Thread: Higher Learning

Higher Learning

So, I've only needed one book to complete this for the last month. I know all the spawn rates and spawn locations. The last book I need is on the bottom floor of the Violet citadel in the bottom left corner of the left most bookcase on the right as you come in I camp it and check it as well as reading and clicking on all books I see in all the other locations. I do this as often as a human can who has a job, wife, and 2 year old daughter can...my question: is this particular book any more difficult, or am I simply getting unlucky? I'm sure it's just luck, but I still want to make sure there isn't something I can do. Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    I think you are just unlucky. all books have a different spawn rate.
    For example : my last book was the one near the portal to caverns of time (violet hold upper floor) and a friend of mine got her last book at the balcony.

Best time to do this is just after server reset.
    see http://warcraftpets.com/guides/pets/kirin_tor.asp for more info.

Deleted
    Now that Dalaran's pretty much dead it's extremely easy to get all those books. Just drop by every now and then instead of camping it.
    My alt's gotten like 6/8 once he first got to Dalaran.

Deleted
    That last one always seems to take ages. The link Patcherke gave is a good guide. I got my last one by timing the spawns.

If you can discover a means to crash Northrend, you can always repeatedly crash the world server for half an hour or so and hope your book spawns :P

(That's how I got mine, during the time just after one of the Wrath patches when any faction "winning" a wintergrasp match would crash Northrend, resulting in a reset of wintergrasp, meaning people would try to win it again. Northrend crashed every 10 minutes for a good 3 hours, causing the books to respawn every time the World server came back up :P )

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Easiest way to get this achievement is just log in on wednesday right after reset.
    Then all the spawn locations have a book.

thanks for the info guys...i'll give it a try

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    Easiest way to get this achievement is just log in on wednesday right after reset.
    Then all the spawn locations have a book.
    This worked very well for me, when you can afford to log on when the server starts, you need just 5 minutes a week to get your books.

Deleted
    Fun fact, I got it as second book last weekend >.<

It's luck man.

Hope you dont get as bad luck as me. Spended around 25 hours camping last book left of Ronin. 3-4 fakes before real one :s Was some booring times.

Took me 2 days to get 7 of the books, then 1 month to get the last one i needed (the last one I needed was in the Dal visitor center).

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I started this achievement Sunday at 2pm Eastern, and completed it at 1am this morning.
    I began taking notes of each spawn location from 2pm onward and found that the longest spawn time was 4 hours and change. The shortest being just under 3 hours and 30 mins.
    I too had to wait on the Violet Citadel book, but thankfully there were only a few other ppl cruising around Dal at the time.

Also, the spawn rate of real books at each node was about 40%, which the aforementioned book being less than 20% - along with the book in the lower area of the Lounge / Inn.
    Last edited by Junk; 2011-05-24 at 02:21 PM.

So, apparently the way to get your achievements done is to just post about them and complain...not even 48 hours after starting this topic, I got the book I needed and the pet and achievement. We had just downed Al'Akir with my guild and I was hoping to carry over some good luck from that and low and behold it worked. Thanks for all of your input.

Deleted
    the dalaran librarian should really raise the fines on not returning borrowed books on time.
    these books are scattered around dalaran for ages!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    So, apparently the way to get your achievements done is to just post about them and complain...not even 48 hours after starting this topic, I got the book I needed and the pet and achievement. We had just downed Al'Akir with my guild and I was hoping to carry over some good luck from that and low and behold it worked. Thanks for all of your input.
    congratz on the nice pet.