Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    People hate on it because it is something to hate on. That and its like bandwagon hate (ie: Justin Bieber). People are insecure and and need to feel justified about their existence by hating on something that other hate on too.

I liked the books. But I read them with out comparing them to anything else.
    I don't hate Justin Bieber because of "bandwagon hate". It's because he represents everything wrong with the modern music industry.

By raising the argument that people are insecure for voicing their opinions over something, you leave yourself open to the argument that you're so insecure that you need to hide behind a construct of pop culture just so you can desperately cling to a community of people that share the same shitty taste in media that you do.

Deleted
    Well i actually likes vampires / lycans fantasy stories, but twilight was a totally fail.

at least for my opinion.

I hate it because it was literary piece of crap. Poorly written in my opinion, as well as was generic and bland. I can sum up the entire plot of the series in a few words.

Twilight: A girls choice between necrophilia and bestiality.

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    What I strongly dislike is the hype and the fans that created this whole twilight-mania. Not only is it not justified but these people go to such extremes to prove their love for the books/movies that it is close to madness.
    The target audience for this particular series was young teenage girls. This is obvious from the way it's written and even stated so by the author. I've seen much worse extreme hype over the years... Backstreet Boys anyone?

The hate seemed to come mostly with the movies. From readers of the books that had high standards for the movies and from people that look down on fantasy and romance stories. Also there was a lot of fandamonium that people liked to prod at. I'm just as confused as the OP as to why all the bashing?

Cool fact is that fans of Twighlight actually helped raise awareness and support for a Native American tribe on the Olympic Peninsula who's land was in a flood zone and needed to relocate to a part of land that was part of the National Park so the attention and tourism of Forks and the surrounding area has been much appreciated here in Washington. I thought this was pretty awesome =D

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aemos View Post
    Well i actually likes vampires / lycans fantasy stories, but twilight was a totally fail.

at least for my opinion.
    Probably because there are no Vampires or Lycans in Twilight.

I've read the entire series, so I feel I'm obliged to give my opinion. I've read uncountable amounts of books, and I have read from both good and bad authors. Being the author of the "Good Books Megathread" too, you can read through some of the pages in that thread and see that a majority of active readers agree to my opinion in books.

Twilight, is perhaps the only book I ever regret reading. It's not very good written, it is made entirely for the purpose of girls between 12 and 16, and the entire series is what I'd call tragic.

People laugh at me for having read it, but I read it for the purpose of posting the opinions of the countless people that say it's bad. I can second them.

Each time something bad happens to someone in the series, it ends up being all right anyway. And the ending in the fourth book I actually thought might be good (while reading). But when suddenly, after everything has reached it ultimatum, nothing happens.

In my own rating system (used in my blog), I rate books between 1 and 6. Of course I'm biased towards my favourite series The Dark Tower, but I'm fair in my votes for everything else. And twilight would land somewhere between 1.5 and 2.5. Even Digital Fortress by Dan Brown (which is a piece of crap) is much better than the entire Twilight Series.

Edit: And no I don't have anything against the vampire/werefulf genre, I love TrueBlood (not the books, the series), but Twilight will never reach my bookshelf. Not even on the bottom.

I don't hate Twilight, in fact I have only seen the first movie and never looked into the books. (Or well I actually tried reading the first book but got bored ) Anyway! My personal opinion is that vampires got turned into sexy men that all females get horny on. And after/during the Twilight era, several others with the same vampires started to show up; Vampire Dairies, True Blood etc, and I am not very fond of that sort of vampires.

Also take a look at all Twilight-posters. My point right there!
    http://www.google.se/imgres?imgurl=h...w=1360&bih=636
    http://www.google.se/imgres?imgurl=h...w=1360&bih=636
    "Take me, take me now!" lol XD
    Last edited by Tikiya; 2011-05-27 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    Also these movies screwed up Vampires for the next ~5 years. It'll take that long untill I can honestly say again "Vampires are cool".
    This would be pretty much my only reason for disliking the saga anyway. Personally I love horror. I love writing, reading and watching horror as a genre. I was reading stuff like Mary Shelley, Anne Rice and Bram Stoker when I was a teenager and have done numerous literary courses focused on gothic horror. I love everything about it. What I don't like is how horror seems to either have gone either in the way of "let's see how much gore we can make" (gore doesn't make a frightening film, it's just disgusting) or the "tragic romantic monster." Don't get me wrong, I've no problems with either of these they're just not for me. Personally the only thing I hated in Anne Rice's Chronicles was Louis, I just resent that *all* horror seems to either the gross out or humanised monster these days.