1. #1

    Shadow priest stats in 4.2

    With the buff of our single target damage, do you think crit will be alot nicer than haste now or will haste still be the same? I'm not sure where mastery will fit but maybe stat priority will stay as it is now.

  2. #2
    I see no reason for a decrease or increase in either haste or crit?

    Mastery's benefit will be decreased in the sense of our "3-set" of dot's being nerfed, but the mindflay and mindblast(More damage from the actual Shadow Orb part) will probably offset that. Overall, there should be no meaningful change.

  3. #3
    Overall it will probably stay the same, maybe mastery moving up a tad due to the MB buff so people will be using MB more often, but other than that probably not.

  4. #4
    It should stay roughly the same. Our dots will be doing a little less and our MB will do a little more.... but most of our dps will still come from our DoTs or else blizz has totally changed their minds about how they want us to work, or they just completely messed up a calc somewhere and would fix it anyways

  5. #5
    i think the stats will stay about the same until the higher end of the firelands gear then (i think) crit might make a small comeback with the SF cd's becoming almost spam-able at higher gear levels

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by kaanu View Post
    i think the stats will stay about the same until the higher end of the firelands gear then (i think) crit might make a small comeback with the SF cd's becoming almost spam-able at higher gear levels
    Your SF CD gets changed the exact same amount whether going from 13.43% to 13.44%, as if you went from 80% to 80.01% - I don't see a reason it's value would increase?

  7. #7
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    690
    I think the stats will be the same. i'm more concerned about the new tier bonuses not entirely sure what to make of them xD

  8. #8
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    119
    I was about to open a thread like this. Any SimCraft done with new stats?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestlyone View Post
    Your SF CD gets changed the exact same amount whether going from 13.43% to 13.44%, as if you went from 80% to 80.01% - I don't see a reason it's value would increase?
    I think Kaanu meant that with the T12 4pc we could be casting MB more and therefore MF less so it would be more important to crit more often with MF to still get the CD on SF to drop reliably. Which is possible, but it is more likely that if crit does come up a little in the sims, the difference will be very minor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyla View Post
    I was about to open a thread like this. Any SimCraft done with new stats?
    I doubt it. SimC doesn't have a 4.2 out yet for people to use. Also, someone mentioned the other day that the tier gear wasn't available to obtain on the PTR yet either to be messed with.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I think Kaanu meant that with the T12 4pc we could be casting MB more and therefore MF less so it would be more important to crit more often with MF to still get the CD on SF to drop reliably. Which is possible, but it is more likely that if crit does come up a little in the sims, the difference will be very minor.
    With SF doing more damage with T12 2p, lowering its CD with more crit should result in more of a DPS boost than currently. Therefore, with the 2p, the value of crit should rise.

    It's difficult to say for sure right now because it's not clear if we will truly be casting MB on CD with T12 4P, but assuming more MBs are cast, DoT do less damage, and SF does more damage, the net result does seem to boost crit and lower mastery's value.

    So right now it looks like in 4.2, haste > crit > mastery with hit in there wherever you put it now, but I'm happy to let others crunch the numbers.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    SimC doesn't have a 4.2 out yet for people to use. Also, someone mentioned the other day that the tier gear wasn't available to obtain on the PTR yet either to be messed with.
    SimC implemented most of the T12 set bonuses 4 versions ago, including shadow, if you want to mess around with them.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    SimC implemented most of the T12 set bonuses 4 versions ago, including shadow, if you want to mess around with them.
    Sry I wasn't totally clear in what I meant there. From what I saw on SimC's download page it didn't look like there was a version that has the changes to the damage our MB, DoTs, and sw: death do in it yet. So even if you sim'ed with the new items it wouldn't entirely be accurate.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Sry I wasn't totally clear in what I meant there. From what I saw on SimC's download page it didn't look like there was a version that has the changes to the damage our MB, DoTs, and sw: death do in it yet. So even if you sim'ed with the new items it wouldn't entirely be accurate.
    No need to apologize, I was just in a hurry earlier and didn't read you correctly. But, ya, as far as I know, the new PTR simcraft doens't have the proposed spell changes yet.

  14. #14
    Since it requires less haste per % than crit, and haste stacks multiplicatively, I don't really think crit will ever become more beneficial than haste.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •