Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    1. Ret scales very well with weapon damage. You may have 355 ilvl but a 346 weapon, which is a serious gimp to our dps.

2. We scale well with group buffs.

3. Heroics suck for testing dps in many many ways and Ret isnt' the best spec to flex recount parses in a 5 man.

4. We depend heavily on trinkets. If yours suck, that may be one of the issues.

5. Make sure you are using the latest CLCRet, there are some old links if you're dling through google.

6. Make sure to use cooldowns correctly, they affect our dps much more than one would imagine, incorrect usage and incorrect priorities during cooldowns may also gimp your dps hard.
    This ^ + luck plays a huge factor with ret more so then possibly any other spec in game because not only does our dps highly rely on it but so does our self survivability & ability to heal others.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by h0lyshadow View Post
    Do a macro that cast both GoAK and Avenging Wrath, remember to use it everytime you start a fight
    Do NOT do that. You should use Guardian 10 second before popping wings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zance View Post
    Do NOT do that. You should use Guardian 10 second before popping wings
    To simplify priority should be smth like this at the start of a patchwerk phase:

CS>GoAK>CS>Filler>CS>Zeal>Inq+AW

That's how I always did it, if anyone sees a mistake there feel free to correct me.

---------- Post added 2011-05-24 at 09:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsurugi View Post
    Is that commentary on Ret's DPS status as of now, or just a joke?
    It's actually a Jim Carrey quote from Mask. I got a weird memory =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFldSKSCTkk
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-05-24 at 10:10 AM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    To simplify priority should be smth like this at the start of a patchwerk phase:

CS>GoAK>CS>Filler>CS>Zeal>Inq+AW

That's how I always did it, if anyone sees a mistake there feel free to correct me.
    That's a pretty bad rotation i'm afraid. You lose a lot of uptime on inquisition, your GoAK stacks go up slower than normal plus you have downtime between global cooldowns

At start of a fight
    Run in using judgement (cheer if you get a 3hp proc and pop inq), proc GoAK, cs (1hp), inq (i got 4 set so i get a 20 sec inq), filler, cs (1hp), filler, filler, cs (2hp), filler, filler, cs (3hp), Wings + Zealotry + Golemblood

This gives almost 20 seconds of having Wings + Zealotry at max strength with the downside of having to refresh inq during those 20 seconds if i didnt get an early 3hp proc. Advantage is that you have your abilities on cooldown immediately for another possible use later in that fight.

Delay GoAK if you know bloodlust is procced soon or if you need more time putting up inquisition. Best way is to have a 3 hp proc right before you pop wings + zealotry so you can put up a 30 sec inq, that way you don't lose a gcd to refresh inq during wings + zealotry.

If you don't have 4 set, the rotation is the same. It's only that you pop GoAK a bit later (just before you pop a 30 sec inq). You then have 10 sec to ramp up to 3 hp for Wings + Zealotry while still having the benefits of inquisition.

If you have a trinket like Heart of Rage, try to get a cooldown timer for it so you know when it's about to proc. Normally i proc my GoAK when the internal cooldown ran out. It takes a few seconds to proc so if everything works my way im having Wings + Zealotry + Golemblood + Heart of Rage + Bloodlust + Inquisition during the last 20 seconds of GoAK. Even if you would sneeze on the boss, it would give decent dps then (not hard with 13k strength).
    Last edited by Fektoer; 2011-05-24 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fektoer View Post
    ... cs (3hp), Wings + Zealotry + Golemblood
    You forgot pre-pot.

Yeah if you want to go nuts, pre pot so you have an even bigger dps spike. Problem is that without prepotting there's already a big chance that i'll have to pop salvation (losing out on dps). If i'd prepot i'm almost guaranteed to pull aggro. But yeah theoretical max would be:

Prepot Golemblood, run in using judgement (cheer if you get a 3hp proc and pop inq), proc GoAK, cs (1hp), inq (i got 4 set so i get a 20 sec inq), filler, cs (1hp), filler, filler, cs (2hp), filler, filler, cs (3hp), Wings + Zealotry + 2nd Golemblood

10+ Year Old Account

Run in using judgement (cheer if you get a 3hp proc and pop inq), proc GoAK, cs (1hp), inq (i got 4 set so i get a 20 sec inq), filler, cs (1hp), filler, filler, cs (2hp), filler, filler, cs (3hp), Wings + Zealotry + Golemblood
    How do you handle that same rotation assuming you don't have 4 piece?
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Run in using judgement (cheer if you get a 3hp proc and pop inq), cs (1hp), filler, filler, cs (2hp), inq, GoAK, cs (1hp), filler, filler, cs (2hp), filler, filler, cs (3hp), Wings + Zealotry + Golemblood.

If you dont get a 3 hp proc you'll have to refresh inq during zealotry which sucks but can't be helped. If you do get one during the rampup towards wings+zealotry it's all gravy and you're off to the races

10+ Year Old Account
    Run in using judgement (cheer if you get a 3hp proc and pop inq), cs (1hp), filler, filler, cs (2hp), inq, GoAK, cs (1hp), filler, filler, cs (2hp), filler, filler, cs (3hp), Wings + Zealotry + Golemblood.

If you dont get a 3 hp proc you'll have to refresh inq during zealotry which sucks but can't be helped. If you do get one during the rampup towards wings+zealotry it's all gravy and you're off to the races
    Hm so the idea is to have Inq up parallel with GoAK, seems pretty logical once you think about it. Derp. Shame on me, guess that's what you get when you only consistently play Ret in pvp.

Inq should be up indefinitely, regardless if you have GoAK up or not. The idea is to get it rolling as soon as possible so you pop it at 1 hp if you have a 4 set or at 2 hp if you dont have a 4 set. Both situations you'll end up at 20 sec.

If you have a 4 set bonus you refresh at the second inquisition falls off, regardless of how many hp you're on.
    If you dont have a 4 set bonus you refresh anywhere between 0 - 5 seconds before it drops off at 3 hp. It's alright to be without inq for 2-3 seconds if that means you get a 30 sec inq. So anywhere between 5 sec before dropping off and 3 sec after dropping off is a right time to pop your 3 hp for a max inq.

10+ Year Old Account
    It can be very good scaling, just at lower gear levels I feel like it suffers more than usual. The only thing that I have a problem with is managing cooldowns because that can provide a huge impact to how your overall numbers are.

Deleted
    need to know is a decent adon to use to track both cd's and the uptime on your buffs which might help with your cd tracking

If anyone here can give me any ideas or tips on how to use CDs on Heroic Magmaw 25M (last time we downed it, it took 8 minutes 47 seconds).

I'm guessing I should save Guardian for first head phase and then the next head phase where it is up (which will probably be near close to downing it).
    At first should I go judgement>cs>filler>cs>filler>cs>Zealotry>Inq>AW>HoW>TV>CS>TV etc since I don't want to align it with guardian at first or should I just pop Inq at 1 or 2 (I don't have the 4 set currently).

Is there any consistency with the timings of the head phases or is it just dependant on how much damage your raid does? Also, with all the times I've done it in normal and the 1 time in heroic, I feel like I have to either use zeal or AW during one head phase, not both, because otherwise the other one is not up for the next head phase. It's an annoying situation and it can cause for screwing up cooldown usage or unluckiness to really ruin your dps.

the thing that i have found the most difference in dps is cooldowns, when you use them can increase or decrease your dps by thousands. So trial and error on new encounters on when to use them. Roughly 35% of our dps comes from cd's so use them carefully.

---------- Post added 2011-05-24 at 03:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosblade View Post
    If anyone here can give me any ideas or tips on how to use CDs on Heroic Magmaw 25M (last time we downed it, it took 8 minutes 47 seconds).

I'm guessing I should save Guardian for first head phase and then the next head phase where it is up (which will probably be near close to downing it).
    At first should I go judgement>cs>filler>cs>filler>cs>Zealotry>Inq>AW>HoW>TV>CS>TV etc since I don't want to align it with guardian at first or should I just pop Inq at 1 or 2 (I don't have the 4 set currently).

Is there any consistency with the timings of the head phases or is it just dependant on how much damage your raid does? Also, with all the times I've done it in normal and the 1 time in heroic, I feel like I have to either use zeal or AW during one head phase, not both, because otherwise the other one is not up for the next head phase. It's an annoying situation and it can cause for screwing up cooldown usage or unluckiness to really ruin your dps.
    i use guardian as soon as i get first inq, zealotry on second, save wrath for first head phase, zealotry at 2nd head phase then usually i have wrath back for last burn phase, use guardian on cd.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall/2...14/30/default/
    We are in the middle where all spec should be.

MM Hunter is currently over the top, and Warriors 1.5k more then ret so you are probably doing something wrong.

So probably A) and B)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    last i checked i could post whatever i wanted as long as i wasnt offending anybody
    im offended >:>

Im now a rogue and no longer playing wow!
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2011-05-24 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post

MM Hunter is currently over the top, and Warriors 1.5k more then ret so you are probably doing something wrong.

So probably A) and B)

im offended >:>

Im now a rogue and no longer playing wow!
    On the other hand Rets are touching rock bottom in 25H all parses:
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...14/30/default/

As someone else said, it takes a LOT of skill and luck to be even remotely close to even towards the top of your raid, and there really isn't a reason to bring you over an arc mage.

Even in a patchwerk fight like Chimaeron we are 2nd to last...

I wouldn't mind a little buff. Just a little. Maybe a 3% increase in single target dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Nobody cares about 25N.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    I wouldn't mind a little buff. Just a little. Maybe a 3% increase in single target dps.
    I remember one patch pre-cata where we had insane censure damage, INSANE TV damage (like 32k with 277 weapon rofl), I can't remember if Judgement was OP for that 2 days or so. Oh and Hammer of Wrath.

It seems like most of our abilities are from level 80 and haven't scaled to 85 for crap.

WTB old hard hitting judgment, not this wet noodle thats only good for regen and stacking truth.

(I am pretty sure paladins of all specs were by far the most nerfed from the first pre-cata patch to now)

Deleted
    As opposed to someone else who said stating dps numbers would be epeen flexing, I think it would be helpful to know with what numbers exactly the op is 4-5k behind on his ret. I'm in 355gear with a 353 weapon and pulling between 18-22k in za boss fights, depending on group setup, fight length, rng.

GoaK right off the bat to get 20 stacks, get 3hp then zealotry/inq/aw and from there cs(<3hp)>how>exo>tv etc. Using hol procs earlier only if they'd otherwise expire. Might add 480str ing gloves macro'ed to cs for max uptime.