Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dragon Age 3 can't be as bad as Dragon Age 2. Not possible!

***SPOILER***

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Wasn't Dragon Age 3 confirmed the second you completed Dragon Age 2?
    I mean the the Champion is missing, the Warden is missing and the Chantry is looking for both.
    Obvious cliffhanger is obvious?

Oh and I actually prefered Dragon Age 2, I'd much rather have crazy political schemes than a standard'ish "Kill the dragon and save the world" plot.

---------- Post added 2011-05-23 at 08:25 PM ----------

Obviously you've never played a *real* rpg, where you had to pause and plan each attack.
    ... I miss Baldur's Gate Q_Q
    I want to punch you in the internet face right now. At least say spoiler...........
    Last edited by zakayron; 2011-05-23 at 08:59 PM.
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Relationships are a huge part of who a person is, ignoring them deprives the character of depth
    But the entire game ended up having almost every single tiny thing you did play into your romances. It was very heavy handed and extremely forced.

In any case, I sincerely hope for a much broader setting than DA:2 had. And perhaps more than 2 or 3 rooms and caves copy pasted ad nauseum.

I enjoyed every minute of DA2, it was only after finishing it that i felt disappointed. You go in expecting the story to build up to something awesome and it never does. It was three separate short stories barely linked together. The combat was an improvement, and the characters were great, but the re-use of dungeons was the biggest flaw in the game.

Hopefully DA3 will have the best of both games

Admittedly I couldn't be arsed to finish the game, after I dealt with the qunari guy I lost interest

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    UHU Dateing Simulator 3 i cant w8 .......... yeah right they should concentrate more on the story and content and les in dating and other similar stupid and useles stuf
    It's not a dating sim. It's a conversational and character development driven/based story on a lot of levels, and relationships can come out of that, whether they be for love, sex, friendship, or rivalry.

You can quite easily have you finger over the one and esc and just keep hitting those whenever a convo comes up to get past the 'silly' stuff and back into the 'less silly because it's not lolstory but still repetitive' combat. If they simply take out relationships, which doesn't always mean sex/dating, or character development then half of the game will be gone. It's easy to skip something that's there, it's not easy to imagine your own story up as you just hack and slash through 100 levels because some guy thought that any conversation between two NPCs means a game is a dating sim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    But the entire game ended having almost every single tiny thing you did play into your romances. It was very heavy handed and extremely forced.

In any case, I sincerely hope for a much broader setting than DA:2 had. And perhaps more than 2 or 3 rooms and caves copy pasted ad nauseum.
    kinda like the original dungeon siege. say what you want about the game, it was one amazing trek from the farm lands into spider cult-infested dungeons onwards towards the snowy mountains downwards onto the swamplands into the desert and beyond.

that is what I miss from RPG games nowadays, the content. like in final fantasy VI where you would play for days and the whole freaking world was on fire and you think it's the end and it just goes "end of chapter I". I think I powered through dragon age 2 in less than 10 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Oh, and this. I don't know how I forgot about this shit.
    it's because you were revisting the same places over and over, the entire game is based around a single city and some surrounding countryside

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    Then I got a nice generic hack and slash to recommend for you. That's what a Bioware Game is without the Conversations and the Story.

Mass Effect would be Gears of War.

Dragon Age, God of War.

Ironic... how those names are similar. And they represent the generic so well...
    Do you grow pot inside your helmet and sniff on it whole day? Dragon age is nothing like God of War

Quote Originally Posted by Diurden View Post
    the entire game is based around a single city and some surrounding countryside
    I thought my friend was trolling me when he said this after I talked about wanting to get the game.

I mean, there's a lot of adventure to be had in a sizable city sure, but it was definitely a ploy to not create environments as opposed to a tool to keep the story interesting (watching one location develop over time as you change it or something)

Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    kinda like the original dungeon siege. say what you want about the game, it was one amazing trek from the farm lands into spider cult-infested dungeons onwards towards the snowy mountains downwards onto the swamplands into the desert and beyond.

that is what I miss from RPG games nowadays, the content. like in final fantasy VI where you would play for days and the whole freaking world was on fire and you think it's the end and it just goes "end of chapter I". I think I powered through dragon age 2 in less than 10 hours.
    sounds like you played it on easy :X

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Do you grow pot inside your helmet and sniff on it whole day? Dragon age is nothing like God of War
    No, its not, but it is not much better than GoW without the story or social aspect. Which God of War lacks (Well, perhaps more specifically what GoW3 lacks).

Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post

When I started my first character, I had 10 hours in Act I. I'm on my second character now, I have 2 hours played and I'm in the middle of Act II. Shit goes fast when you realize exploring is pointless. Turn on tabtoggle and you can see everything you need to, and just follow the quest markers above day/night/country area changes and run to the marker. Even though I sit and listen to every conversation, it doesn't add up to much when you aren't going into every nook and cranny because you know 17 more quests will send you to the hillside, and having 7 resource nodes of ...some weed doesn't help anything, and everything will stay the same throughout the Act...except the area directly changed for the quest, which you'll be in, which you can see items 30 feet away, which tabtoggle makes incredibly easy. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

Quote Originally Posted by -AW- Squirrel View Post
    Why did you swear? Are you an uneducated fool who thinks its cool to swear on a forum that children frequent often?
    Why are you such a tool?

Quote Originally Posted by radical View Post
    Why are you such a tool?
    Er, I'm not?

Dragon Age Origins was amazing but imbalanced... An Arcane Warrior could boringly solo everything after a point and if you didn't want to do that then a Mage with Blood Magic and Spirit Healing could wipe out entire swarms of enemies. I still loved it, don't get me wrong, but don't pretend combat was really balanced.

Dragon Age 2 had a fantastic story, well developed characters (I still can't decide whether Isabela is a poorly written character, or a really poor person extremely well written) and at least until part 3 your decisions mattered (Bioware hijacked most of part 3 to tell whatever story they liked) but the combat SUCKED. Seriously the combat in this game is horrendous and just when you think it is over 'poof' and look its' raining men. The inventory shows signs they're learning, it is neither the spreadsheet of DAO nor the nothingness of ME2, hopefully they can find an even better balance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Dragon Age Origins was amazing but imbalanced... An Arcane Warrior could boringly solo everything after a point and if you didn't want to do that then a Mage with Blood Magic and Spirit Healing could wipe out entire swarms of enemies. I still loved it, don't get me wrong, but don't pretend combat was really balanced.

Dragon Age 2 had a fantastic story, well developed characters (I still can't decide whether Isabela is a poorly written character, or a really poor person extremely well written) and at least until part 3 your decisions mattered (Bioware hijacked most of part 3 to tell whatever story they liked) but the combat SUCKED. Seriously the combat in this game is horrendous and just when you think it is over 'poof' and look its' raining men. The inventory shows signs they're learning, it is neither the spreadsheet of DAO nor the nothingness of ME2, hopefully they can find an even better balance.
    remember hating the very last boss in the expansion because she cast glyph of neutralisation removing every single buff from my über arcane warrior.

Deleted
    Good things from DA:
    Story
    Characters
    RPG-stuff, and not the usual stuff that so called "hardcore" people shout for like huge inventory and spending skillpoints on things that don't matter. No, I mean good conversation options and choices that have an impact.
    Alistair. He deserves his own spot.

Bad things from DAO:
    Boring and slow combat
    Too much stuff in the inventory
    The Fade. Really, that place sucks, and there was so damn much of it.
    The Warden lacked perosnality completely. The silent protagonist is so outdated when it comes to RPGs were everything else is voiced.

Good things from DA2:
    Faster, more fun combat
    Better inventory management
    Voice-acted protagonist
    Story in Act 2 was actually really good imo
    Very much improved upon talent trees

Bad things from DA2:
    Perhaps too simple inventory management - why were the "junk" things even there?
    The story was often disconnected and in some cases outright bad. If it wasn't bad other things could screw it up, see Orsino at the end.
    Only one city, raining men in combat, recycled dungeons
    Weird conversational options: Rainbows and kittens - Doesn't give a damn about anything - Wants to rain hellfire down upon you and through you into Hades.

Can they just piece this together a really good game can come out of it.
    Last edited by mmoc64e39b9c60; 2011-05-23 at 09:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have faith they'll put the time into this one. Bioware's not a company who would take lightly the trashing that came from DA2. Unless EA has control of the strings, I expect Bioware to fix people's opinions of them after DA2.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

I hated DA1, DA2 I hated less. Hopefully I'll at least enjoy DA3.