Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    So because he basically carried you guys... you are saying hes exploiting? That doesn't 'cheapen' or make the fight easier. He kited the adds... thats what you do when no one is killing them! Do you want him to stand still and die like you did? Do you want him to just drop his IQ to 15 and join the rest of that party? If you want him to fail, just ask him nicely to.

Quote Originally Posted by ckwolfe View Post
    Well for those of you unfamiliar with the english language, exploit has a connotation in gaming to be something illegal, and I messed up here using that connotation; an exploit can also be something like I have described, wether against the rules or not. Something I also didn't mention was that while in corpse I saw many ofo the spirit things floating around elsewhere in the instance, not in the fight. Another thing is I realize this isn't against the rules but it kinda cheapens the fight. And on the flaming note, youve got to learn the fight eventually, so unless you have NEVER wiped, don't flame pls. Basically I hope blizz nerfs this before too many people learn this so beating the fight is actually semi-difficult.
    If you ever did anything besides tunnel visioning, you'd notice that there are always ghosts running around the lower ring that don't join the fight.

And you want Blizzard to "nerf this?" Perhaps you could tell Blizzard how they could go about nerfing player skill.

It's very refreshing to hear an anecdote like the OP's about well-executed kiting maneuvers. The sort of "kiting" I normally see in ZG groups is the healer deciding that it's a good idea to kite adds to the opposite side of the platform from where most of the group is currently standing, so as to make it as difficult as possible for dps to take care of those adds while having the bonus benefit of being completely out of healing range of the group!

not sure if serious... or troll... or just stupid

... I also didn't mention was that while in corpse I saw many ofo the spirit things floating around elsewhere in the instance, not in the fight ...
    You pass them by while you're on the way up to the last fight, you can see them. They are always there and they start coming at you on phase 2.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    It's very refreshing to hear an anecdote like the OP's about well-executed kiting maneuvers. The sort of "kiting" I normally see in ZG groups is the healer deciding that it's a good idea to kite adds to the opposite side of the platform from where most of the group is currently standing, so as to make it as difficult as possible for dps to take care of those adds while having the bonus benefit of being completely out of healing range of the group!
    Most healers prob assume their dps dont have broken mice/keyboards/legs and are able to move somewhat towards them, and is giving them room to kite the adds. Rather then dragging the adds on top of the dps, so the dps have to move even more to begin kiting.

Deleted
    OP has worded it very badly, but he's not calling out a player for exploiting a mechanic, hes calling out blizz for making a heroic boss phase solo-able :P

you guys need to relax...the flaming has gotta be bad for you

10+ Year Old Account
    Well for those of you unfamiliar with the english language, exploit has a connotation in gaming to be something illegal, and I messed up here using that connotation; an exploit can also be something like I have described, wether against the rules or not. Something I also didn't mention was that while in corpse I saw many ofo the spirit things floating around elsewhere in the instance, not in the fight. Another thing is I realize this isn't against the rules but it kinda cheapens the fight. And on the flaming note, youve got to learn the fight eventually, so unless you have NEVER wiped, don't flame pls. Basically I hope blizz nerfs this before too many people learn this so beating the fight is actually semi-difficult.
    I'm fairly certain that you are the one unfamiliar with the English language. First off, exploit does not have a "connotation" of something illegal; it has a definition of "a piece of software or chunk of data that takes advantage of a bug or glitch." I can't see in any way how someone could ever conceive that what you stated was an exploit or in any way even considered "cheap". You then state that you have to "learn the fight eventually" but also state that the ability to properly execute the fight should be nerfed (by the way, you probably should've said that the encounter should've been buffed to avoid confusion) - even though you failed to the very mechanics your SPriest mastered. Please, as you're apparently fairly new to posting in forums, take this advice:
    Don't post defending yourself (and flaming others) if you aren't going to make sense when you do it.

Deleted
    course it was an exploit!
    and its a well known one too.
    its called exploiting your ability to play so you can make fun of those that suck.

he exploited wasd by using his mouse to move
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maliss View Post
    OP has worded it very badly, but he's not calling out a player for exploiting a mechanic, hes calling out blizz for making a heroic boss phase solo-able :P

you guys need to relax...the flaming has gotta be bad for you
    OP made a post with "ZG final boss exploit" as the title, then elaborated and further called it an exploit. You can't blame the forum community or doing a little flaming in a situation such as this; everyone has to get theirs sometime.

*edit* Also, this boss under typical break-and-burn strat isn't that soloable, it's only really possible once all the bubbles are down. */edit*
    Last edited by Mathian; 2011-05-23 at 09:59 PM.

So your asking for the equivalent of this:
    The mouse can now no longer be used to turn player characters. In many cases, this gave certain players a slight advantage over those that used their keys to turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if this was an exploit (which it's not) it's against the forum rules to discuss it. SOOOOO yeah.