Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

MMO thats got great pvp?

im moving away from wow after like 5 years, and i am looking for either a grindy mmo with large player base, or an mmo with great pvp in a fantasy setting. and before anyone says LoL i don't like the playstyle.

maplestory is grindy, free, and has tonnes of players, prob cause its free.
    Nelf Druid. Tank/Melee/Feral PVP. Dreadmaul

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah but its like 2d and i cant stand item mall MMO's

Aion perhaps?

Its pretty much a PVP-fest. It used to be a bit grindy too but I think they altered and added quests. I know there is repeatable quests still that you can do hundreds of times.

Deleted
    You could try an aion private server to see if you like it?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i was looking into aion but it doesnt have a free trial and i hear that there are not a lot of american players.

bloodline champions!

everything is aimed based, even heals.

amazing balance, and full of skill

Quote Originally Posted by Krunsh View Post
    i was looking into aion but it doesnt have a free trial and i hear that there are not a lot of american players.
    There are plenty of American players.

I don't know what to tell you, you're asking for something then including all these restrictions that cross out all the available games that fall into what you want.

try endless trial for Warhammer Online. at times it has been very good pvp oriented mmo with solid graphic and solid fantasy backround. its dying now which is a shame.

I personally cant stand how is wow butchering classic fantasy with these Harison Jones, and blood elf paladins driving Harley Davidson, AION is a kind of korean style which I dont like too and all has wings omg...

.... personal preference.

If you like arena style and competetive skill based fast paced matches go for Bloodline Champions.
    Last edited by Tullkas; 2011-05-23 at 01:59 PM.

Deleted
    Guild Wars for PvP, I guess.

I'd wait for Guild Wars 2. ;D
    Just re-installed my Guild Wars: Factions cause I got bored to the current state of WoW and I am having pretty good time PvP and leveling with friend while waiting for GW2.

Warhammer, has Very Very good PVP, but it feels slow, but is balanced, theres not much PVE content though.

Guild Wars 2 is coming with Structured PVP realms thats basically the same exact thing as the arena tourny realms except they never stop.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played warhammer at launch but since i wasnt in the pre-order program i kept getting left behind in the brackets so i quit it. and maybe ill give aion a try.
    its just i know im being pretty restrictive but i cant count the times ive tried a game i thought was gunna be epic then there were just so many things i didnt enjoy. only reason i have kept playing wow is that i cant find something better. but im just gunna quit and go for broke other places now, tired of giving money to a game i no longer can enjoy more than a week or 2.

---------- Post added 2011-05-23 at 10:02 AM ----------

how is rift? and yes guildwars 2 is for sure, but im looking for a filler until then. its most likely gunna be a 2012 release.

If you have the 20$ to blow try the Arena Tourny Realms they were pretty fun last year, and that will last til about july.

Global Agenda is also 99% PVP based so if you like TF2 style gameplay i recommend that. And its free, Well besides original purchase.
    Last edited by Blizzcon2011; 2011-05-23 at 02:08 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah im looking for like fantasy 3d open world MMO pushbutton-cast spell style.

and i play a hunter so tournament realm is a bad idea, i'd rather put that 20 bucks into soemthing else i can enjoy.

I played warhammer at launch but since i wasnt in the pre-order program i kept getting left behind in the brackets so i quit it. and maybe ill give aion a try.
    its just i know im being pretty restrictive but i cant count the times ive tried a game i thought was gunna be epic then there were just so many things i didnt enjoy. only reason i have kept playing wow is that i cant find something better. but im just gunna quit and go for broke other places now, tired of giving money to a game i no longer can enjoy more than a week or 2.

---------- Post added 2011-05-23 at 10:02 AM ----------

how is rift? and yes guildwars 2 is for sure, but im looking for a filler until then. its most likely gunna be a 2012 release.
    Rift is like wow. It's PVP is pretty tight though. I suggest you give Aion a go. It seems to fit your overall wants for a game.

Nah im looking for like fantasy 3d open world MMO pushbutton-cast spell style.

and i play a hunter so tournament realm is a bad idea, i'd rather put that 20 bucks into soemthing else i can enjoy.
    It works the same way as PTR, you can make whatever you want at max level with max gear.

Global Agenda still has Action bars, the only things that dont use actionbar is your jetpack, melee, primary and secondary weapons, but you have about 5 or so abilities that are action bar stuff.

After all that i dont really know much else, i havent tried LOTRO or DDO

But if you wanna take out the MMO and Open world out of your search i can recommend,

League of Legends
    &
    idk you dont give much options :P

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will look deeper into aion.

Lotro, yes but it doesnt have pvp and is F2P. I have a personal bais against all F2P except guildwars because they always tend to be bad or have a the pay to win item mall.

DDO i palyed until it went F2P and they ruined it. it used to loo ka lot better have a better world, ect...

and LoL is like warcraft 3 meets arena. not my thing.

and yes i know it works liek the ptr with that and such but idk how to play the other classes, and a hunter on the tournament realm, unless you are hasuit is pretty laughable.

im one of those competetive peope where if im not top dawg im not doing good enough.

I'd definitely suggest giving WAR another try. Last time I played, there were constantly people in all tiers, so finding groups was really easy. I bounce back to it fairly regularly; the main reason I keep coming back to WOW is so many of my friends are here (and live quite a ways away).

Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    I'd definitely suggest giving WAR another try. Last time I played, there were constantly people in all tiers, so finding groups was really easy. I bounce back to it fairly regularly; the main reason I keep coming back to WOW is so many of my friends are here (and live quite a ways away).
    Pretty much this, they reduced the total realms and merged people so the realms are still pretty populated.