Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

z68 mobo so cheapO_O?

http://www.dabs.ie/products/asrock-z...40000-42180000

AsRock are really, really bringing their A game latelyO_O

10+ Year Old Account
    Z68's aren't really worth it unless you want the On-die Graphics or the SmartResponse.

ASRock is usually a cheaper brand than most of the better known brands (doesn't mean they make bad boards, they're just cheaper)

On that board, no second PCIe x16 slot would bug me... I don't use SLI/Crossfire now (though I did before I got my GTX 580) but it's always a nice option to have down the road.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    ASRock is usually a cheaper brand than most of the better known brands (doesn't mean they make bad boards, they're just cheaper)

On that board, no second PCIe x16 slot would bug me... I don't use SLI/Crossfire now (though I did before I got my GTX 580) but it's always a nice option to have down the road.
    Indeed, but the cost alone is incredible for what you do get.

ASRock has much better reviews for their P67 line than the Asus one, and they're at least 15% cheaper.

Sad that people overlook their product based on the name, ASRock have been stepping up their game lately, and came up with reliable, performance motherboards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    ASRock has much better reviews for their P67 line than the Asus one, and they're at least 15% cheaper.

Sad that people overlook their product based on the name, ASRock have been stepping up their game lately, and came up with reliable, performance motherboards.
    Indeed, the starter prices of the Asus p67 boards are about 25% higher than Asrocks Z68 starter. Only difference is Crossfire on Asus's board, which while a bonus, is tempting me to think Asrock might get noticed a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Indeed, the starter prices of the Asus p67 boards are about 25% higher than Asrocks Z68 starter. Only difference is Crossfire on Asus's board, which while a bonus, is tempting me to think Asrock might get noticed a lot more.
    Say, Asus P8P67 Pro vs ASRock P67 Extreme4. (Both ATX boards, support SLI, Crossfire, 16x/8x PCI-E, 6GB/sata, USB 3.0, list goes on...)

Both have pretty much the same exact features except that the ASRock is 159$ and the Asus is 184$. That's a 15% difference for the SAME EXACT FEATURES on the board, granted you aren't a fan boy of Asus' blue color on their hardware and that you "don't care" about all the problems and the bad reviews the Asus P67 line has, compared to the ASRock one.

Point proven.
    Last edited by Chickensoup23; 2011-05-23 at 09:23 PM.

Deleted
    Say, Asus P8P67 Pro vs ASRock P67 Extreme4.

Both have pretty much the same exact features except that the ASRock is 159$ and the Asus is 184$. That's a 15% difference for the SAME EXACT FEATURES on the board, granted you aren't a fan boy of Asus' blue color on their hardware.

Point proven.
    That is one thing, Asrock have fairly ugly boards, but lets face it, a lot of people don't even own windowed cases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Asrock, formerly ASS ROCK (as in their boards might as well have been made of rocks from your ass), are putting out fairly decent boards these days from what i hear.
    Indeed, they're the third largest company right now, hoping this means good things in terms of price competition.

That is one thing, Asrock have fairly ugly boards, but lets face it, a lot of people don't even own windowed cases.
    That's a downside, lol. I don't get why it's so hard to put good colors on boards. I mean whoever designed them must have been colorblind or whatever.

As of now, MSi, Asus & EVGA got their colors right. Let's hope ASRock is next.

Deleted
    That's a downside, lol. I don't get why it's so hard to put good colors on boards. I mean whoever designed them must have been colorblind or whatever.

from what I've seen the PCB is mat black, which is great, but then bad looking DIMM slots etc

When I was first learning about computers, ALL boards were green, ALL of them.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

15+ Year Old Account

I don't see what's bad with the visual of this board. I also don't see the color of a motherboard as an incentive to buy or not buy. I'd much rather compare the feature sets of two boards than blue vs black.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post

I don't see what's bad with the visual of this board. I also don't see the color of a motherboard as an incentive to buy or not buy. I'd much rather compare the feature sets of two boards than blue vs black.
    Even thought technically speaking the colors are alright, there's something wrong about it. Personally, I'd say it's the fact that the white looks kind of "beige-ish", and the blue is too dark. Look at the Asus and MSi boards, they use lighter colors. As for EVGA, they use a dark (black/grey) and brighter color (red), so it contrasts, and makes it look good.

I do agree tho Cilraaz, I'd buy one any day over any other brand, as of now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even thought technically speaking the colors are alright, there's something wrong about it. Personally, I'd say it's the fact that the white looks kind of "beige-ish", and the blue is too dark. Look at the Asus and MSi boards, they use lighter colors. As for EVGA, they use a dark (black/grey) and brighter color (red), so it contrasts, and makes it look good.

I do agree tho Cilraaz, I'd buy one any day over any other brand, as of now.
    I think you need a new monitor, the white looks crisp on my IPS :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post

That's the extreme edition, not the starter z68.

It's the P67 Extreme4, the "starter" enthusiast P67 board. It's the rough equivalent to the P8P67-Pro from Asus, and this one prices at 160$.

Deleted
    It's the P67 Extreme4, the "starter" enthusiast P67 board. It's the rough equivalent to the P8P67-Pro from Asus, and this one prices at 160$.
    Eh that's the z68 extreme 4 from Asrock.
    http://www.dabs.ie/products/asrock-z...H3W.html?q=z68

---------- Post added 2011-05-23 at 11:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    It honestly doesn't look as bad as some of the Gigabyte boards we used to get. BRIGHT M'FING NEON anyone?
    Christ I'd prefer the basic green than that blue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Say, Asus P8P67 Pro vs ASRock P67 Extreme4. (Both ATX boards, support SLI, Crossfire, 16x/8x PCI-E, 6GB/sata, USB 3.0, list goes on...)

Both have pretty much the same exact features except that the ASRock is 159$ and the Asus is 184$. That's a 15% difference for the SAME EXACT FEATURES on the board, granted you aren't a fan boy of Asus' blue color on their hardware and that you "don't care" about all the problems and the bad reviews the Asus P67 line has, compared to the ASRock one.

Point proven.
    You DON'T be hatin' on MY mobo! I'll smack ya! ASUS FOH LAJF. Nao excuse me while I go enjoy my double POST and corrupt CMOS.

Now seriously would I've bought a mobo now I'd have seriously considered asrock. They ARE butt-ugly though.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's actually the P67 Extreme4. ChickenSoup made the ASUS vs ASRock comparison using the P67 Extreme4.

Here are the Z68 versions:

Pro3

Extreme4

Still not seeing anything aesthetically wrong.