How Are Paladin Tanks At soloing?

How Are Paladin Tanks At soloing?

1. 60 Content.

2. 70 Content

3. And 80 Content ?

Not too good. Death Knights are way better at solo'ing

Deleted
    Bad CC: only Hammer for 3 seconds.
    Decent self heal: WoG (glyphed) with healing Seal provides around 4 k hps. Everything that does more dmg must be mitigated with CD's, resistance gear (bad) or die within a restricted time

Terrible imo.. 60 easy 70 heroics easy 70 raids not really, 80 heroics some are challenging. With wog on a 20 sec cd forcing us to use seal of insight that sucks at healing makes staying up quite difficult. I was soloing tons of things before the wog nerf as ret and they were no challenge.

Deleted
    Shouldn't have any major self-healing abilities anyway, neither should Death Knights - not as a tank.

60's and 70's content was really easy. 80's content was easy for the most part as well. However, I haven't ran anything since the WoG nerf.

Blizzard destroyed WoG, making Soloing anything past lvl 80 5 man heroics impossible.

Now i understand WoG pre 4.1 was powerful, maybe to much so. So much in fact, i Solo'd Siamat from 63% in heroic Lost City after everyone died in a LFD group. I was also able to solo Kael'thas once before 4.1 (after MANY attempts at doing it how Raegwyn did it). But a 20 second cooldown was a bit to much. The idea was to bring Paladins down to the same survivability as Warriors/DKs/Druids. What made WoG so powerful was the 30% chance for it not to consume the holy power, for a wicked back to back 40k heals(if they critted). All they had to do was tweak that talent, so...perhaps the 30% proc only healed for say...50% or so.

(I dont have the source, but i swear i read it) They said when they made all class changes that they wanted Paladin tanks to have the ability to choose between healing, or doing damage. When WoG was nerfed, they claimed they didnt like tanks having to choose between threat and survivability, which is a crock of shit. It just makes healers work harder on the tanks, which is fine, but they have to understand, there are ALOT of paladins out there. Being able to solo shit is what made prot fun for some people, and also made us feel bad ass when everyone dies and were still standing. Here's another example. Venoxis in ZG. During its opening weeks, the entire group would always die, with me still alive, id survive untill my CDs ran out, knowing pre 4.1, i could easily have finished it off. A person in my group claimed on his DK he finished Venoxis several times solo when his group died. Is that balance?

/end rant

TLDR: Some shit is managable, but be prepared to get aggrivated.
    Last edited by Royalcrown; 2011-05-23 at 04:38 PM.

Soloed most of TK and SSC. Can do all Wrath heroics. Not 80 raids bar some in naxx 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Conditional View Post
    Shouldn't have any major self-healing abilities anyway, neither should Death Knights - not as a tank.
    so they should be warriors? because that's basically what it'd boil down to. self-healing as a tank is fine.

as for pally soloing, you'll have a hard time with 80 raids. everything else should be easy enough.