Page 1 of 3
LastLast

"Best" healer class ATM?

Was just wondering what is the "best" healer class at the moment?

my source says dr00ds, for PvE that is.
    but as you can see it depends on the fight : )
    http://stateofdps.com/index.php?data...40&spec=healer
    Last edited by Borislav; 2011-05-23 at 09:59 PM.

Deleted
    Id say shamans, great aoe, great single target and good tank heal.

Druids are HPS bots, plain and simple. They do a ton of healing because that is all they can do, aside from innervate which is getting nerfed, and brez which they gave to DK's. 2 Tranq's in one fight is an insane amount of healing ,especially coupled with ToL. That being said, I will take my barrier, bubbles, Pain Supp and PI any day of the week over a 3 min. Tranq and an ass load of overhealing hot's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FredMaHead View Post
    At pve or pvp ?
    Let's say PVP.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Deleted
    Healing meters-wise, I have to say druids.

Other than that, I think each class brings something to the table atm.

druid for constant aoe damage
    shaman for tank healing
    pally good for both
    priest for low aoe damage

10+ Year Old Account
    druid for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Best?

Always going to be the class you prefer. We cannot help you choose a class.

There is no "Best".
    And its also dependant on your setup.

Resto shamans
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs
    wow is finnish lore is died

There is no healer that is far above or far behind the others in PvE. In PvP, I think the current consensus is that disc priests and resto shamans are fairly strong, while holy priests and druids are good, and paladin healers are weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Best?

Always going to be the class you prefer. We cannot help you choose a class.

There is no "Best".
    And its also dependant on your setup.
    "best" as in highest out put. There is ALWAYS a best

Quote Originally Posted by Checksmix View Post
    "best" as in highest out put. There is ALWAYS a best
    Not necessarily. "Best" can mean different things. Do you want the "best" healer for maximum possible HPS? Druid. Do you want the "best" tank healer? Paladin. Do you want the "best" healer for overall raid utility? Shaman or Priest.

Et cetera. Just saying "best" without specifying what, exactly, you value most for a healer will not net you an accurate answer. Now we can give you an answer that's actually relevant. DRUIDS have the highest possible HPS, though this doesn't mean that all of those HPS will be effective HPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my resto shammy, way more fun than my resto druid or disc priest ever was. Being near unkillable in PVP is always a bonus. With no PVP gear and a 352 iLev i can easily live though a full on assault from 2vs1 even managed 4vs1 once lol, they didnt know how to interrupt/silence obviously.

Ugh. These kind of things destroy the game. "What is the best healer?" "Which class does the highest DPS?" "Which class is the easiest one to get high rating with in PvP?"

So many threads of this comes up every now and then and I can imagine how many people think like this without writing threads about it.
    The game is not about which class you as an individual enjoy playing the most anymore. It's just about numbers.

And I believe this is the biggest reason why I quit the game. I have played the game for nearly five years up till recently. And I played restoration shaman since about 3,5 years ago. Before that I played a paladin and rogue and didn't enjoy it. So I rerolled to Shaman since it seemed interesting and I was curious about healing since it was fun. And I've played Shaman ever since with only one or two alts during that time, which I played very little on. I've always enjoyed playing my shaman because of what it brought to the table and because it was very fun playing the class and healing as it. But recently with this homogenization of classes I feel that my class is no longer what it used to be. Half of the classes out there now have Bloodlust for example, something that was a very cool ability only shamans had. Since the start shamans were about the totems, and now they are completely useless and replacable. That feeling of loving my class is slowly seeping away and it doesn't seem to change anytime soon.

Play whatever class you love playing the best, not the one that you believe is performing the best. It will increase your enjoyment within the game immensly. And afterall, World of Warcraft is about entertainment!
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    There is no healer that is far above or far behind the others in PvE. In PvP, I think the current consensus is that disc priests and resto shamans are fairly strong, while holy priests and druids are good, and paladin healers are weak.
    druids are ridiculous in PvP

yeah, I think there is no best because there are so many different aspects of the game. Are you talking tank? AOE? burst? Predictable or unpredicatble damage?

I doubt there is a best. There may be a best for certain parts of a boss encounter.. and maybe that boss encounter is hard because of one specific segment where one spec shines.. But if you are talking about a whole tier of bosses, they are all about equal.

I personally like Disc, to me it has the best tools to deal with Oh S moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarin View Post
    wtf no you wouldn't that would be retarded
    Obviously they would, or they would be playing a Druid and not a Priest.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.