Max money Via Mining

I recently decided i want to start increasing my cash flow through mining. Now i have decided im going to devote an entire weekend to farming ore. Which is the best places to mine for Max cash? or any gold tips tricks or secrets worth sharing with a fellow mmo-champ? thanks
    Sarah yells: I am the lucid dream
    Sarah yells: The monster in your nightmares
    Sarah yells: The fiend of a thousand faces
    Sarah yells: Cower before my true form
    Yogg-Saron yells: BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOD OF DEATH

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Rev, try out an addon called Carbonite

This video in particular does a good job of showing it off

If you're looking for farming routes, check out this Pyrite Farming Guide

I think you'll make the most gold off farming Pyrite Ore in Twilight Highlands, but as you can see you can also go to Uldum. If you have Herbalism at the same time you can farm Cinderbloom, Twilight Jasmine, Pyrite and Elementium at the same time in Twilight Highlands. This gives you a good variety of items to sell, but the zone might be packed. You can also check the auction house for old ore prices, like Thorium, Mithril and Fel Iron. If any of them are out of stock or overpriced you can farm those too. You should try each of those Pyrite routes, Uldum and Twilight Highlands, for a set amount of time, like 30 or 60 minutes, and record how much you made in each place. Then do some math to figure out which one made you more gold.
    Last edited by meldora; 2011-05-23 at 04:39 PM. Reason: fixed youtube video link

Deleted
    The easiest way would be to follow the Mining guides (found on site like almostgaming.com. My recommendation is to farm the Baradin Hold area once you hit max, as it's often near-deserted for most of the time on the outskirts - unless someone's farming ahead of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    TH for elementium and hyjal for obsidium. Be sure to check prices on obsidium bars and folded obsidium. Sometimes on my server the bars are more expensive than the folded. dont know why but whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimoron View Post
    The easiest way would be to follow the Mining guides (found on site like almostgaming.com. My recommendation is to farm the Baradin Hold area once you hit max, as it's often near-deserted for most of the time on the outskirts - unless someone's farming ahead of you.
    Hmm i dont thing Baradin Hold is profitable :S atleast i didnt have luck with it.

OP i would suggest going in Uldum ,since it usually happens that you get 2-3 mines near each other.Also you could try Twilight Highlands i find it good ( even better if they fixed the phasing ).And also get Gatherer if you dont have one .

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

Hyjal for Obsidium, as stated above.

Stonecore for Obsidium/Elementium.

TH for Pyrite.

Obsidium can actually sell higher than Elementium, but Elementium gets better additional drops (volatiles, etc.). Technically, TH has the most veins for Elementium, but it is also farmed the most. I tend to do all my farming in Stonecore so I don't have all my mining mats in one market or compete as much with other farmers. Hyjal is usually where I go if somebody is farming Stonecore, but Elementium usually sells easier than Obsidium.

10+ Year Old Account
    In most current markets there is absolutely no way to make decent gold while gathering. It's far far far faster and easier to buy materials and sell crafted products.

Deleted
    ^ not everyones definition of "decent" starts at 500k .

As to making money, some of the lower level ore / bars sell very very well, Cobalt, Thorium, Adamantite, Fel Iron all sell damn well as people use lots to power level BS / ENG and there is very little supply.

All the usual good places for Obs and Ele ores have been mentioned above, tho I'd strongly agree that If you're going to try and make money from gathering you are failing if you aren't dual gather.

check out TB like 30 mins before and after a battle. rich pyrite nodes can pop up giving 6+ pyrite. Same with inside the battle zone. So you can do your dailies and farm them. If not there is usually a good amount of elementium ore around. So you'll get the gold from the quests, from looting and then from the nodes in the area.

Gertrude hit the nail on the head. It's no longer current content that has the best gold/hour ratio for mining. It's old content. You ever trying to find Khorium? It goes for like 50-100g a single ore on my server.

Deleted
    As stated above, you should really focus on getting the old ores! they are worth the most these day's. .... Then again 4.2 will breng epic craft gear sky rising the highest level of ores out there these day's.

10+ Year Old Account
    i farm in uldum. you make just as much on volatile airs as you do ore, thats with engineering though. easy route and its fun killing botters ^^