Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is Fandrals fight too boring?

As the topic name says, do you guys think that Fandrals fight is way to simple and boring, for such an awesome looking beast he is?

I mean, cmon. Scorpion, Cat, Scorpion, Cat, Scorpion and a few pretty flameorbs in the very end doesnt really sound wicked for a guy whos filled with anger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, It's incredible how the PTR can trick people into thinking that it's the complete fight that we'll see on live.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by etsumii View Post
    Yup, It's incredible how the PTR can trick people into thinking that it's the complete fight that we'll see on live.
    I'm sure they'll add 5 more different forms, that were somehow not covered by Encounter Journal.

Hopefully its not fully implemented :P

I doubt they would let people test an encounter that wasn't almost complete. Yes there will be "tweaks" between PTR and live, but they won't add new major mechanics.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Ill just put this here: PTR.

Deleted
    Put the feedback on the official PTR forums instead of here, that way it can actually be useful if it's relevant.

It's incredible how much people will cover their eyes and keep on going fanboy on Blizzard. What's the point of testing a fight if it is not complete, then you would just have to retest it again when it is complete? It's only numbers that get tuned down for PTR, not the actual mechanics.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I'm pretty the fight is fully implemented but it's the normal mode so it's ment to be easy.

He's a druid - how complicated can it be?

Yeah, I was incredibly disappointed. I was looking so forward to him, as everyone who rolled a nightelf as their first toon pre-cata and did his quest were. We hated him with a fiery passion, and my guild already gave me permission to dps him down alone at the last 1% of health, even if im heals, just so I can satisfy my hatred of him for the quests. But this... I can only describe this in 4 words:
    Blizzard, I am disappoint.
    FC: 4441-9848-5442 (If you want any gen 1-6 starter, PM me or ask on steam)

10+ Year Old Account
    Its very possible they will add a few more spells that each form can be cast to make it a bit more interesting but i doubt the overall flow of the fight will vastly change.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It's incredible how much people will cover their eyes and keep on going fanboy on Blizzard. What's the point of testing a fight if it is not complete, then you would just have to retest it again when it is complete? It's only numbers that get tuned down for PTR, not the actual mechanics.
    It has ac tually happened on more then one ocassion that mechanics has changed, mechanics has been added to fights because of the PTR, the PTR is not actually just there to test if content is too hard or too easy, it's there to test for bugs, to see which mechanics work and which doesn't.

So there is PLENTY of reasons to actually test unfinished bosses. That said however I dont think it's the case this time, but I'll not comment on it as fights mroe often then not tend to be very different when actually fighting them then they are watching.

15+ Year Old Account
    The main strat / abilities could stay the sme but they could add some things like more raid damage, longer lasting image so the tank takes more dmg during cat phase, faster detonation time on the flame orbs etc etc. They can leave the basic mechanics and make it much more nail biting by changing timers / coifficients.

Sure its boring when you got 10 seconds to run out let a debuff drop...but give the same debuff a 3 sec timer that can wipe the raid and watch how "boring" that mechanic is at 10%! Nothing like a little panic to make things that are boring drive you to the edge of your chair going "O nooo plz don't let Y get the debuff now we are soo damn close".

10+ Year Old Account
    Isnt that what happened in Al'Akir from PTR to Live servers??? Didnt they PTR it at first with no Squall Line and when it came to Live it had Squall Line?

dont really remember actually just thought that was the time line on how it all went down...
    IBroughtGuns ~ Night Elf Warrior
    Specializing in Protection Services
    Dabbling in Smashing Faces
    Proudly Serving Alliance Since 2007
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/haomarush/Ibroughtguns/advanced[/URL][/url]
    Addiction Guild - http://addiction-haomarush.wowstead.com/

All I can think of when I see that platform is Deathbringer :/

But OT: The fight isnt done. I didnt even see the mushroom thingies they showed in the preview video. Also the dmg didnt seem right. The raid dmg was really low if you watched the raid bars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    The point of the PTR is to test and file reports so that Blizzard can tune encounters. They can and have added mechanics in the past via this useful method of input. Sadly the majority of people that play on the PTR are simple there to learn the fights so they can take that info to the live servers with very little feedback going to Blizzard. Why do you think this stuff gets on live and is bugged out the ass?

As long as the PTR is open to everyone, its value is going to be limited to the quantity of quality testers that can somehow push their way around the server cap and get real testing done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaxGreia View Post
    He's a druid - how complicated can it be?
    Oh no you didn't.

As others have said, PTR is PTR and I doubt the fight is finished. If I recall a few fights on beta were undertuned or simpler than they are on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Icyshadow View Post
    Yeah, I was incredibly disappointed. I was looking so forward to him, as everyone who rolled a nightelf as their first toon pre-cata and did his quest were. We hated him with a fiery passion, and my guild already gave me permission to dps him down alone at the last 1% of health, even if im heals, just so I can satisfy my hatred of him for the quests. But this... I can only describe this in 4 words:
    Blizzard, I am disappoint.

sums up how i feel about this fight... i got it on the second attempt i was expecting something much harder....

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't judge the PTR encounters as I have, People are right. It is PTR and I'm sure they will make tweaks to make us cry