except these 2 men; A and B.

So how many people are there in the room.

***SPOILERS*** - Please please stop putting spoilers on your little hatchbacks - it looks totally lame and doesn't really provide any downforce or steering benefit.

The answer is 6 - Althought I'm sure you will all moan about that.

There is the person man A thinks he is.
    There is the person man A actually is.
    There is the person man A thinks man B is.
    There is the person man B thinks he is.
    There is the person man B actually is.
    There is the person man B thinks man A is.

The question was used as a exercise to show secondary school children that they are not always who they believe themselves to be and to ensure they understand other people may think of them differently to how they may want - The exercise is always successful, however nobody every gets the answer correct (I'd be pretty pissed off if they did). It's not designed for a forum really since there are alot of questions you need to ask, however it's early morning, my boss asked me to make some spreadsheets and all I wanted to do was concept art so I have a bit of a grump on. Have a good day all.
    Last edited by killzwitch; 2011-05-23 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Answer inserted

Deleted
    One people.
    Two persons.

Or maybe I fail at grammar.

maybe like.........2?

Deleted
    0 people.. there is no way in

Deleted
    u cant ask this in the morning !

Deleted
    If these 2 men existed since dawn of time, they are no men.

Ok, I get it
    You make it sound obvious, you tell about two people, gradually luring me to your trap. Even at this moment you are hoping that I would logically say two people, just according to your monstrous plan.

But bam, I saw through your black magic.

As directed by M. Night Shyamalan, there were no two people to begin with, there was also no room, and the doctor was dead all along.

The answer is 0 people.

Deleted
    easy its easy.

2 corpses 0 people

10+ Year Old Account
    It's 3, duh

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. There are no people since they couldn't have gotten in

2. There are 2 dead people because if like "God" put them there, they would have food, water or anything!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinitum View Post
    Ok, I get it
    You make it sound obvious, you tell about two people. You are hoping that I would logically say two people.

But bam, I saw through your black magic.

As directed by M. Night. Shyamalan, there were no two people to begin with, there was no room, and the doctor was dead all along.

The answer is 0 people.
    No...you got it wrong. There are mysterious people from the village who killed the two men. But here's the thing: the people from the village? THEY WERE THE TWO MEN! DUN DUN DUN!

Anyway, with no way in, how were there any men in there to begin with. Wouldn't it logically be zero?

10+ Year Old Account
    one people
    two men

50 unicorns

haha seriously loving some of these answers, needed a laugh after staying up all night.

If they are real people, then 2.

But I think the twist is that "they can't be people since they've lived since the dawn of time" or something.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    There are no people, if they existed since the dawn of time and were never exposed to the world, are these "men" considered people?

Give the answer! This is really annoying me :P

In my room, there is one person. Me. In that room you were talking about, two.

0 no person could live that long, they would be skeletons!

How do you know if there are people in there if there are no windows for light.... ?

I WIN!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    Playing a fire mage is like playing the lottery
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschatonin View Post
    People think its easy because they hear about the few who win?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killzwitch View Post
    We are often asked to think outside the box, let's see if you can think inside the box with this olde riddle.

2 Men, A and B (their names hold no meaning) are in a room, the room has always existed since the dawn or time and so have the men, there are no mirrors or reflective surfaces within the room itself, no doors, no windows, no way in or out of the room, no women, no children, no other beings or animals except these 2 men; A and B.

So how many people are there in the room.
    If the room existed since the dawn of time it means that nobody built it around anyone so it's empty.

The obvious answer is ofcourse two people! Kael'thas and Onyxia becuse those bastards just cant die.